Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I've Michael Brandon previously so dont need him this time. Great guest mind. But nothing for me this time

That’s fair I’ve not encountered a guest who I haven’t anything left to sign yet, but that is coming up real quick, especially given the increase of events I’ve been attending.

I think so far I’m doing well with everything as I’m at 18 for LFCC which is me being satisfied there will likely be more but I don’t think I’d be upset, I may even be able to get an extra signature or two as a result.

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

That’s fair I’ve not encountered a guest who I haven’t anything left to sign yet, but that is coming up real quick, especially given the increase of events I’ve been attending.

I think so far I’m doing well with everything as I’m at 18 for LFCC which is me being satisfied there will likely be more but I don’t think I’d be upset, I may even be able to get an extra signature or two as a result.

Which isnt a bad figure, as long as they are spread amongst the days you are there.

I'm at 12 definates, 6 of which are Friday only guests, and 3 are Sunday. Even if I add in my 4 maybes, that's still only one more on the Sunday.

Makes for a nice relaxing Saturday and Sunday mind.

Edited by Mfahey79

Still, it could have been worse, had i not been working for the spring show and gone to that one. I would only have had 3 people I wanted to meet over the 2 days. 

I will meet Brian Blessed one of these days. I have had the pleasure of speaking to him but would love to meet him in person

11 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Which isnt a bad figure, as long as they are spread amongst the days you are there.

I'm at 12 definates, 6 of which are Friday only guests, and 3 are Sunday. Even if I add in my 4 maybes, that's still only one more on the Sunday.

Makes for a nice relaxing Saturday and Sunday mind.

So far none of my guests are exclusive to the Friday, they're either Saturday, Sunday or appearing everyday, i still plan to do all three days as really i enjoy my time at these conventions, i'm excited for my list so far, the amount of smaller guests is great and i can get a few for the newer series, hell i've even 5 for Big Finish, which is amazing and probably a record as i believe the previous number was 3.

• Like 1

So there was an update today and amongst the latest wave of Comic Artists, we have been given the announcement of Claudia Christian, who has a sole apperance in Big Finish namingly entry number 86 "The Gathering" as Janine Foster the mother of Peri Brown (Ironically Nicola Bryant is actually 5 years older) its her sole credit and shes appearing on the Saturday only, no price listed but i'd recommend £10 to be on standby.

Claudia-Christian-Base-Image.jpg

Ironically Claudia adds the 25th Item to my list of things to get signed, i'm still very hopeful for more guest announcements.

• Like 1

Suprisied she's been announced as a comic zone guest and not a part of the main area. But I guess as shes got a comic to promote, that was all she was wanting to do.

I'm still hovering around the 12 guest mark. Not Doctor Who I know, but I did think of expanding my Ewok project to a general Return of the Jedi project. But decided that was just adding people for sake of it

Edited by Mfahey79

19 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Suprisied she's been announced as a comic zone guest and not a part of the main area. But I guess as shes got a comic to promote, that was all she was wanting to do.

It’s the same with Jessica Martin she obviously does a lot of Doctor who, but is here as a Comic Artist, which if I recall she hasn’t really done that much Comic work

• Like 1

This is a big one, which is amazing given its taken this long to give us such a guest for Doctor who fans in this year, and we were given Matt Smith, the eleventh Doctor, for him you'll need copies of Series 5, 6 or 7, the individual volumes of such series, "The Day of the Doctor", the 50th anniversary Box-set, or "the time of the Doctor", at least those are the obvious ones, "The End of Time" either standalone or apart of the Complete Specials or Series 8 to which he appears are also available, he is £110 for an autograph and is on the Saturday only.

but i would recommend that you go for a diamond pass which is £235 as he is extremely popular as you can imagine

MattSmithHOTDWeb.png

for me i'm going to get "The Day of the Doctor" from the 50th boxset signed what about you guys.

• Like 1

I haven't got anything I need Matt to sign, so I may pass on him this time. I'll wait and see if another big DP Who guest for whom I do have something that needs signing is announced.

I do have a gorgeous A3 print of the 11th Doctor that I'd like Matt to sign, but it does really need a dedication & a quote. The thing is I don't want to rock up at his table & he's not doing either.

• Like 1

Part of me was expecting Neil Patrick Harris and not Matt Smith as just before the announcement they shared a video of him promoting a pop up virtual experience at the show. Ah well, probably reading to much into it.

I'd want Matt on my steelbooks, but not going to go a diamond pass. Will chance my arm on a low virtual ticket, and plump for season 5 this time round if successful

• Like 1

Personally i'm gonna go for diamond pass again i wanna meet him again and hopefully do it properly this time as last time i got there later in the day, so didn't get a moment, and of course i have a more petty reason as someone whom my terms with are not great can't afford to secure a signing, whilst i can so i do plan to rub that fact in their face a little, petty yes, but damn has this raised the price of this trip tenfold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Personally i'm gonna go for diamond pass again i wanna meet him again and hopefully do it properly this time as last time i got there later in the day, so didn't get a moment, and of course i have a more petty reason as someone whom my terms with are not great can't afford to secure a signing, whilst i can so i do plan to rub that fact in their face a little, petty yes, but damn has this raised the price of this trip tenfold.

I can get behind that justification 100%, you were going to get him anyway, but gives it that little bit of extra edge to meeting him. 

I've a lot to thank my ex-colleague for, as without her egging me on,  I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to book a photoshoot at these shows. Damn her lol. I mean that in a good way. I guess I'm lucky in that way

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I can get behind that justification 100%, you were going to get him anyway, but gives it that little bit of extra edge to meeting him. 

I've a lot to thank my ex-colleague for, as without her egging me on,  I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to book a photoshoot at these shows. Damn her lol. I mean that in a good way. I guess I'm lucky in that way

I'm glad that i'm not being demonised, which really i'd understand if was for that, i try to maintain my professionalism even within my personal life, I have a Doctor who Channel (Not promoting just for context purposes) which is a work in progress but i wanna make something of it, so really whilst i've had my laugh at someone who has been rude and arrogant towards me not being financially smart enough to save the money to meet someone, i hate that aspect of myself, but really i cannot wait to meet Matt Again i loved the last time as that weekend was one of the best cons i've been to, 5 doctors in a single weekend was amazing.

I don't imagine they'll get another modern series Doctor for this event i would like Capaldi myself but he seems to be working a lot as it happens, again Tom Baker would be nice but again he would be a bigger request than not, i think the common theme here is that the majority of Doctor who guests will be saved for Winter, and Matt Smith is here for House of Dragon purposes with Doctor who just being a lucky strike in terms of how things are playing out, looking at the Doctor who Guests announced there are very few that i would conceivably say are there for Doctor who reasons, my guess is Showmasters does have a quoter to fill with needing some from certain fan-bases IE Doctor who and Star wars, but obviously they focus on the big thing atm, which is House of Dragon, so the majority of Doctor who guests we're likely to see will be from there, and anyone who was in Return of the Jedi as well, which won't hail any big names from the latter, but maybe some smaller ones, which i understand aren't everyones cup of tea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

I'm glad that i'm not being demonised, which really i'd understand if was for that, i try to maintain my professionalism even within my personal life, I have a Doctor who Channel (Not promoting just for context purposes) which is a work in progress but i wanna make something of it, so really whilst i've had my laugh at someone who has been rude and arrogant towards me not being financially smart enough to save the money to meet someone, i hate that aspect of myself, but really i cannot wait to meet Matt Again i loved the last time as that weekend was one of the best cons i've been to, 5 doctors in a single weekend was amazing.

I don't imagine they'll get another modern series Doctor for this event i would like Capaldi myself but he seems to be working a lot as it happens, again Tom Baker would be nice but again he would be a bigger request than not, i think the common theme here is that the majority of Doctor who guests will be saved for Winter, and Matt Smith is here for House of Dragon purposes with Doctor who just being a lucky strike in terms of how things are playing out, looking at the Doctor who Guests announced there are very few that i would conceivably say are there for Doctor who reasons, my guess is Showmasters does have a quoter to fill with needing some from certain fan-bases IE Doctor who and Star wars, but obviously they focus on the big thing atm, which is House of Dragon, so the majority of Doctor who guests we're likely to see will be from there, and anyone who was in Return of the Jedi as well, which won't hail any big names from the latter, but maybe some smaller ones, which i understand aren't everyones cup of tea.

No judgement at all, I'm guessing I'm lucky in that my colleague/s are happy to switch shifts with me if needed.

I'm fortunate in that i am able to take whatever time i want off, 0 hour contracts work wonders, especially as my manager knows that i'm always up to cover shifts, as has already started this week, really i'm just trying to clock in as many hours as i can between now and the end of june for the biggest pay i can get my hands on, LFCCs are some of my most expensive trips, and this will only get worse knowing how good guests LFCC has a track record of nabbing, if anything i wouldn't mind someone who was in "The Invasion" which would so far only land me Wendy Padbury and Sally Faulkner really, but they are names i am most desperate for on said set, then i'd have the 3 regulars (I am including John levene as i am a fan who respects his status, unlike the BBC until it suits them) that are still alive, and the one who was basically a regular in that story, there is likely a large amount of people surviving from that story, but those two are the ones off the top of my head.

failing that and looking at my list and there is an extremely healthy ammont of things that would benefit well from a Nicola Bryant signature mainly and basically anything i own from Season 22 DVD wise that is all signed by Colin, hell i've 6 DVDs left to be signed by him and then i'd have to start going through Big Finish, funny how many times i've met him (In-fact writing this i began panicking that i'd gotten William Gaunt on a set he's not in, strange how my brain works), on that note checking the lists and seeing what is to come VIA other events, Prentis Hancock is also one i am most desperately after, specifically for three items the first "Planet of the Daleks", the second and third "Spearhead from Space" the original DVD and then the Steelbook as i would like someone on that thing and he's the only person i can think is still around from said Release.

• Like 1

For the sake of Thoroughness the Glynn Jones that has been announced some time back as apart of the Star Wars celebrations for this LFCC is NOT the same Glynn Jones you'd fine associated with Doctor who, that Glynn Jones passed away in 2014, and i'm certain was not a below average height wise person, especially given his appearance in "The Sontaron Experiment" was around 5'8 and looks strangely like Early 90's Johnathon frakes.

most people on this forum may know that but incase anyone recognised the name, sad to say it is not the same man.

17 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Is this against forum rules, who knows anymore. But if your in Leicester Mid June, then you'll be able to complete a large portion of The Power of the Doctor actors

From what I can tell I have no idea if it is against the rules, I would assume if it was promoting another event over Show-masters that would break TOS, which I don’t think anyone has done on this or other forums, but I’d say best avoid it until we get clarification.

Okay so I’ve just checked this site and apparently it’s not allowed, although said rules haven’t been updated in 20 years so maybe times have changed since I’m unsure.