Doctor who guests (Spring 2023)

D-C-A

Okay so following on from my forum last year, i thought i'd post about any doctor who related guests, either the obvious or the obscure that will be announced for this con, what they contributed to the Doctor who line up and what you can personally get signed by any of the actors, writers, or comic guests.

firstly we have BRIAN BLESSED (has to be in capitals), who appeared as King Yacarnos in "The Trial of a Timelord" Parts 5-8 or as its known "Mindwarp" he is £50 for an autograph, or what i would recommend based on past experience the Diamond Pass which is £90, as the last time he attended due to his friendly nature he tends to not get beyond those who have paid for a Diamond pass, he is on the Sunday Only.

secondly on our more obscure side we have Wild Scolding, who has so far only appeared in audios those being "Thin Time", "The Mind of the Hodiac", "Mutually Assured Destruction", "Asking for a friend", "the True Saviour of the Universe", "Rogue State", "Dark Side of the Moon", "Now you Know", "Nevernor", "Mother Tongue", "Unity", "Sins of the Father", "Goodbye Piccadilly", "Empire of Shadows", "Superiority Complex", "The Restored" and "Peach Blossom Heights", so a nice variable Cavalcade of stories to chose from if that is your fancy, he is £15 with no Diamond Pass Option and is appearing on the Saturday Only.

I will keep this updated with any further guests, i'll do my best to cross reference and find any connection, with the amount of smaller guests you'd be amazed with what comes up.

• Like 2

Update time, the two most obvious doctor who guests have been announced (Its not an LFCC without them).

first we have the 6th doctor Colin Baker, who if you're going for DVDs he's on "Arc of Infinity" where he played Commander Maxil, or anything from "The Caves of Androzani" to "The Trial of a Timelord" part 4 "The Ultimate foe" along with the recent surprise appearance in "the Power of the Doctor", Blu Ray wise you'd need either Seasons 22 or 23 as those have both been released, along with a cavalcade of Big Finish Audio plays, those daring may also wish for the Original audio CD of "The Macra Terror" to which he provided Narration, he is on both days and will cost you £20 for an Autograph.

and then next we have 7th Doctor Sylvester McCoy, from the DVD front he's present on "Time and the Rani" to "Survival" along with appearing in "the Movie" and the recent surprise appearance in "the Power of the Doctor", from the Blu ray line two of his 3 seasons have been released those being 24 & 26, of course he's also appeared in a number of Audios for Big Finish, he is £20 and on both days like his younger (and Larger) self, i believe he also offers a in costume photo for £36.

i will update with any further announcements.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so update of some significance and interest.

firstly let’s talk about the obvious, we have Terry Molloy, whom many would instantly recognise as Davros from three Classic TV stories “Resurrection of the Daleks”, “Revelation of the Daleks” & “Remembrance of the Daleks”, he also appears as Russell in “Attack of the Cybermen” along with many appearances as Davros or otherwise in Big Finish plays, those sets along with the 40th anniversary WHSmith Dalek set, the Davros Collection and Season 22 are the obvious candidates, he is on Sunday and is £15 for his autograph.

next we have Sacha Dhawan who is the current incarnation of the renegade timelord “the Master” and his sets include “the Complete Series 12” and “the Power of the Doctor” but threat not he also appears as Warris Hussain in “An Adventure in Space and Time” he is £30 and is on Saturday only.

now for my usual finding connections to which I’m often praised (mocked) for finding, Dermot Crowley, now many will ask who did he play, well he didn’t, he did however audition for the role of the 7th doctor and usually this doesn’t warrant a mention similar to Chris Barrie of my previous posts, but the footage of Crowley is present on the DVD of “Time and the Rani” in a special feature, if you’re a collector of such oddities he is on the Sunday and £25 at that.

make of this information what you will, will update with any further guests or connections I may be able to locate.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends in our first post of 2023, i bring good fortune worthy of a king which is ironic.

Firstly we have Julian Glover (a man who once told me "know your place" when i asked if i should bow before him), who played King Richard the Lionhart in "The Crusade" and Scaroth in the beloved classic "City of death" meaning here are your options, "Lost in Time", a Cd of "The Crusade" or even its VHS CD counterpart, the newly released Season 2 Blu Ray Boxset, "City of Death" or the Season 17 Boxset, he is attending the Saturday of the Convention (Although booking a photo lists him as Sunday for some reason so i may have to double check that) and for the kings hand you will be paying £25.

secondly we have Christina Chong who early in her now booming career played Lorna Bucket (You know you're British if you read that as Bouquet) in "A Good man goes to war" meaning that for her signiture You'll need either Series 6 Part 1 or any of the Various releases of the Complete Series 6, she is attending on Saturday and will be £30.

i checked the other names, however and sadly i came up with no luck, with the big ones announced today such as Christopher Lambert and Sam Jones we had a bunch of smaller names in the guise of the usual Star Wars actors, sadly these ones seemed impossible to trace outside of Tony Smart (Who has no Doctor who connection), not even the star wars wiki could trace half these names, although the odds are they were american actors in the late 90's any overlap with Doctor who is slim to at best, however when checking two Sam Jones did come up with doctor who, first a companion with that name and an actor, however it isn't the same Sam Jones who played "Flash Gordon", the one i found for Doctor who had no biography other than the credit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Small update but a big one for fans of the more recent series, not a sarcastic comments i understand the 13th doctors era has been one of the more controversial ones but there are fans both sides of the debate, and i'm not looking to provoke or spark arguments over an actor who hasn't done anything to inspire such remarks, so lets get into the meat of this update, LFCC spring will welcome Mandip Gill, who portrayed Yazmin "Yaz" Khan across the 13th doctors era.

the sets to which she appears are "The Complete 11th Series", "Resolution", "The Complete 12th Series", "Revolution of the Daleks", "The Complete 13th Series", "Eve of the Daleks"/"Legend of the Sea Devils" and "the Power of the Doctor" or if you have steelbooks "Series 13 Specials" is the latest in the extremely healthy choices of sets for this guest, from experience she is lovely to meet and i would recommend meeting her shes only attending the Saturday and is £25 for an autograph the same price for a photo, although an option is available for a photo with Sacha Dhawen for £65.

• Like 3

Small update in the form of comic writer simon furman, who whilst his comics are too numerous to name i thought i'd add the more common items that he's featured on or has done work for.

he appears in an interview capacity on two "Striped for action" features for both the 6th and 7th Doctors, so you'll need "The Twin Dilemma" or "Delta and the Bannerman" for those, or for a more direct contribution he wrote "The Axis of Evil" for Big finish, and despite being within the first 100 entries isn't too expensive if you so chose to track down a copy.

• Like 1

New update, Christopher Fairbank who has a small variety of Roles in doctor who, the most obvious of which is Fenton (oh Jesus Christ, FENTON!) in the series 8 episode "Flatline" so you'll need a series 8 copy, which there are a number of variants, he also appears in a few audio plays for big finish, he was in "The Wreck of the Titan" and "Ironbright" from the mainrange and from the 8th doctor adventures he was in "Scapegoat", he's attending on Saturday and will be £20.

also because this entry is short i should point out a few things of fun interest, he was in the much maligned "Alien 3" with other Doctor who Alumni Paul McGann (The 8th Doctor) and Danny Webb (John Jefferson in "The Impossible Planet"/"The Satan Pit" along with a number of big finish stories), i kinda hope they get him as well, he had the best moment in "Alien 3".

Showmasters get Danny Webb.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okays so i realised i havent updated in a bit and there has been a few guests, both on the obscure side of things, one more obvious the other less so.

Firstly we have todays announcement which brings us Dichen Lachman, who was in the controversial "Torchwood: Miracle Day" (Personally i love this season, not everyone's taste) she was in the second episode of the series and played "Lyn Peterfield" if you'd like a brief recap of her character she gets her neck broken by Rex and then walks around with her head on backwards, shes appearing both days of the event and will be £35 for an autograph, for her sets you'll need either a copy of "Torchwood: Miracle Day" or a copy of the Complete Torchwood Series, although from experience Miracle day as a standalone blu ray was near impossible to find.

next on the less obvious side we have Lee Sulivan, a comic writer whose had a lot of work within the Doctor who canon of works, mainly with comic work but he does however have works on DVDs and Blurays, his character of Abslom Daak or "Dalek Killer" appeared in a single cameo via a piece of his art work in the series 8 episode "Time Heist" so a copy of that is in the cards for a possible signing, he appears as himself in interview form on two DVDS for the "Striped for Action" series of documentaries, for both the 7th and 8th doctor, which requires "Delta and the Bannerman" and "The Movie" Special Edition respectively, however if youre looking or a more direct contribution i would point you in the direction of "Shada", for he contributed work to the 2003 webcast version of the story, which is present on the initial DVD (That uses the VHS 92" Edit) apart of "The Legacy Collection", the Steelbook of "Shada" released in 2017, its important to note this version is not included on either the DVD or Standard Blu Ray of the 17" edit as it was Exclusive to the steelbook and is now present on the recent Season 17 boxset, as a comic writer he's not listed for a day however nor a price, but if i remember he's £10.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So in a shockingly late announcement by Showmasters, we have what i'm guessing will be the last guest update for this blog.

Victoria Yeates was in the Big finish audio "The Monsters of Gokroth" from the main ranger, i dunno who she played as i haven't listened to it yet, shes attending both days and will set you back £30 for her Autograph.

Last post on this... post.

so the con has been and gone there was a fire hazard Saturday because of Joseph Quinn and the lack of the control there, but sadly of course two guests were unable to attend who've been in who, Terry Molloy who was ill and Dichen Lachman who i believe was due to a schedule conflict, but i hope everyone like me had fun.

see everyone in July.

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:31 PM, D-C-A said:

Okay so update of some significance and interest.

firstly let’s talk about the obvious, we have Terry Molloy, whom many would instantly recognise as Davros from three Classic TV stories “Resurrection of the Daleks”, “Revelation of the Daleks” & “Remembrance of the Daleks”, he also appears as Russell in “Attack of the Cybermen” along with many appearances as Davros or otherwise in Big Finish plays, those sets along with the 40th anniversary WHSmith Dalek set, the Davros Collection and Season 22 are the obvious candidates, he is on Sunday and is £15 for his autograph.

next we have Sacha Dhawan who is the current incarnation of the renegade timelord “the Master” and his sets include “the Complete Series 12” and “the Power of the Doctor” but threat not he also appears as Warris Hussain in “An Adventure in Space and Time” he is £30 and is on Saturday only.

now for my usual finding connections to which I’m often praised (mocked) for finding, Dermot Crowley, now many will ask who did he play, well he didn’t, he did however audition for the role of the 7th doctor and usually this doesn’t warrant a mention similar to Chris Barrie of my previous posts, but the footage of Crowley is present on the DVD of “Time and the Rani” in a special feature, if you’re a collector of such oddities he is on the Sunday and £25 at that.

make of this information what you will, will update with any further guests or connections I may be able to locate.

is anyone else still waiting for their send in  item back for this guest who didn't make the event and hasn't appeared at any later events or is it just me?

cant seem to get a reply for where my item is either for some reason

1 hour ago, hulk2099 said:

is anyone else still waiting for their send in  item back for this guest who didn't make the event and hasn't appeared at any later events or is it just me?

cant seem to get a reply for where my item is either for some reason

I've never sent anything in so i can't comment there i'm afraid.