RIP Elisabeth Sladen

gebes

Just read this

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-w...es-aged-63.html

and apparently it's also being twittered on some Dr Who fan sites that it was due to complications with cancer.

The news is just breaking now at news.bbc.co.uk as well

Sad sad news indeed

RIP Elisabeth

You will be missed.

Edited by gebes

Just found out, absolutely shocked. A second huge loss to the Who-niverse in a very short space of time. Very sad. Was truly lovely at LFCC '10, was honoured to meet her. She will be missed, but greatly remembered for her fantastic work

Such sad news. A lovely lady who contributed so much. A tragic loss and will be deeply missed. Thoughts are with family.

I cant believe it, im devastated, the amazing Elisabeth Sladen has passed away :-(

the world is a sadder place now such a wonderful woman has passed. you will be missed forever, we shall never forget you!

RIP Lis, god speed and goodbye, I will miss you greatly.

"A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry"

• Showmasters Admin

she was a lovely lady and a real star , the last event she attended was last years LFCC were she was great with the fans and someone that worked hard at pleasing and meeting all the fans ,it is a great loss for us all and she will be greatly missed

photo_lrg.jpg

1948 to 2011

We feel really sad, we only just got into this 'world' and was hoping to meet her someday, we had no idea she was ill.

She kept us entertained with SJA and in the new episodes of DW, I don't remember her in the old series', but we truly loved her

RIP xx

It's hard to put into words how I feel, but here goes. I started collecting autographs in 1993, and following meeting Jon Pertwee, the next event I went to had Nick Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen as the guests from Doctor Who. They were so lovely to meet that I have continued autograph hunting ever since. Over the years I met them several times at various events, and they were always as charming as the first time I had met them. I'm so glad that I had the chance to meet Lis one last time at LFACC, and so sad to hear of her passing. RIP, we'll miss you!