London Comic Con Winter 2022 - Our report and photos

benweblight

I had a good time! The train situation into London was a nightmare but luckily I had no photoshoots booked in, so I could afford to be late. Ended up getting there around exactly midday and immediately managed to get autographs from the two guests I came for, Paddy Considine and Ty Tennant. My dad and I had a long walk through the merch hall and I got a good bit of Christmas gift shopping done, as well as some fun bits for myself! My dad was very happy with his LOTR shirt haul and he enjoys seeing all the cosplays. All in all probably my quietest comic con to date in the sense that I only got two autographs and no photoshoots, but I was there for a good five and a half hours and my dad and I had a blast!

2ed4c975cf448ef7ac5674e4594b19fada19d6c1

Paddy was so lovely. I got an autograph for my friend who couldn't come to the event and told him he's her favourite HOTD character, which he seemed very pleased to hear. He's very funny and down to earth, very glad I got to meet him!

905722480345eca0eb6a6da30fbcf95903feafdd

705c7e30d496fc8083bd233232f2e27d62c8d1cc

First thing my dad pointed out when he saw Ty was that our hair matches. We were definitely hair twinning to an extent there! He was very sweet, I hope he enjoyed his first ever convention! 

6e357e31373f46b0f62d3a5fb125a931e35e8702

• Like 3

Glad to see that you got there eventually, Faerie Tanith, and still had a good time. My con was equally quiet; just two autographs from a single guest. In fact, I was already back at Clapham Junction by the time you and your dad arrived.

You also appear to be much younger than I would have guessed, given how many years I’ve seen your posts on this forum. 

28 minutes ago, yellowmarlin said:

Glad to see that you got there eventually, Faerie Tanith, and still had a good time. My con was equally quiet; just two autographs from a single guest. In fact, I was already back at Clapham Junction by the time you and your dad arrived.

You also appear to be much younger than I would have guessed, given how many years I’ve seen your posts on this forum. 

I'm 28, and very much feel old sometimes- I haven't achieved x amount of things that I planned to in my 20s and now my 30s are creeping closer, bla bla bla. Out of interest how old did you imagine I was? :D

23 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I'm 28, and very much feel old sometimes- I haven't achieved x amount of things that I planned to in my 20s and now my 30s are creeping closer, bla bla bla. Out of interest how old did you imagine I was? :D

I think everyone feels like that at some stage. I’m 44 now and have made my peace with the state of my personal and professional life lol.

If asked, I would probably have guessed that you were in your early 30s by now. Your name is one of the names that I seem to have seen on here since I joined; probably because of the spelling. All that said, I thought you looked to be early 20s in your photos, so I wasn’t too far off. 

3 hours ago, yellowmarlin said:

I think everyone feels like that at some stage. I’m 44 now and have made my peace with the state of my personal and professional life lol.

If asked, I would probably have guessed that you were in your early 30s by now. Your name is one of the names that I seem to have seen on here since I joined; probably because of the spelling. All that said, I thought you looked to be early 20s in your photos, so I wasn’t too far off. 

Probably the old soul in me, at least I'm often told :lol: I think I've been on here since 2014, so 8 years now which is crazy to think about!

• Like 1