Eclipse 3 Details

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everybody,

I am sure you are all aware that ticket sales for Eclipse 3 have been very low indeed. We’ve all talked about possible reasons but at the end of the day we are where we are now!

Running the event is going to lose an awful lot of money and truthfully we would have lost a lot less by cancelling some time ago. However, we did not want to do that as we did not want let those of you who have supported us down. We know it is not just about you having paid for tickets, but also flights, trains, hotels etc too. We really do appreciated your support!

We intend to therefore really give you a weekend to remember!!!! :YAHOO:

We have 3 amazing guests who I know for a fact are really looking forward entertaining you in a way that is not normally possible at one of these events. Sure, the low ticket sales mean that we do not have 6 guests. But on the up side it does mean that we can give you all the intimate type of experience that is never normally possible at one of these events. You will get closer and spend more time with the guests than has ever been possible before! When we booked Greg we had the choice really to go with him and give you a main cast guest, or get 2 supporting characters instead. We felt that Greg was the better option, as he may have pushed ticket sales and so facilitated being able to book more guests, but even if he didn’t we felt that you would rather see him than 2 minor characters. (I also know that Greg is AMAZING in a convention environment. A really fan friendly person)! ;)

In the next few days I will get the schedule worked out and up on the forum so you can see exactly what fun we will be having. For now though I wanted to give you some ideas of the things we will be giving you.

We will be doing a group photo shoot that will be available to all attendees for free. We will also be doing the guest encounters we normally do, but again they will become part of the package and be free. We have all sorts of goodies that we will be giving to you with your registration packs and we will also include a discount voucher for use at any future Massive Events / Showmasters show. If you had a Gold Pass you will get a £25 voucher, Silver a £20 one and Standard a £15 one! :D

For the 30 odd people who paid for gold tickets the drinks reception on Friday night will clearly be an amazing opportunity to hang out with the guests and really get to know them over a drink. All 3 guests will be there and it will run for the full hour! :D

We have some fun things planned for the parties, including a bucking horse, (mechanical not real), at Micah’s Birthday party.

All in all we will ensure that everyone has an amazing time at our last Heroes event. I am sure everyone will have a lot of fun and get to experience a different sort of convention that is not normally possible due to numbers. I hope that the all the freebies that we will be giving away, including the discount voucher, will help to make you feel that you will have had value for money, and I am sure that the by the end of the weekend you will have had an event that stays with you forever!

Once again, thank you so much for your support. Jason and I look forward to seeing you in just over a week and to sharing a drink with you at the parties! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Thanks for the update.

It's good to see you'll be putting a lot extra into this for everyone, and hopefully it'll go some way to calming everyone down a bit.

No doubt we're all disappointed at the way this event has turned out, and the bleak future for Eclipse events in general. But I'm sure we'll all have a great time with the guests we have got, and hopefully make the last one memorable for all the right reasons in the end.

the voucher and free photo shoot sound like a good idea that makes my silver ticket feel a bit more worth the money.

thankyou id have lost a lot of money if you guys had cancled so im glad your putting it on

x pez

im really pleased with the free group photo and voucher ideas so thanks for that it does make my silver ticket seem more worth it now. Im so excited to meet greg ive wanted to meet him since the begining of season 1 :P heres another idea though, how about we get 2 free autos from the guests instead of 1, and after that we pay for any more we want :WINCE:

I love Heroes and was hpping to come to an Eclipse event, unfortunatly I cant get anymore time off school and my savings are a bit stretched, otherwise I'd love to come to this, and I'm sad that this is the last one. i hope you all enjoy it and have a fantastic time though. <3

I tihnk the low turn out is a shame for Showmasters, but it sounds as if those of us that are going are going to get a really nice and intimate experience. Looking forward to the weekend. :P

Edited by jcAngel

@ andy_91 - don't get greedy now :WINCE: they've already made a £20,000 LOSS! :( they need to make some of this back SELLING extra autos, espesh to Alias fans B)

@ .Kirst - you realise next weekend is a BANKHOLIDAY so you won't have school on Monday? :P and even if you have school on Friday, it'll be done by 330pm and you could be there in the evening? ;)

surfy sah xx

Quite true actually, it's possible our school has the friday off too. Wonder if maybe I could see my dad for a long weekend and then just come down each day to save on hotel expenses. Could work. Thanks for reminding me! :P

Quite true actually, it's possible our school has the friday off too. Wonder if maybe I could see my dad for a long weekend and then just come down each day to save on hotel expenses. Could work. Thanks for reminding me! :P

omg, you going to eclipse 3?

i can't believe its the last eclipse con ;)

but the extra stuff you've given us makes up for only having 3 guests

we'll have to make this event one to remember :WINCE:

oh and also SM ... with the vouchers cna we use them for photoshoots? cos i;m going to ET2 in october but have already paid for my ticket so probs won't be able to use the vouchers B)

@ andy_91 - don't get greedy now :WINCE: they've already made a £20,000 LOSS! :( they need to make some of this back SELLING extra autos, espesh to Alias fans B)

surfy sah xx

haha i was joking :P but worth a shot ;) Cant wait till next friday!!

future Massive Events / Showmasters show. If you had a Gold Pass you will get a £25 voucher, Silver a £20 one and Standard a £15 one

does that mean we can use them at lfcc? and how will they work? i mean how do we use them if were buying from online shop.

future Massive Events / Showmasters show. If you had a Gold Pass you will get a £25 voucher, Silver a £20 one and Standard a £15 one

does that mean we can use them at lfcc? and how will they work? i mean how do we use them if were buying from online shop.

You won't be able to use them on the online shop at all as there's no way of being able to implement the discount or see the voucher you have got :D

You'll only be able to use them at the actual event as far as I'm aware.

That's really generous seeing as your already losing money on the event. I'm very greatful, thanks very much. :P

Now I've got an excuse to tell my mum why I have more than 1 photoshoot with a hot guy 'But mum, I had to use this voucher up'. ;)

Edited by bonniesrg

Not going to this one (fallen out with Heroes!) but just wanted to come on and say good on Mark and Jason for still running it and for doing their best to make it a good convention for the few going! I think you're all going to have a great time!

Thanks for the update SM, I'm so glad you've decided to go ahead with the event, I've wanted to meet Greg since I started watching Alias and I'm so glad I still have the chance.

The free group photo, guest encounters and vouchers are a brilliant added bonus, I'm really looking forward to the event. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've put into the Eclipse events, it's a shame it's gonna be the last but hopefully we'll get the chance to see more Heroes guests at CM or LFCC.