Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

@D-C-A

Think I spent that amount in 2018 where I accomplished meeting all the surviving male Doctor Who actors at the time, with about 2/3 of that amount on Diamond Passes.

My current plans are photoshoots with Sylvester McCoy and Ernie Hudson in costume (met him at Collectormania in 2017), and to say Hi to Andrew Cartmel.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sebster118 said:

Hopefully we’ll have Jodie Whittaker and/or Jo Martin.

I missed out on previous opportunities as I personally didn’t feel comfortable attending the events on those occasions in view of the pandemic.

But now at a comfort level and got no other commitments at the same time that I will be attending all 3 days.

It took a while for me to get to that point as well. I'm glad you at that level again

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D-C-A said:

i was unaware that Jean had suffered a stroke, i do hope she's okay now, i'm at the point where if i fail to get anyone on that cover of Lost in time, the space is gonna be blank as a mark of respect in my own way, i'm not going to replace them with another name, just seems wrong, the cover is for the regulars, which for her role as Sara Kingdom, Marsh in my opinion earns that spot, and i'm getting Levine next month i know he's not benton in any of those episodes but as far as i'm concerned its his journey and he does play a regular eventually.

the way i view it if i miss Russell i'll be sad yes, but not without understanding, the man has had a long life and his career has never really gone away, he did a TV show for 2 years in the 1960's and became immortalised as a result, thats what i love about this series, as for Anneke ive got her on a dvd already but i've not met her as i custom ordered "Power of the Daleks" Special Edition, i dont regret it as it is dedicated to me, but i still wanna meet her of course.

It was around 10 years ago, and hopefully she's recovered. She was one I recall, was just outside my budget at the time, and was on the fence about getting on my companions poster. Another on the list of regrets. None more so than Carrie Fisher, I had the budget for her or John Hurt, and it was the year of the heatwave at Earls Court, and his queue was shorter. Ah well.

I've the same dvd signed by Anneke

Edited by Mfahey79

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I was fortunate to meet both, Jodie was on the second attempt, the first time i didn't have the money to buy the diamond pass, the second time i was fortunate to be much more financially well off, TBH LFCC in November i must have spent well over £1500 in total costs, 1/3 of that was entry tickets and two guests, i cannot begin to imagine the pure chaos if they had David Tennant and Matt Smith on the same day, but i do wish they did Diamond Pass Options where you could chose to upgrade the tickets in a personal customisation, as when i got one for Jodie i got the basic photo, would have loved one with her in the outfit, Showmasters if you're reading theres an idea for you.

overall i'm a little worried undoubtedly they're sort of lacking on guests i'm after this time around, i've got 4 on the list and year theirs around 4 months to go, but the only new one being Ernie Hudson has been known to drop out, i know there will be more but hopefully you guys get my point, i would be a little disheartened if i spent all the money for a small selection of guests I've already met or the majority so, on that note if its a guest i've only met once or twice and was a regular no issues there, so Peter Davison would be lovely for me, cause with Colin and Sylvester in regular attendance i would be spending more money for an extra autograph for certain CDs to have all three signed, speaking of which question time.

for this con and whats been announced, doctor who guest wise what're you planning to get signed, i pose this question with each guest and i'll list mine for the previous 4.

Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy i'll list together, for Colin DVD wise i'm going for "the Twin Dilemma" as i have about 5 signatures on that one already (I'll answer what if anyones interested for this one and any other DVD/CD/Blu ray, or i'll post a link to the main video i have up somewhere) and its one of 6 DVDs i havent got signed by him, this may be boosted if i do something else but thats for a later choice, Sylvester i'm going for "Delta and the Bannermen" as by this point that DVD will have 8 Signatures, the second item i want signed by both is "Project: Lazarus" but if Peter Davison is announced (Outside chance) that will be changed to "Sirens of Time" for all 3 and if Paul McGann as well (Even more outside chance) "Zagreus".

Andrew Cartmel, i'm gonna go for "Delta and the Bannermen" as well for reasons i do hope are obvious, and then his one main range CD he wrote "Winter for the Adept" i'm not the biggest fan of that one but he wrote it so why not really.

Ernie Hudson is obvious that'll be "Torchwood: Miracle Day".

what about you guys.

Like Chris, I thought her appearance would be a one and done. Happy to be proved wrong on both.

Now Spring LFCC is over, i guess the focus will now switch fully to summer. 

At the moment I have no Dr Who guests on my list. But am eyeing the Ewok reunion with a bit of amusement, as during my bout of covid, one of the things that kept my brain focused, was working out how many people played Ewoks. Random, but true

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

@D-C-A

Think I spent that amount in 2018 where I accomplished meeting all the surviving Doctor Who actors at the time, with about 2/3 of that amount on Diamond Passes.

My current plans are photoshoots with Sylvester McCoy and Ernie Hudson in costume (met him at Collectormania in 2017), and to say Hi to Andrew Cartmel.

I had just re-started my job that year, and managed to scrape together 3 out of the 4 on diamond passes. I compromised on hotel and went to a hostel. Nice place, but lesson to be learnt is in July, find somewhere with air con

10 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I had just re-started my job that year, and managed to scrape together 3 out of the 4 on diamond passes. I compromised on hotel and went to a hostel. Nice place, but lesson to be learnt is in July, find somewhere with air con

And near a tube station or bus stop on a route that can get you to Olympia, or a nearby station that’s a short walk away.

• Like 1

I was honestly shocked that Jodie did a second con with LFCC that year I was happy this time around I was able to afford her on the second go, thanks to PayPal Pay in 3 that is, I was actually still paying off her David and Matt during the con and the next month as a result, I’m so glad I got diamond pass as I saw a lot of people standing around hopelessly trying to get the autograph but their VQ numbers being too high, there was a bit of complaining with people saying they were already there and should be allowed to queue, you know the usual.

if anything a non Doctor who guest I’m amazed returned was Joesph Quinn given the nightmare that was last year, wasn’t as bad this year but wasn’t great either.

I’ve always gotten the same hotel because it is cheapish (£200-£300 range) and is prime location along with a decent quality but July was a burning hot convention to the point it was consuming liquid like nobodies business that weekend.

as with Ernie I’m gonna have to get a diamond pass, he’s not an actor I would go for a photo with, as thats limited to Doctors, Companions, Regulars or actors I consider to have significance, so Terry Molloy was chosen as he was or is Davros, Julien Glover I chose because he’s an actor of fine class and did 8 episodes, Brian Blessed I had to diamond pass and of course he’s a National bloody treasure, I’m not blind to Ghostbusters popularity but I only go for Doctor who guests, and to get the autograph I’d have to also get the photo, so my small album will have randomly, Ernie Hudson, Stuart Owens, “The Middle Man” - Torchwood: Miracle Day, along with the day of the con, it’ll be one of the more baffling ones for me to say the least

• Like 1

today has brought us two updates for this list so lets get into it shall we.

firstly we have Daniel Weyman who whilst not on screen has a Big finish credit as he is Ragan Crezzen in "The Butcher of Brisbane" i've not heard the story but its his only Doctor who Credit, he is attending the saturday and is £25.

DanielWeymanWeb.png

next we have someone with no credits to his name, but has appeared in a vast array of stories, Mike Stevens, his array of roles are all the usual background variety, Soldier, UNIT Soldier, Guard ETC, his stories are "The Myth Makers", "The Ambassadors of death", "Terror of the Autons" (He is listed as a stuntman on this particular story), "The Mind of Evil", "The Curse of Peledon", "The Time Monster" (And this one) and "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", so a nice and wide variety of stories, for these you have options of either the Individual DVDs, or the Blu Ray sets of Seasons 8 and 9 if the stories fall into said sets, of course you may even consider having him on Lost In Time, of course even from memory i know he's not in any surviving footage from "The Myth Makers" as that focuses on The Doctor, Vicki and Steven, but each to their own of course, hes attending Sunday and is £15.

MikeStevensWeb.png

of course for Weyman, its obvious what i'm getting signed as i have no choice in variety, as for Stevens however i have a nice variety in choice, i think the mention of Lost In Time should give away that is one of my options, as i said no footage survives but i'll happily take it myself, then i'm going to chose "The Ambassadors of death" and "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" a story that is a favourite of mine and one which i think is a random choice out of what is available to me.

so now i turn the question to you, are you going after these guests? and if so what will you have signed.

Edited by D-C-A
forgot a photo for Mike Stevens
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, D-C-A said:

Andrew Cartmel, i'm gonna go for "Delta and the Bannermen" as well for reasons i do hope are obvious, and then his one main range CD he wrote "Winter for the Adept" i'm not the biggest fan of that one but he wrote it so why not really.

So i've had a change of heart, i'm going to add "Ghost Light" onto this for Cartmel as i do want to get someone i've met onto that DVD as i have three on it, none of which i've met (Although one is the now deceased Frank Windsor), and my plan for McCoy means i won't add him until Winter (Unless he appears at a Fantom i'm attending, then plans change), if they announce Sophie Aldred that'll go up to 4, as i'll add both to my copy of "Dragonfire" which already as McCoy and Bonnie Langford, which also makes me want them to announce Sean Blowers and Edward Peel, and i'll stop there before i have a domino effect of who i want them to announce.

• Like 1

the latest announcement for the purposes of this thread is a regular guest at these events one i feel goes under appreciated given he is a lovely man, Simon Furman, mainly known as a comic writer and artist, Furman appears in two instalments of "Striped for Action" the first focusing on the 7th Doctor which is included on "Delta and the Bannerman" so either DVD or Season 24 will suffice there, the second focusing on the sixth Doctor which is of course on "The Twin Dilemma", and of course if you want a more direct connection he was the writer for the Big Finish story "The Axis of Insanity" from Doctor Who's main range, hes attending all days and signs for free, of course be a decent gentleman and don't exploit such a nice man.

Simon-Furman-Base-Image.jpg

my options have become rather limited and as a result i only have my Season 24 Boxset left, so now i have to make a choice, do i risk getting it damaged in transport, or do i simply take the booklet?

• Like 1

So i've done some research into some names and Ian Richardson came up a few times, firstly the late Ian Richardson who was in "Damos Rising", and the second was a sound recording on Series 1 and had a few roles in a minor capacity in series 2 & 4, but unfortunately i cant verify if this is the same man as the comic artist, i've dug around as much as i can, but sadly no avail, no photo or any details on the sound recordist, not even a DOB which would point in me in the right direction, given this man was bafta nominated that does surprise me there is a photo of the attending with a guitar which does suggest a link, but given his comic work started in 2001 i doubt he'd pause that for a sound career from 1998 to 2011, i may be wrong of course but at the same time i can't verify anything without photos or any concrete details, if anyone does know something please let me know.

Update time in the form of Brian Croucher who was Borg (Not the star trek kind) in "The Robots of Death" and later went onto portray Cotton in the "Kaldor City" plays, so your choice is the original DVD, the Special Edition DVD available in "Revisitations 3" or even the Season 14 Blu Ray boxset, he is attending Sunday only and is £15.

BrianCroucherWeb.png

i plan to get him on my Original Copy of "Robots of Death" as thats my preference go for the older DVDS.

Edited by D-C-A
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Update time in the form of Brian Croucher who was Borg (Not the star trek kind) in "The Robots of Death" and later went onto portray Cotton in the "Kaldor City" plays, so your choice is the original DVD, the Special Edition DVD available in "Revisitations 3" or even the Season 14 Blu Ray boxset, he is attending Sunday only and is £15.

BrianCroucherWeb.png

i plan to get him on my Original Copy of "Robots of Death" as thats my preference go for the older DVDS.

Rather amusingly, the last film fair he did, he signed my print Croucher Brian. 

cv7iWT1.jpeg

Another one for the 500 year diary this time

• Haha 1

i love the flow of smaller guests esecially from much older stories, and of course one from "The Robots of Death" i couldn't be happier that is a story i wore out on VHS (And made the mistake of not replacing that for 10 years) so i'm really excited for this one, i'd say from classic who he and Mike Stevens are currently the ones i'm most excited for as they've got a lovely who line up of stories between them...

i realise with these trips i learn how truely financially irresponsible i am.

Edited by D-C-A
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update in the small and big variety.

first the small guest which is Sonia Leong who did artwork for the book "The Women who Lived", she is attending all days and whilst no price is listed i would say if youre after her signature, try and offer some money, work needs appreciating.

Sonia-Leong-Base-Image.jpg

and now for the big guest we have Paul Cornell, yes one of the most important names for Doctor who in my opinion, the creator the companion Bernice Summerfield, and if you're unaware Big Finish started with the character in a spin off which allowed them to get the doctor who license, from the writing angle for the TV Series range, he is the writer of "Fathers day" from Series 1, so either a complete first series or a Series 1 Volume 3, or "Human nature"/"Family of Blood" from Series 3 so for that you'd need Series 3 Volume 3 of a complete Series 3 boxset, maybe if you met Harry Lloyd last year you could get Paul's to compliment his (Again Showmasters book Gerald Horn i beg of you).

his credits are far from over, Cornell also wrote "Scream of the Shalka" the webcast animation which was for a time designed to launch the series again before it returned with Eccelston, for Big finish we have "The Shadow of the Scourge", "Seasons of Fear", "Circular time" and "100" from the main range, and "Love and War" from the novel adaptations, along with many if too numerous to name from The Bernice Summerfield range.

he does also appear as himself in numerous documentaries, including "Terrance Dicks: Fact & Fiction" ("Horror of Fang Rock"), "What Lies Beneath" ("Doctor who and the Silurians"), "Celebration" ("The Five Doctors": 25th Anniversary Edition"), "Striped for Action: The Seventh Doctor" ("Delta and the Bannermen"), "War zone: The End of an Era" ("The War Games") and "Blast from the past" ("The Day of the Daleks"), so any of those stories either on DVD or Blu Ray Boxsets, and in addition to all that hes in 4 episodes of "Doctor Who: Confidential" one of which is on The Complete Fifth Series.

so with this amazing range of credits it is a shame he's only attending on the Saturday, but from a previous meeting he signs for free, something i refuse to stand (Or knowing my left leg hobble) for, so if he says free, i'm going to pay the man.

Paul-Cornell-Base-Image.jpg

my choice in items for signing shall be "Delta and the Bannermen", "Scream of the Shalka", "The Complete Third Series" and "The Shadow of the Scourge", what about everyone else, i would love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

Very tenuous I know, but if you've just won the lottery, Chuck Norris is mentioned as a US President in  Laurence Miles' two-part Doctor Who novel 'Interference'!

Can't imagine he'll have signed too many autos for DW fans!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geoff K said:

Very tenuous I know, but if you've just won the lottery, Chuck Norris is mentioned as a US President in  Laurence Miles' two-part Doctor Who novel 'Interference'!

Can't imagine he'll have signed too many autos for DW fans!

This is the kind of like minded craziness i love, the books will probably set me back more than trying to meet Norris.

• Like 1

Given theirs meant to be an announcement tonight and apparently its a big name, i am very much holding out my hopes its a doctor who guest or that we get a decent number of them, (I've only got 9 on my list so far, but i've more than 9 things listed for signing), the big guest i'd love for it to be Tom Baker, i would be super happy with that, as for small guests i've made a remark here and there that i'd like Gerald Horan, but he's not too high up on said list, but someone like Carol ann-ford is for example.

i did get annoyed (In more of a fan sense) that Marina Sirtis was announced to attend this year but has been booked for a different show masters con, but i don't see why theirs no reason she can't be rebooked, she did the Big Finish "Year of Martha", but really whilst i don't have specifics beyond the regulars.

• Like 1

Like you, I'm hoping for a few Doctor Who guests, as at the moment it's looking quite sparse for this fandom.

Unless they are holding back for the winter one, as it is closer to the anniversary. Hopefully not though, I'm hoping the main one gets a few more Doctor Who guests. Or I will be forced to start an Ewok poster

On 4/13/2023 at 9:18 AM, D-C-A said:

Update in the small and big variety.

first the small guest which is Sonia Leong who did artwork for the book "The Women who Lived", she is attending all days and whilst no price is listed i would say if youre after her signature, try and offer some money, work needs appreciating.

Sonia-Leong-Base-Image.jpg

and now for the big guest we have Paul Cornell, yes one of the most important names for Doctor who in my opinion, the creator the companion Bernice Summerfield, and if you're unaware Big Finish started with the character in a spin off which allowed them to get the doctor who license, from the writing angle for the TV Series range, he is the writer of "Fathers day" from Series 1, so either a complete first series or a Series 1 Volume 3, or "Human nature"/"Family of Blood" from Series 3 so for that you'd need Series 3 Volume 3 of a complete Series 3 boxset, maybe if you met Harry Lloyd last year you could get Paul's to compliment his (Again Showmasters book Gerald Horn i beg of you).

his credits are far from over, Cornell also wrote "Scream of the Shalka" the webcast animation which was for a time designed to launch the series again before it returned with Eccelston, for Big finish we have "The Shadow of the Scourge", "Seasons of Fear", "Circular time" and "100" from the main range, and "Love and War" from the novel adaptations, along with many if too numerous to name from The Bernice Summerfield range.

he does also appear as himself in numerous documentaries, including "Terrance Dicks: Fact & Fiction" ("Horror of Fang Rock"), "What Lies Beneath" ("Doctor who and the Silurians"), "Celebration" ("The Five Doctors": 25th Anniversary Edition"), "Striped for Action: The Seventh Doctor" ("Delta and the Bannermen"), "War zone: The End of an Era" ("The War Games") and "Blast from the past" ("The Day of the Daleks"), so any of those stories either on DVD or Blu Ray Boxsets, and in addition to all that hes in 4 episodes of "Doctor Who: Confidential" one of which is on The Complete Fifth Series.

so with this amazing range of credits it is a shame he's only attending on the Saturday, but from a previous meeting he signs for free, something i refuse to stand (Or knowing my left leg hobble) for, so if he says free, i'm going to pay the man.

Paul-Cornell-Base-Image.jpg

my choice in items for signing shall be "Delta and the Bannermen", "Scream of the Shalka", "The Complete Third Series" and "The Shadow of the Scourge", what about everyone else, i would love to hear your thoughts.

Sonia's lovely to speak to. She has her two Doctor Who prints in a variety of sizes at very affordable prices. Highly recommend.

Also, to add to Paul Cornell, for any 13th Doctor fans he wrote the webcast during lockdown called "The Shadow in the Mirror."
Lovely guy!

• Like 1

so todays update yielded three Doctor who guests, two relevant to this forum, one will be on another forum (Which i can't remember if I've created it yet), but anyway.

Firstly we have Michael Carter, who nowadays might be best known for his role in Star Wars as Bib Fortuna, "an American Werewolf in london", or even the more Recent House of the Dragon, but his first ever role was in Doctor who, it was of course Uncredited and a single story, he did however play two roles, firstly he was a prisoner, then like many extras of his era he would play a UNIT Soldier, the story is of course the Season 8 Story "The Mind of Evil", he is attending on the Saturday and will be £25 for his autograph, this is one i am actually strangely excited for more than one would expect, as its like i wanted a small guest, one that would be rather obscure.

MichaelCarterWeb.png

Next we have Kenneth Cranham, who has a more obscure appearance outside of the main TV series in a Big Finish Story, specifically the opener of "The Eighth Doctor Adventures" (By which i mean the spin off not the first story that featured Paul McGann as the 8th doctor in Audio allowing the series to move forward for the first time in a year with an acted cast) the two part "Blood of the Daleks" as Tom Cardwell, i've not listened to either of the parts yet, so i cannot comment on its quality, but its now one i need to hunt down and listen to, he is attending on the Sunday and is £20 for his Autograph.

KennethCranhamWeb.png

Obviously no need to ask what you'd have signed this time given the options are limited, its more a "Are you going to get their signatures"