Doctor who guests

D-C-A

okay update time.

First, i called it for Jeff Cummins, an artist who worked on many Doctor who Target novels back in the day, the list includes, "The Time Meddler", "Doctor who and the Tomb of the cybermen" (First Edition), "Doctor who and the Doomsday Weapon", "Doctor who and the Mutants", "The Three Doctors", "Doctor who and the Dinosaur Invasion", "Doctor who and the Giant Robot", "Doctor who and the Face of Evil", "Doctor who and the talons of weng-chiang" and "Doctor who and the Horror of Fang Rock", along with these he also did art work for many Virgin New Adventure novels, "Blood Heat", "The Dimension Riders", "Conundrum", "Tragedy Day", "Theatre of war", "Al-Consuming Fire", "Sky Pirates!" and "War Child", he's only listed for the saturday, but he's £10 from memory.

next we have Lee Sulivan who has a nice varied range of work for Doctor who, the most notable example is his work is the art work for three of the webcasts those being "Real Time", "Death Comes to time" and "Shada" the latter of which can be found on the following releases the original DVD copy found in the legacy boxset, on the 2017 Steelbook and most recently the Complete Season 17 boxset i believe, other DVDs you will be able to find him on two DVD bonus features, those being the striped for Action features on "Delta and the Bannerman" and "The Movie" Special Edition, plus for eagle eyed TV fans a piece of his art work specifically the character Abslom Daak or Dalek Killer appeared in "Time Heist" which can be found on Series 8 (For which i found he was never paid royalties for), along with these there is a wide array of Comics that are too numerous to list here sadly, he so far doesn't have a day listed but from memory he is only £10.

Corrine Wicks is the next on our list of Doctor who Guests, in fact she is only a recent addition to the franchise's wide array of actors, portraying the character Vibax in "The Passanger" an audio appart of "Galifrey: War room" sadly she doesn't have any price nor day listed thus far however so i can't comment further here.

lastly and oddly we have someone called JAKe listed but i can't find anything Doctor who related to him via that name sadly.

If you want a rather more indirect Doctor Who guest, Jason Flemyng's dad directed the 1st Doctor Who film in the 60's. And recently did the BFI shows for the recent cinema releases, and was interviewed in Doctor Who Magazine a couple of issues back. Not sure if he features in any extras on the recent releases

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:07 PM, Mfahey79 said:

If you want a rather more indirect Doctor Who guest, Jason Flemyng's dad directed the 1st Doctor Who film in the 60's. And recently did the BFI shows for the recent cinema releases, and was interviewed in Doctor Who Magazine a couple of issues back. Not sure if he features in any extras on the recent releases

Good Shout, could easily get his signature on the movies in place of his late father.

Okay so update time and boy do we have a good number.

Firstly we have the ever so wonderful Katy Manning who was Jo Grant for Seasons 8-10 along with return appearances in "The Sarah Jane Adventures" Series 3 and "The Power of the Doctor", so anything from those period is of easy access, and of course she did a number of Audios as either Jo Grant or Iris Wildthyme, so you'll have a wide variety to chose from, shes appearing on the sunday and will set you back £15.

Next we have the screaming Terror herself, Bonnie Langford on a smaller variety of TV stories appearing for only a season and a half so from "Terror of the Vervoids" to "Dragonfire" with a return appearance in "The Power of the Doctor" so you have a decent number of choices, and she has done a number of audios with either 6 or 7, she's also appearing on Sunday for £15.

on the more obscure side Joblin Sibtain (a name i'm never gonna try and pronounce) who made two TV apperances the first being Mr Granthom in "The Warriors of Kudlack" from The Sarah Jane Adventures series 1 and then Tarak Ital in "The Waters of Mars" meaning you'll need either that story separate or a copy of The Complete Specials", hes also on sunday for guess what £15.

now to the very obscure side, we have the son of the legendary Gerry Anderson, Jamie Anderson whose been a writer and Director on a number of Big Finish audios, which are too Numerous to name here, but if DVD's are your thing he is on "More than 30 Years in the TARDIS", he's not listed for a day or a price however (Also side note Gerry once described that his son was a doctor who fan as "One of the greatest tragedies of my life".)

next is Alister Lock another Doctor who Alumni with a surprising background of credits including BBV and Big Finish, where he did "Auton" and the trilogy of Direct to video films, and now he's done sound design on Big finish along with a number of acting credits which whilst small is a nice addition to his resume especially as it says how nice a family Big Finish is, but of course for those on DVD side, he did artwork for "Shada" by which i mean the first DVD as he worked on the animation of the 8th Doctor version, so you'll need either the first DVD release, the 2017 Steelbook or the new Season 17 boxset (I think its on there, i don't know i'm afraid) and like Anderson he's not listed for a day sadly.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, D-C-A said:

Lastly and oddly we have someone called JAKe listed but i can't find anything Doctor who related to him via that name sadly.

JAKe is Jake Devine, current editor for the DW range at Titan Comics. So, the ongoing Thirteenth Doctor series, and the ‘Time Lord Victorious’, ‘Empire of the Wolf’, ‘Missy’, and ‘Origins’ (Fugitive Dr) series.

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Like father like son. We now have Ty Tennant joining the roster this year. Doctor Who wise, he was in the Five(ish) Doctors. But he did join his dad on the re-make of Around the World in 80 days, albeit for the last episode only

Yeah must be weird for Ty, hes appearing with 4 men (And one woman) who've played his dad and granddad and his on screen dad from "House of Dragon" must be confusing for the poor lad

• Like 1

Also announced for con next year IE March we have the national boisterous treasure that is BRIAN BLESSED who played King Yacarnos in "Mindwarp" the second story of "The Trial of a timelord" so that dvd or Season 23, and for those who care about such things he was almost in "The Daleks Masterplan" as his "Z Cars" character PC Fancy Smith, but that was vetoed during the pre production, he's only appearing on that Sunday and is £50

Again this is March 2023 not November 2022

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Also announced for con next year IE March we have the national boisterous treasure that is BRIAN BLESSED who played King Yacarnos in "Mindwarp" the second story of "The Trial of a timelord" so that dvd or Season 23, and for those who care about such things he was almost in "The Daleks Masterplan" as his "Z Cars" character PC Fancy Smith, but that was vetoed during the pre production, he's only appearing on that Sunday and is £50

Again this is March 2023 not November 2022

If anyone deserves full capital letters. it's Brian

Every show he's done in the last few years, i've been working and yet to meet him, and unfortunately will be working when the spring show is on. And yet work wise, I've had the pleasure of dealing with him and selling to him. And I will add, he's very much the nice guy he you would expect him to be.

Edited by Mfahey79

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

Every show he's done in the last few years, i've been working and yet to meet him, and unfortunately will be working when the spring show is on. And yet work wise, I've had the pleasure of dealing with him and selling to him. And I will add, he's very much the nice guy he you would expect him to be.

He was also in the running for the 2nd Doctor.

Okay so there was some update on guests today, but theirs nothing that i can confirm, two names got flagged when i searched the first was Stephen Bayley but that was because there was another person by that same name on "More than 30 years in the TARDIS" so i dug deeper and not the same guy as the actor (Although the actor whose going doesn't have an IMDB page and has the exact spelling), then we have Paul Kirby, and being honest i'm still extremely uncertain about this one as there are a large number of them on IMDB, the one I've back-traced to the announcement is different from one who appears in doctor who, but they could be the same person, unfortunately because both roles were masked and i doubt theirs any photos of him around that era unmasked i can't verify a single thing, if it is the same person he was in "The Space Pirates", so the only options their are the CD or "Lost in time", very limited, but again like i said i can't currently confirm if its the same actor with IMDB thinking its two different people or if it is in fact two different actors with the same name.

• Like 1

Update time, firstly from what i can tell Peter Ross Murray may have cancelled (Again) so that means he's no longer attending.

however Laurie Goode has been announced and he's been an extra in the following stories "The Mutants", "The Time Monster", "the Invasion of Time", "The Creature from the Pit", "Meglos", "State of Decay", "Warriors Gate", "Enlightenment", "Frontios", "The Mysterious planet" and "Battlefield", so you'll have a nice wide variety of covers to chose from, although on the subjective opinion most of those stories are a little Meh (Especially Frontios), he's only on the Saturday and costs £10 to aquire.

• Like 1

From a bit of research and digging i can officially add Jason Flemyng to this list, whilst i had previously commented on the possible choice of having him sign either Dalek film as a stand in for his late father, after doing a little digging he himself is a little more involved, as a feature on "Death to the Daleks" called "On set of Dr. Who and the Daleks", as a result he can sign for himself a Doctor who DVD, so he's on the Saturday and is £25, i do apologise for not checking this sooner, but i've only just had the idea to think to check his self page on IMDB, as the Doctor who wiki only lists his magazine interview and his lineage within the series.

• Like 1

Late night update, i'm bored and thought i'd add this for the foolish, turns out Malcolm Sinclair is on a Doctor who DVD, specifically "The Ribos Operation", but in a way that even i would consider too loose he was featured in archive footage on the "A Matter of Time" feature from his role in "The Prisoner of Zenda", make of that info of what you will, but personally thats too far a push, he's purely archive footage from another show altogether as apart of a documentary.

for context the section in question talked about how Antony Hopes book was used as the basis for "The Androids of Tara" and compared the scene of the Doctor suggesting the android stand in for the king to allow them time to find the true king, to a similar scene from the 1984 BBC Adaptation of the book.

if you're more daring than I, he's Saturday and Costs £20.

• Like 1

Okay, so con has been and done, I was in fact correct the Paul Kirby whom I had previously Theorised May have been in Doctor who was apart of “The Space Pirates” as both a Pirate and a Miner, of note he is available to see in the surviving film trims of Episode 1, as the pirate who appears in close up.

In a related note, I met Sinon Bisley whom as previously mentioned had a loose link to the show’s second series (2006) in that his art work inspired the Beast featured in “the Satan Pit”, he was aware of this fact and had been paid £50 for the usage, and I am proud to proclaim that I am the first (and possibly only at time of writing) to have a Complete Second Series (and maybe even DVD of Doctor who) signed by Bisley to which he commemorated by also adding a #1 for me.

that’s all for now until any new guests may be announced for next years Cons.

• Like 1