Map to Hilton Hotel from the NEC

Davey

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just out of interest, since I never noticed before, can you walk through the station to the airport? It's just that they have a few eateries worth looking at and I was bored with hotel pizza and subway!

Just out of interest, since I never noticed before, can you walk through the station to the airport? It's just that they have a few eateries worth looking at and I was bored with hotel pizza and subway!

you dont need to go through the station, just past it. if you go past the subway outside and keep going towards the airport they have a free shuttle that takes you over in a few minutes, they have a wetherspoons, a frankie and bennys, burger king, plus plenty of other places

Is there a train from Birmingham New Street station - the one my train from Glasgow would be coming into - to the NEC or would I need to get a bus instead?

I'll be printing out this map, lol :dance:

Yes there is a train - The Birmingham International Station is at the NEC. A 10-15 minute journey going by this.

http://www.thenec.co.uk/travel/train

Edited by 1of2

Is there a train from Birmingham New Street station - the one my train from Glasgow would be coming into - to the NEC or would I need to get a bus instead?

I'll be printing out this map, lol :wub:

You can get a bus as well but the train would be easier if you're already at the station, they run about every 7-10 minutes and cost less than £5 for a return ticket

I'll be printing out this map, lol :D

You can get a bus as well but the train would be easier if you're already at the station, they run about every 7-10 minutes and cost less than £5 for a return ticket

Cool, thanks for that :) My hotel is about 5 minutes walk from New St. station so it's great that the trains are so often...at least I'll be able to get out to the hotel easily :)

I have another question...how long does it take to walk to the Hilton from the NEC? (And vice versa) A Facebook friend of mine who's been to other conventions there said it's quite a distance and that you can take a taxi...

It takes about 3 minutes, if you stroll. :D

I have another question...how long does it take to walk to the Hilton from the NEC? (And vice versa) A Facebook friend of mine who's been to other conventions there said it's quite a distance and that you can take a taxi...
From the bus drop off point on that map it is less than 10 minutes. I have no idea from the train station though.

From the bus drop off point on that map it is less than 10 minutes. I have no idea from the train station though.

I would say it's about 3 minutes from the drop-off point, and about 10 minutes from the train station but, admittedly, I'm 6'2", have long legs and walk quite fast. :D

If you're getting dropped off outside the NEC then its a 5 min walk max, from the train station no more than a 15 min walk max depending how fast you are and how much stuff you have lol

I would say it's about 3 minutes from the drop-off point, and about 10 minutes from the train station but, admittedly, I'm 6'2", have long legs and walk quite fast. :P

I'm short and like to stroll and can confirm it's really not much more than that. :D

Brilliant :D I'm 5'6" (probably taller than average for a girl, 5'4" is the average, right? :WINCE: ) and quite a fast walker so it looks like I'll arrive at the hotel in about 15 minutes, I'm coming from the train station :P

3 minutes or just over 10...either's fine :firedevil:

My FB friend is saying the NEC is off the motorway and you can't walk to the hotel, but I don't see a motorway on that map!

When you drive there, you come off the M42... in a little filter lane just for the NEC... you drive through the carparks for the NEC and the Hotel is like RIGHT there, just near the NEC.

It takes about 3 minutes, if you stroll. :lol:

I keep trying to find the best route online and everywhere says it is about 19mins from Birmingham International Station

I keep trying to find the best route online and everywhere says it is about 19mins from Birmingham International Station

Walking you mean? No way. Maybe, just maybe from the actual airport to the hotel if you don't get one of those shuttle trains right away.

The map in the first post is showing the shortest and most direct way. Just follow the signs "train station" from the actual airport, and then from there use the map or I think there's signs "hotels" too. Once you're outside there's a sign saying Hilton for sure.

Walking you mean? No way. Maybe, just maybe from the actual airport to the hotel if you don't get one of those shuttle trains right away.

The map in the first post is showing the shortest and most direct way. Just follow the signs "train station" from the actual airport, and then from there use the map or I think there's signs "hotels" too. Once you're outside there's a sign saying Hilton for sure.

Yeah walking. I thought it sounded like it would be too long. I'm very glad that it seems to be wrong. QWE are staying at a crappy travelodge a few miles down the road so will have to make that walk quite regularly to get the 900 bus back, to skint to stay in luxury :lol: