Calling all Apes

anything POTA facinates me, even if it is disapointing tosh like burtons remake or sounds dodgy but trailer was ok new film.

im not into cos play at all, but apes cos playing looks cool, always nice to see the effort gone into those.

It sucks that there aren't more POTA costume wearers. It's the greatest sci-fi movie of all-time, damn it! If I see you at the event, can I get a picture with you?

i am totally with you guys on this one,i always wondered why we hardly ever see apes at the cons.its a total no brainer.if i was gonna do cosplay,thats exactly the character i would do(well,that or a stormtrooper.....uber cool),for two reasons;one is looks about as cool as you can get,and two,nobody else bothers to do characters from POTA.i have only seen apes at one con in the last four years,and that was at birmingham this year....i didnt even manage to get a photo either which i really wanted.......they must have disappeared into the forbidden zone...lol

GO APE!!

Apes guests (from the original films and TV series) seem to be a rarity at signing events, too. Anyone have any good autographs? I have Linda Harrison and Buck Kartalian, which I got in person in 2007. I'd love to be able to expand this minuscule collection.

i always wondered why we hardly ever see apes at the cons.its a total no brainer.

I'd have thought it was cos they were before most cosplayer's time and doesnt have the wide fanbase like Star Wars. Plus you might end up looking like James Belushi in Trading Places, "Monkey?! I'm a fkng gorilla, ya clown!!" In the movies the thing that made the Apes so cool was that they actually looked realistic and not fancy dress costumes which is what alot of cosplayers may end up looking like.

Edited by nicky

Apes guests (from the original films and TV series) seem to be a rarity at signing events, too. Anyone have any good autographs? I have Linda Harrison and Buck Kartalian, which I got in person in 2007. I'd love to be able to expand this minuscule collection.

I'd love some POTA guests as well. When I became a fan I looked up main actors from the original movie and sadly most of them has passed away. Linda Harrison is still alive & kicking though, I would LOVE to meet her!

Only POTA autograph I have is the ultimate one; Charlton Heston's.

She was very nice! It was just before I'd seen the Apes films so I didn't really know who she was (I had a vague idea) but she asked about me (what I did, why I was there etc.) so I have good memories of her :lol:

Edited by TurkFox

I would absolutely love to meet the cast members from the original films.

Pity I might never get the chance...

Anyway, Heres a sneak peek at what I am planning on wearing.

-This is just a generic Ape but I am currently working on a "Cornelius" Character Mask :lol:

PlanetoftheApes.jpg

I Hope you like it.

L

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have to pay to photograph ourselves next to the Monkee and BatMobile?

The Nolanverse Batmobile was there last year, and it didn't cost anything to have pictures with it. (It was so roped off, though, that you could hardly do anything untoward to it that would necessitate a fee being charged, anyway.) I would imagine the same thing will apply with these cars, and the Delorean, TARDIS and K9.

Edited by laurab1