Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

I've yet to meet Croucher and at the same time i'm hoping for some updates to both this con and hopefully my overall collection of autographs for Croucher to join, but if he's going to be the first on my copy of "robots of death" so be it, infact because of changes whilst i thought Mike Stevens was going to be number 10 on my Lost in Time, he's going to be number 11, and whilst Adrian Rawlings and Michael Brandon could have been 4&5 on my Complete 4th Series, they'll be 5&6.

plus in a small power move for work assuming my boss wants me to, i gotta pick up some autographs for him as well, which will be fun, he does give me the money but given the amount of waiting and this eating into my social time, i may charge him on this one, he's just gotta come through and get the set i recommended.

• Like 1

Escaped the cancellations tonight, I'm guessing that we are not looking at any additiinal guests now. I know that people have been announced at last minute, and even on the day.  But I dont think we're due any more guests for June in my opinion. Prove me wrong 

Edited by Mfahey79

18 hours ago, D-C-A said:

plus in a small power move for work assuming my boss wants me to, i gotta pick up some autographs for him as well, which will be fun, he does give me the money but given the amount of waiting and this eating into my social time, i may charge him on this one, he's just gotta come through and get the set i recommended.

Hopefully, if it does happen, then it's worth your time and effort. 

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Escaped the cancellations tonight, I'm guessing that we are not looking at any additiinal guests now. I know that people have been announced at last minute, and even on the day.  Ut I dont think we're due any more guests for June in my opinion. Prove me wrong 

I’ve got hope we get at least 2 more announced for us, but I’m doubtful 

27 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I’ve got hope we get at least 2 more announced for us, but I’m doubtful 

Same, hopefully they pull something out of the bag, I'm not going to get my hope's up, but I wouldn't  say no for something unexpected 

Edited by Mfahey79

On 6/7/2023 at 11:14 PM, Mfahey79 said:

And I know, this page  is for the Doctor Who guests, but my friday has gotten a little busier with more Ewoks announced. Unfortunately none made an appearance on Doctor Who   

Yeah even without having to check the names i should have known that Doctor who only ever hired one little person really which was Jimmy Vee, as i said the name Glynn Jones raised a few flags but different person as the Glynn Jones who wrote "The Space Museum" and was in "The Sontaron Experiment" died years ago and was a relatively normal actor.

also the trip is now paid off for me, i have a hotel booked, Tickets booked, Diamond Pass for Matt smith booked, a photo with Brian Croucher booked, the only thing left is if i need to go for a Diamond pass with Ernie Hudson, i'm going to use the Friday to see how busy he is, and if i have to buy one on the Saturday so be it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah even without having to check the names i should have known that Doctor who only ever hired one little person really which was Jimmy Vee, as i said the name Glynn Jones raised a few flags but different person as the Glynn Jones who wrote "The Space Museum" and was in "The Sontaron Experiment" died years ago and was a relatively normal actor.

also the trip is now paid off for me, i have a hotel booked, Tickets booked, Diamond Pass for Matt smith booked, a photo with Brian Croucher booked, the only thing left is if i need to go for a Diamond pass with Ernie Hudson, i'm going to use the Friday to see how busy he is, and if i have to buy one on the Saturday so be it.

That's good. Same as me parking sorted, hotel booked. 

Like you, I'm going to gauge how busy Ernie is on the Friday, to look at getting him over weekend. He's on the maybe list, so it wont be a diamond pass though.

This will be the first time since they were introduced that I havnt got one, in fact this is the first show that I havent booked any photoshoots. Baring any last minute announcements

15 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Well, here we go again. Massive guest being announced tonight. Dare we hope that they're a Who guest

As a Doctor who fan i am hoping, financially i'm dreading if they got Tom baker i'd be dropping a lot of money there, because i'd be after two autos and a photo at least, but on a good note one of my coworkers said i can borrow his fez for my photo with Matt Smith, so i may grab him something as a thank you.

in terms of big that narrows down the Doctor who Possibilities to New Who actors who are either Doctors or Companions, given circumstances we can rule out Noel Clarke, and by that same token John Barrowman (Even if the two things are by all means different and Barrowman can be redeemed as far as i'm concerned given the nature of his crime), Bradley Walsh doesn't do the convention circuit, John Bishop is likely the same, Karen Gillen is likely busy with MCU work, so whomever's left from that pool i guess is amongst the possibilities.

i do hope this isn't the last announcement but its more than likely they're trying to replace Tony Todd, so they'd likely want someone who can match him, although within realism, what happened with that announcement was a nightmare through and through.

if we do get anymore announcements beyond today, currently the two who have moved to the top of my list are Frazer Hines and Nicola Bryant for the sole reason of i have a few things i want signed each, "Light at the end" would need the two of them twice over, and then i'd need Hines on Lost in Time, with Bryant on "Revelation of the Daleks" and maybe i'd slap them both on "The Two Doctors" to join my Oldest signature from Colin Baker.

although given recent Doctor who news maybe Bonnie Langford could be the guest, she's been announced to return and it would be a good one for Doctor who fans, although i have only a handful of DVDs left for her to sign, and from the Audios i have with her, very few peak my interest enough atm.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

As a Doctor who fan i am hoping, financially i'm dreading if they got Tom baker i'd be dropping a lot of money there, because i'd be after two autos and a photo at least, but on a good note one of my coworkers said i can borrow his fez for my photo with Matt Smith, so i may grab him something as a thank you.

in terms of big that narrows down the Doctor who Possibilities to New Who actors who are either Doctors or Companions, given circumstances we can rule out Noel Clarke, and by that same token John Barrowman (Even if the two things are by all means different and Barrowman can be redeemed as far as i'm concerned given the nature of his crime), Bradley Walsh doesn't do the convention circuit, John Bishop is likely the same, Karen Gillen is likely busy with MCU work, so whomever's left from that pool i guess is amongst the possibilities.

i do hope this isn't the last announcement but its more than likely they're trying to replace Tony Todd, so they'd likely want someone who can match him, although within realism, what happened with that announcement was a nightmare through and through.

if we do get anymore announcements beyond today, currently the two who have moved to the top of my list are Frazer Hines and Nicola Bryant for the sole reason of i have a few things i want signed each, "Light at the end" would need the two of them twice over, and then i'd need Hines on Lost in Time, with Bryant on "Revelation of the Daleks" and maybe i'd slap them both on "The Two Doctors" to join my Oldest signature from Colin Baker.

although given recent Doctor who news maybe Bonnie Langford could be the guest, she's been announced to return and it would be a good one for Doctor who fans, although i have only a handful of DVDs left for her to sign, and from the Audios i have with her, very few peak my interest enough atm.

I could do with Tom Baker as well, would be nice if it was him.

Bonus on the Fez, what a great friend.

Exactly right in regards to Barrowman and Clarke. Barrowman was disciplined by the bosses at the time, and, irregadless of his co-workers current stances. They approved of and were happy to joke about it in interviews and conventions. 

Karen Gillan would be a definite diamond pass, however unlikely it would be her. Is want her on several things, but would just have to restrain myself.

Yeah the Tony Todd situation, was bizarre, they clearly had an agreement to announce him. But for whatever reason it all went a bit nuts from the get go.

As much as I'd like it to be Neil Patrick Harris, I reckon as his episode hasnt been shown yet, it would rule him out

7 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I could do with Tom Baker as well, would be nice if it was him.

Bonus on the Fez, what a great friend.

Exactly right in regards to Barrowman and Clarke. Barrowman was disciplined by the bosses at the time, and, irregadless of his co-workers current stances. They approved of and were happy to joke about it in interviews and conventions. 

Karen Gillan would be a definite diamond pass, however unlikely it would be her. Is want her on several things, but would just have to restrain myself.

Yeah the Tony Todd situation, was bizarre, they clearly had an agreement to announce him. But for whatever reason it all went a bit nuts from the get go.

As much as I'd like it to be Neil Patrick Harris, I reckon as his episode hasnt been shown yet, it would rule him out

as it turned out a Star Wars guest with no overlap, how unfortunate, so i treated my sadness with an Ebay purchase, a signed copy of "the War Machines" which happens to have the late Jackie Lane on there, annoyingly with certain dvds i have to make sure to find ones with the correct side signed, hence why the SOLE DVD on Ebay signed by another bobba fett in this case Jeremy Bulloch is on the side with the newer BBC logo, how annoying, i think it has William Russell on there as well, typical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

as it turned out a Star Wars guest with no overlap, how unfortunate, so i treated my sadness with an Ebay purchase, a signed copy of "the War Machines" which happens to have the late Jackie Lane on there, annoyingly with certain dvds i have to make sure to find ones with the correct side signed, hence why the SOLE DVD on Ebay signed by another bobba fett in this case Jeremy Bulloch is on the side with the newer BBC logo, how annoying, i think it has William Russell on there as well, typical.

An actor, who alas, I have for Star Wars and Robin of Sherwood, but not Doctor Who.  

Congratulations on your Jackie Lane, as she was very reclusive.

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

An actor, who alas, I have for Star Wars and Robin of Sherwood, but not Doctor Who.  

Congratulations on your Jackie Lane, as she was very reclusive.

Thank you sire, Alas it was a great find there were 4 items that had her John Hancock on and that was the only correctly sided dvd, the other dvd was “the Ark” incorrect side and then two CD covers only of the same story, given I hate that story and don’t own the CD it was ruled out fullstop, the cover also has Anneke wills and Margot Hayhoe, who is only a production assistant but in a Whotalk commentary confirmed she was the the operator of Wotan so a decent number of cast

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Thank you sire, Alas it was a great find there were 4 items that had her John Hancock on and that was the only correctly sided dvd, the other dvd was “the Ark” incorrect side and then two CD covers only of the same story, given I hate that story and don’t own the CD it was ruled out fullstop, the cover also has Anneke wills and Margot Hayhoe, who is only a production assistant but in a Whotalk commentary confirmed she was the the operator of Wotan so a decent number of cast

Makes the find even better then, to be fair

46 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Makes the find even better then, to be fair

yeah does help, in a way would have preferred they not be on there with Lane so i could meet them myself as both are guests i've yet to meet but i guess beggars can't be choosers, as the old rule goes with this line of work, the older the story the less you have to chose from, i mean i've a few covers with William Russells signature on my ebay watchlist given hes a rule out nowadays, they've still a healthy cast left mind you, but the number is gonna dwindle fast, besides as much as i like to deny said fact, he's only got so much time left, i'd like for him to break 100, but only a few actors have made such a feat.

I love these conventions because they allow me the chance to get the signatures and obscure my covers more and more, i've no idea how long its gonna be before i start having using the booklets, but getting there with some releases, hell Michael Jenn may end up being the first on the inside of the Series 7 cover, that said i do think i want to add the Rain Gods writer, Mark Buckingham to my list as well, he'd definitely go on the inside given his small strainious contribution, Wish that boxset had a booklet or at least Artwork for inside the cover, not just a white background, as it happens Series 4 has started a template i want to introduce where the regulars i want to try and get on the front of the set itself, whilst guest actors (From now) i want to get on the interior cases, but specifically look at what episode they're in find the disc and place them on the corresponding section for example, Sasha Behar who was in "The Fires of Pompeii" would be on Disc 2, so she's on the back of the case where that Disc is kept, so Adrian Rawlings would go with Behar behind Disc 2, and Michael Brandon would go behind Disc 5, does that make sense, i'd hope so, at the same time i'm hoping to Add Christopher Benjamin to the set as well, so he'd be behind Disc 3 as he's not Jago in this set and thus not a regular.

23 hours ago, D-C-A said:

yeah does help, in a way would have preferred they not be on there with Lane so i could meet them myself as both are guests i've yet to meet but i guess beggars can't be choosers, as the old rule goes with this line of work, the older the story the less you have to chose from, i mean i've a few covers with William Russells signature on my ebay watchlist given hes a rule out nowadays, they've still a healthy cast left mind you, but the number is gonna dwindle fast, besides as much as i like to deny said fact, he's only got so much time left, i'd like for him to break 100, but only a few actors have made such a feat.

I love these conventions because they allow me the chance to get the signatures and obscure my covers more and more, i've no idea how long its gonna be before i start having using the booklets, but getting there with some releases, hell Michael Jenn may end up being the first on the inside of the Series 7 cover, that said i do think i want to add the Rain Gods writer, Mark Buckingham to my list as well, he'd definitely go on the inside given his small strainious contribution, Wish that boxset had a booklet or at least Artwork for inside the cover, not just a white background, as it happens Series 4 has started a template i want to introduce where the regulars i want to try and get on the front of the set itself, whilst guest actors (From now) i want to get on the interior cases, but specifically look at what episode they're in find the disc and place them on the corresponding section for example, Sasha Behar who was in "The Fires of Pompeii" would be on Disc 2, so she's on the back of the case where that Disc is kept, so Adrian Rawlings would go with Behar behind Disc 2, and Michael Brandon would go behind Disc 5, does that make sense, i'd hope so, at the same time i'm hoping to Add Christopher Benjamin to the set as well, so he'd be behind Disc 3 as he's not Jago in this set and thus not a regular.

Without wanting to sound depressing, its one of the reasons I want one last chance to see Tom Baker, as I think outside private signings, his appearances are going to be practically zero. It wouId be nice for one last chance to say thank you, even if I couldnt get his autograph. 

Hopefully William makes the 100 club. I think, and I'm happy to be corrected, we only have Arnold Yarrow, still with us in this club. Earl Cameron unfortunately passed a couple of years ago. And such is the way of films and tv series shot in England, wore the same costume as bossk the bounty hunter in Star Wars, 20 years later. The next closest i think is Ysanne Churchman, Alpha Centauri's voice.

Doing these conventions, has made me appreciate, that if an actor is there this time, if you can get them, and have the budget, get whilst you have the chance.  I passed on the chance of getting Carrie Fisher, and got John Hurt, as his queue was shorter and it was in middle of a heat wave. 

For this show I'm just looking at getting people added to my 500 year diary as it stands

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Without wanting to sound depressing, its one of the reasons I want one last chance to see Tom Baker, as I think outside private signings, his appearances are going to be practically zero. It wouId be nice for one last chance to say thank you, even if I couldnt get his autograph. 

Hopefully William makes the 100 club. I think, and I'm happy to be corrected, we only have Arnold Yarrow, still with us in this club. Earl Cameron unfortunately passed a couple of years ago. And such is the way of films and tv series shot in England, wore the same costume as bossk the bounty hunter in Star Wars, 20 years later. The next closest i think is Ysanne Churchman, Alpha Centauri's voice.

Doing these conventions, has made me appreciate, that if an actor is there this time, if you can get them, and have the budget, get whilst you have the chance.  I passed on the chance of getting Carrie Fisher, and got John Hurt, as his queue was shorter and it was in middle of a heat wave. 

For this show I'm just looking at getting people added to my 500 year diary as it stands

yeah it is a shame, i've tried avoiding the idea of buying prints with signatures on it, but it gets to that point 2 months ago i met nick hobbs, and of course i wanted one of his as Aggador and i prefer "Monster of Peledon" over Curse, my own opinion, wouldn't mind discussing it (civilly of course) but i wanted to try and find a signed copy by Donald Gee, which of course hailed no Fruit for my cause, but its getting there, if i can get a Tom Baker i want it to read "To Dallas, Tom Baker IV" and i want 5 of his signatures, 3 on my copy of "Light at the End" and the two DVDS i've chosen would be "The Deadly Assassin" and "The Keeper of Traken", and i would happily pay it, as it happens heres the list of items i would prioritise because its nearly 2 in the morning at the time of writing (This part) and i'm bored.

William Russell is very much off the cards but heres how it would go, "The Keys of Marinus" is high on my list because it is genuinely one of my favourites and he's the lead for the majority of it Episodes 3-6 its hard to deny Ian takes Centre stage, the same with "The Reign of terror" another high priority story for how much i love it, then "The Daleks Invasion of Earth" for its a great story (Also The Dalek Collection from WHSmith for the same reason), and finally "The Chase" to join Maureen O'Brien and Peter Purves for that Unique Combination of 3 Regulars, this along with Lost in Time for reasons i've previous Established, thats DVD CDs wise i'd need him Twice on "Light at the End" and there i'm contempt.

Carole Ann-Ford, that is more tricky but "An Unearthly Child" to join my Sole William Russell Signature, then I'd probably say the same as previous for Russell because they're my favourites, but would of course switch out "The Chase" for either "The Sensorites" or "Planet of the Giants", CD Wise of course "Light at the end" but also "An Earthly Child" to join my Paul McGann there, but Ford isn't too tricky as she isn't anywhere near as old, but those are the first ones to go for.

Maureen O'Brien i've already met, but so far the top of the list for me with her is "The Rescue" to join my Christopher Barry, and "Galaxy 4" as really thats the next one i enjoy enough, that is subject to change depending if i can get any other previously signed by William Russell, with "Light at the End" needing 1 from her.

Peter Purves i really want of all things is "The Daleks Masterplan" CD, i love the story and his Narration is beautiful DVD wise i'd say "The Gunfighters" because that has Matthew Jacobson, and from the bad bunch that is the majority of Season 3 i would prefer to bunch up my Signatures and get Combos.

Jean Marsh is really limited in terms of DVDs with Lost in time being the main one, but that only leaves "Battlefield" left, so of course CD Wise its gonna be "the Daleks Masterplan" and "Light at the End" to which she is a single signing.

Annekke Wills is again for Lost in Time, but i'd also have her on "The Moonbase" as the obvious choice and then of course a single signature on "Light at the End".

Frazer Hines is a more tricky one with the two obvious ones (one of which I'd need 2 signatures) out of the way but here is what i'd go for "The Moonbase", "The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear", as they're all in my opinion Great stories, and of course "the Five Doctors"

John Levene, i recently got a bunch with him on there so where do i go from there, "the Moonbase" is the first i'd go for, then i'd chose "the Ambassadors of death" as he's practically the only Regular left from that Underrated tale, and from there i'd hope i can get a Season 8 or 9 DVD with Richard Franklin's signature on it so i can try and get another Combination going.

Wendy Padbury, would 100% go on "The Invasion", but i'd also have her on "Lost in time" and "the Mind robber" and of course the Obvious, "The Five Doctors" is also a good choice because that has a large and good pool of cast to combo.

Katy Manning, is like John levene in which i got a load with her recently, but "the Sarah Jane Adventures" and whatever Story i can get a Combination going with her, Levene and Richard Franklin.

Speaking of Richard Franklin, if I could manage to meet him, "The Daemons" would be high priority of course, as would "The Time Monster", along with "the Five Doctors".

Tom Baker I've already said.

Louise Jameson, "Robots of Death" and "The Invasion of Time" are currently the two focus DVDs, along with two Signatures on "Light at the End", she is a guest i want to meet most greatly because of my beloved history with "Robots of Death" as that is probably top 10 Stories.

John Leeson is a very interesting one, as i'd have to say "The Androids of Tara", "The Power of Kroll", "The Sarah Jane Adventures" and then the WHSmith Dalek Collection for his Appearance in "Remembrance of the Daleks", plus maybe get one on "The Five Doctors" to continue that particular combination.

Lala Ward has a good varity but "City of Death", "Shada" and "Full Circle" would be my top contenders, it would be a foolish but not unreasonable idea to get her on "The Five Doctors" maybe is all i'm saying there.

Matthew Waterhouse, its around here that the ideas get Simple because no Companion from the 80's is dead, thankfully, but "Full Circle" for that Combination, "The Keeper of Traken", "Logopolis" and "Earthshock", its simple as that.

Sarah Sutton Was another recent meet, but "Logopolis" is definitely the contender there for how i regret not getting it, that along with "Time Flight" and "Mawdryn Undead", she's already on "Light at the End".

Janet Fielding would be on "Logopolis", "EarthShock", "Time Flight", "Mawdryn Undead" and "Light at the End", really simple, except for the fact i'd also want "Resurrection of the Daleks" and the corresponding WHSmith Dalek Collection

Peter Davison would need to be on a good number of things to get the needed Combos i want, "Light at the end" needs another two, "Earthshock" would be the next Contender, "Timeflight", "Mawdryn Undead", "Planet of Fire" and then "Caves of Androzani", along with the at current Requisite "Resurrection of the Daleks" and boxset.

Mark Strikson from what i've seen is an extremely difficult one to find annoyingly, but he's relatively simple overall, "Mawdyn Undead", "Resurrection of the Daleks" (And boxset), and then "Planet of fire", this topped off with "Light at the End".

Nicola Bryant, you could put any story she's been in here to try and get the combinations going as hell i have everything that i could get her on signed by someone else but of the top of my head Two on "Light at the End" and then "Caves of Androzani", "The Two Doctors" and "revelation of the Daleks", those are all i can think of really.

Colin Baker is easy as i need two on "Light at the End" and then i'll look at whats left from there which is just "Arc of Infinity", "Caves of Androzani", "The Twin Dilemma", "Vengeance on Varos" Special Edition, and 3/4 of "The Trail of a Timelord", so really its just a choice of what i want from there and beyond "The Twin Dilemma" i cant even chose.

Bonnie langford, in terms of screaming mad mel, i only have two DVDs left for her to sign, which are "Time and the Rani" along with "Paradise Towers", i need to look at the Big Finish CDs i have see from there.

Sylvester McCoy, straight off the bat we have who knew "Light at the End", then i'd want "Delta and the Bannerman" to add him to that messy cover, then the Dalek Collection, as it happens half of that is what i'm getting signed at this con, i'll get the two on my "Light at the end" if Ernie Hudson Cancels (Which i strangely think is a certainty)

Sophie Aldred is another one with a lot, firstly "Dragonfire" is one i most certainly want to get the trio combination, and then "the Dalek Collection" for obvious reasons, topped off with "Light at The end".

I'll group Daphnee Ashbrook and Yee Jee Tso as they're both gonna be on "The Movie" Special Edition.

i'll do new series another time i've been writing this for well over an hour.

Good list,and great selections and combinations.  That's a lot of Light at the End, but I like your reasoning behind it.

I'm fortunate to have most of the companions in my 500 year diary, and all bar Anneke Wills and Jean Marsh on my Light at the End.  I'm not giving up hope of completing it, but I know how slim my chances are.

Same for my Power of the Doctor steelbook. I think most are achievable other than William Russell. 

Mark Striksen resides in Australia, unless I'm very much mistaken, and after last few years, makes it even more problematic in getting hold of him. Took me 3 or 4 attempts to get him on my Light at the End, as I kept forgetting to bring it when I managed to attend a show he was at. 

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Good list,and great selections and combinations.  That's a lot of Light at the End, but I like your reasoning behind it.

I'm fortunate to have most of the companions in my 500 year diary, and all bar Anneke Wills and Jean Marsh on my Light at the End.  I'm not giving up hope of completing it, but I know how slim my chances are.

Same for my Power of the Doctor steelbook. I think most are achievable other than William Russell. 

Mark Striksen resides in Australia, unless I'm very much mistaken, and after last few years, makes it even more problematic in getting hold of him. Took me 3 or 4 attempts to get him on my Light at the End, as I kept forgetting to bring it when I managed to attend a show he was at. 

It is of course exceptionally difficult to get some of the ones i want, especially for the two main projects IE "Light at the end" and Lost in time, Especially as a few of them don't really do conventions, and whilst i'm expanding my horizons in cons i'm attending it is of course tricky to be able to always afford things, which is why with the few Doctor who fans i have down at my work place i want to start charging for every convention they want me to get them autographs, even if it was a fiver or tenner here and there it would be great.

whats a shame is theres a good number i want from Big Finish Audio like India Fisher who LFCC would never get, and thats a shame because she's one thats a two for "Light at the End", also on that subject with Geffory Beavers he gave one of the most beautiful Signatures on the page with the Masters profile, it was honestly wonderful, plus it was great having a more established actor on "Ambassadors of death" as prior i only had Les Conrad and Nick Hobbs, whilst the former has a large amount of credits he was never more than an extra, and Hobbs whilst known as Aggador, only had a few roles here and there and wouldn't be well known, which is why i'm now kicking myself about not getting Levine on the set as well, Margot Hayhoe would be great for that set, she gets an onscreen reference in that story, so i would maybe get that signed as well.

i saw an announcement that the YALC is returning this time in the winter, my guess is they've booked too many guests this con and need to spread it out, maybe winter will make use of more space, i hope they get some Doctor who Writers at least.

it safe and sad to say its likely we've seen the final guest announcements for this convention, but i will update this blog permanently instead of creating new ones because thats boring.

as it happens i'm hoping that for winter they will get a load of Doctor who guests, or in the year i can get extremely lucky in terms of getting more of who i want even if not Companion or Doctor wise, again top names that come to mind are Milton Johns and Derek Martin as they're a good duo from "The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear" and can both go on Lost in time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D-C-A said:

i saw an announcement that the YALC is returning this time in the winter, my guess is they've booked too many guests this con and need to spread it out, maybe winter will make use of more space, i hope they get some Doctor who Writers at least.

it safe and sad to say its likely we've seen the final guest announcements for this convention, but i will update this blog permanently instead of creating new ones because thats boring.

I saw the announcement for Yalc, but didnt clock that it was for the winter show, which thinking about it makes sense with it being left so late to announce it.  I guess with limited space it was artist alley or Yalc and they've split them this year.

In regards to keeping it on one forum, it makes sense to keep it in one place, it would get archived after this show, but I get notifications on posts.

17 hours ago, D-C-A said:

as it happens i'm hoping that for winter they will get a load of Doctor who guests, or in the year i can get extremely lucky in terms of getting more of who i want even if not Companion or Doctor wise, again top names that come to mind are Milton Johns and Derek Martin as they're a good duo from "The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear" and can both go on Lost in time.

That's my thinking, unless they get a guest that they absolutely cant turn down, then I think we're done for announcements, and as we've both suspected the winter show will be the main place for Doctor Who guests. 

At one point last year I was looking at doing a Twin Dilemma poster as they had most the Conrad family, and Colin Baker. Settled for the Conrad's in my 500 year diary, still should have gotten Shirley Conrad to complete the family set.

But as she didnt appear decided against it. If I recall you did, and she didnt have any recollection of Doctor Who

Edited by Mfahey79

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

At one point last year I was looking at doing a Twin Dilemma poster as they had most the Conrad family, and Colin Baker. Settled for the Conrad's in my 500 year diary, still should have gotten Shirley Conrad to complete the family set.

But as she didnt appear decided against it. If I recall you did, and she didnt have any recollection of Doctor Who

She did have a vague recollection of it, but didn’t remember much more than having been cast in the part, makes me wonder how showmasters knew to list she’d been in it, unless they copied and pasted the same basic intro from Les Conrad and just got lucky, I remember having to really dig to find that Information at the time, even now I still have to dig for some guests, such as Simon Bisley, but it’s rare that I have to as much as that.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 3:21 AM, D-C-A said:

Annekke Wills is again for Lost in Time, but i'd also have her on "The Moonbase" as the obvious choice and then of course a single signature on "Light at the End".

Anneke sells signed DVDs and other things on her official website.