william shatner

indio

i saw many people who tryed to get a handshake and the most he did was give a fistknock now on this forum ive read several people saying they got a handshake. i dont think so some how

875592[/snapback]

WOW Did you stand there and watch him the whole time he was signing?? amazing!!!!

If not then how the hell would you know!

I saw someone ahead of me in the queue get a handshake from Shatner and one of the crew was asked while I was waiting if they could shake his hand and the crew member said that only about 5 people out of 500 on the Friday got a hand shake so just because you didnt see him shake anyone's hand it doesnt mean he didnt over the weekend.

well i was told different by 2 crew members and saw what i saw

876002[/snapback]

Dude, unless you and they watched him every single second of the whole 3 days then who knows what he did. And does it really matter? People have said they saw a couple of hand shakes. What's it to you if he did? Really? :wub:

Hello there, newbie type here.

This is my observation (for what it is worth) regarding the difference between William Shatner and Robert Englund.

From meeting both of the over the weekend, it was clear that they are both in camps of opposing technique when it comes to the treatment of fans.

Allow me to explain.

Robert Englund

He was the first person we met on Friday morning, and though obviously having ONLY just arrived at the venue he still joked and laughed with members of the public in his queue. When actually dealing with the queue proper, he was obliging regarding photots, friendly, talkative and witty. He spent ALOT of good quality time with each attendee and ALL the people that I saw walking away from him seemed to leave happy. My partner Sharon, our boy Luke and I spent around 5-10m mins with him just ourselves as he happily interacted even during my filming him with my digi-camcorder. HIS FAN LEFT HAPPY AND SATISFIED.

William Shatner

I was somewhat perplexed by his arrival, his attitude and him in general. Here is why. Firstly, he was RIDICULOUSLY LATE. That may not have been his fault so we'll let that one go. When he WAS due walk in, the large crowd that was waiting at his signing area was told by an SM staff member that he would get WS to stop for photos for a short while when he arrived so we all expectanly got cameras ready, pointing in the direction that the crowd and even SM staff alike were all facing. Only to be surprised by the fact that WS had appeared from behind the entire crowd, exiting from a store front toward his signing area. He voiced a gruff "Hello" but as his point of enrty was unexpected, very few people even heard him! To which he mumbled of a haughty 'please yourselves' type response. His pause for photos lasted no more that 10 seconds then he was signing. I watched him as we got nearer to our turn and if spoken to with an quick "hello" he DID reply. However he DID NOT look up when doing so. As for the actual signing, he was like a machine, bang, bang, bang, out they fired. But there was no contact, no warmth, no impression that you meant anything to him at all. Now I know that the way he was doing it meant that he could give as many autographs as possible, thereby satisfying as many fans as possible, but his seemed (at best) way too cold and clinical for my liking.

Now these are just my observations on the day. He may have been tired, unwell or even jet-lagged and just wanted to get it done becuase of it, I don't know.

Whilst I am glad that I have finally met him, it was a somewhat surreal experience.

:o