Doctor who guests

D-C-A

So just a little forum that i wanna put together for any Doctor who fans who want to meet people associated with the series, be it TV, Audio, Books or whatever, IE i wanna try and list the guests who have a connection and what they did in case like me fans want to get something autographed.

So obviously for this November we have two of the biggest ones David Tennant and Matt Smith who were of course the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, who collectively were on the show from 2005 to 2013, so if you're unaware that means if you own the DVDS/Blu Rays for Tennant thats Series 2, Series 3, Series 4 and the complete specials (Maybe Series 1 if you want him to sign for his brief Scene), and for Matt Smith you have Series 5, Series 6, Series 7 and "Time of the Doctor", along with "Day of the Doctor" which you can have both of them on it.

Of course these arent the only Doctors attending as we have the Regulars Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy who were Doctor's 6 and 7, so thats Season 22 and 23 for Colin Baker (Along with "the Twin Dilemma") and Seasons 24-26 and "the Movie" for McCoy, plus a whole host of Audios for both (In fact my copy of "the Light at the end" has been signed by both, going for the set of the 5, Hint Hint Show masters get Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Paul McGann Please).

now for the more obscure guests starting with Julian Glover, who many people know his body of work even if they don't know him, Glover stared in two stories, those being "The Crusade" as Richard the Lionhart and "City of death" as Scarroth, this leaves fans many options, as whilst "The Crusade" hasn't had its own release on DVD yet (Episodes 2 and 4 are missing) you can get "Lost in Time" signed for his appearance there, or maybe even the CDS, VHS or whatever is your Choice.

Next on the very obscure side we have Peter Ross or Peter Ross Murray, he seems to go by both with Showmasters listing the former, but for Fans of Doctor who he appeared in "Time and the Rani" Episode 4, in an uncredited role, yeah you're really stretching it here, he was meant to appear last con with Ian Durrant who has a similar body of work (Same Doctor who Story and Star wars work) but pulled out a few days before hand if memory serves.

and lastly from the so far confirmed guests we have Harry Lloyd who has recnetly gained attention from his apperance in "House of Dragon" but Doctor who fans may remember him as Son of Mine from "Human Nature/Family of Blood" so if you want him on Doctor who, you'll need either Series 3 Volume 3 or The Complete Series 3, so not the hardest to come by as their are more copies of those out there than i'd know what to do with.

also if you wanna be thorough about it Chris Barrie was considered for the role of the 8th Doctor... thats it wanna be a daring person and have him sign your copy of "the movie" for that reason only (I considered having him sign the alternative side of my copy with the message "IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME" but i dunno if i have the balls).

any more get added i'll add my best, hope this helps people.

• Like 2

I thought i'd update as i remembered they have two regular guests that are often on the comic section who have Doctor who Connections.

first is Jessica Martin who played Mags in "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy" and also voiced the Queen in "Voyage of the Dammed" meaning you could either get Series 4 of the singular DVD of that story signed by her, she's also done a number of audios (which i'm gonna have to get one if she does get announced because i have both of those signed now).

the second is Jeff Cummins a man whose connections goes back some time to around the mid 1970's as he did the cover art for a number of Classic Target Novels (1st Prints of them so anything later will be void) he did novels such as "Doctor who and the Giant Robot", "The Three Doctors", "The Dinosaur invasion" and "The Tomb of the Cybermen" along with about a dozen more.

again these two haven't been announced but its a very safe bet that both of them will as they are regular attendees of this convention, stay tuned for any future updates.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:27 AM, D-C-A said:

now for the more obscure guests starting with Julian Glover, who many people know his body of work even if they don't know him, Glover stared in two stories, those being "The Crusade" as Richard the Lionhart and "City of death" as Scarroth, this leaves fans many options, as whilst "The Crusade" hasn't had its own release on DVD yet (Episodes 2 and 4 are missing) you can get "Lost in Time" signed for his appearance there, or maybe even the CDS, VHS or whatever is your Choice.

Julian Glover must have the record for appearing in the most franchises. With Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Game of Thrones to name but a few. I'd say the only one he is missing is Star Trek

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Especially for Peter Ross, I thought I was up on the Doctor Who guests appearing. this one slipped through my net

it took some time to check the name IMDB lists 15 or so Peter Ross, so i cross checked them all and then ran the name on the Star Wars Wiki and it came up as Peter Ross Murray, at which point i checked that on IMDB and then cross referencing the roles its how i found him on the list, again its a small role, but then i've gotten an autograph from someone who never recorded their scenes, so hey hey, not out of the ordinary, essentially any star wars extra from the 1980's they list i cross check them

• Like 2

Thought i'd update in lack of any guest announcement, if you're looking for a loose connection for Doctor who, Chris Barrie who plays the Smeg Head himself Rimmer in Red Dwarf was considered for the role of the 8th Doctor, thats really info thats what you make of it, i at some point considered having him sign the opposite side of my Movie cover with the message "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME" but decided the joke was a little worthless.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, D-C-A said:

Thought i'd update in lack of any guest announcement, if you're looking for a loose connection for Doctor who, Chris Barrie who plays the Smeg Head himself Rimmer in Red Dwarf was considered for the role of the 8th Doctor, thats really info thats what you make of it, i at some point considered having him sign the opposite side of my Movie cover with the message "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME" but decided the joke was a little worthless.

If you google Chris Barrie Doctor Who, the 1st image is of a very low quality picture of him in a leather jacket and a low quality Tardis. Not good enough to get signed, but amusing enough

so theres an update, its a small one for a big guest.

So Jodie Whitaker who is currently the incumbent Doctor being number 13... at least until the 23rd of this month has been announced as attending, and lets be civil and avoid any nastiness because there is a disgusting amount towards Jodie and her era, now in brief my personal thoughts are shes great as the doctor, but the majority of her stories arent the best with a few being stinkers, but anyway if you're unaware the releases that she can sign are "The Complete 11th Series", "Resolution" (Also included in the next entry) "The Complete 12th Series", "Revolution of the daleks", "The Complete 13th Series", and "eve of the daleks"/"Legend of the Sea Devils", so a healthy array of choices, i'm going for Series 11 as then she'll join Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill on that set, on a side note i hate the BBC for essentially splitting what should be one release into 3 so far, given that the last three i listed should have been a single boxset as a result that "boxset" feels flimsy with only two discs.

so far thats only 8 listed doctor who guests but more should be announced and if they are i'll add any details for the lesser known ones.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D-C-A said:

on a side note i hate the BBC for essentially splitting what should be one release into 3 so far, given that the last three i listed should have been a single boxset as a result that "boxset" feels flimsy with only two discs.

There's going to be a complete specials DVD release. It's currently available for pre-order.

Edited by Tara Maclay

9 hours ago, Tara Maclay said:

There's going to be a complete specials DVD release. It's currently available for pre-order.

yeah thats only for the post series 13 content, its not going to include "Revolution of the daleks", Series 13 or any of the specials post that series i don't think.

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

yeah thats only for the post series 13 content, its not going to include "Revolution of the daleks", Series 13 or any of the specials post that series i don't think.

Yeah, it's only the last three specials of Jodie's era. 
Maybe in the future we'll get a Flux + specials release.

4 hours ago, Tara Maclay said:

Yeah, it's only the last three specials of Jodie's era. 
Maybe in the future we'll get a Flux + specials release.

Flux has had a special release, so probably wont be added to Flux. depending on how many specials we get next year, they may get added with these. Worse case scenario for the pocket. We get a release for these 3, and another release for next years specials.

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Flux has had a special release, so probably wont be added to Flux. depending on how many specials we get next year, they may get added with these. Worse case scenario for the pocket. We get a release for these 3, and another release for next years specials.

If there is an eventual set with everything from "Revolution of the Daleks" to "Power of the Doctor" and is listed as the complete Series 13 and has around 5 discs with all the content, i will be kinda annoyed given i would have shelled out for 4 releases under the impression their wouldn't be a full set, and i can't trade them in, because everything thats been released i have signed by at least one person and four at most, and whilst i could probably get a decent chunk of change for the signed copies, unlikely chance that those guests (Exception of Sara Powell as shes somewhat big in the British pop culture set thanks to two years on Londons Burning as Sally Reid) would appear at conventions again, so thats put me in a tricky situation, but at the same time annoys me that to get an entire boxsets worth of content you need to take up twice as much space on your shelf, even Series 10 when it lacked "Twice upon a time" managed to be the same width as a regular boxset.

• Like 1

Thought I'd add actually given i mentioned Sara Powell and Londons Burning, what would be great to go with Harry Llyod (Son of mine) would be Gerald Horn who was Father Of Mine and also Leslie "Charisma" Appleby in London's burning, cause i think i added that show to the list of other programs i would add to my autograph hunt list, because surprisingly a decent number of the main stars appeared on Doctor who during its classic years and a few on the new series as well, with ironically enough Glen Murphy having the biggest significance in either series, as he was a kinda tribesman in "Kinda" (Where else) and Dibber in "The Trial of a Timelord" so a pretty big part and of course went onto be the only character to do the entire run of London's burning (Not including the movie but he did audition for the role of Kenny "Rambo" Barnes) as George Green, if anyones interested i can list all the ones i know about and will do some further digging to see what i can find.

57 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Thought I'd add actually given i mentioned Sara Powell and Londons Burning, what would be great to go with Harry Llyod (Son of mine) would be Gerald Horn who was Father Of Mine and also Leslie "Charisma" Appleby in London's burning, cause i think i added that show to the list of other programs i would add to my autograph hunt list, because surprisingly a decent number of the main stars appeared on Doctor who during its classic years and a few on the new series as well, with ironically enough Glen Murphy having the biggest significance in either series, as he was a kinda tribesman in "Kinda" (Where else) and Dibber in "The Trial of a Timelord" so a pretty big part and of course went onto be the only character to do the entire run of London's burning (Not including the movie but he did audition for the role of Kenny "Rambo" Barnes) as George Green, if anyones interested i can list all the ones i know about and will do some further digging to see what i can find.

I'm surprised we don't see more of these guests at the film fairs.

15 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm surprised we don't see more of these guests at the film fairs.

Come to think of it over the over years i've been sara Powell is the only one from Londons Burning i've seen (Aside from Catherine Tate who had an early role in a Season 7 episode making that the only other role aside from Donna i don't hate) its strange from what i know none of them are ashamed of the roles they played especially as it was so popular for so long kept them all in work for at least 3 years (14 being the most with Glen Murphy) and a lot of them have appeared in a lot of big productions that would have been seen by the general public, which is why some of them i'd love to have appear at cons for both that show and Doctor who, because i can tell you James Marcus would be signing 3 things straight away, those being "Londons Burning" Series 1-3 where he played Station officer Sidney Tate and the two Doctor who stories he did being "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" and sadly enough for a man of his talent "Underworld".

• Like 1

Well Update, as like the idiot i am i forgot to check one of the names, and this one may be under some peoples radar, but Marina Sirtis who many people best know as Counsellor Deanna Troi from Star Trek, turns out she did an Audio set, that being "The Year of Martha" as a character called Karen, i've not listened to it but i'm gonna pick that up for that very reason of course, as i would recommend others do, any further update and i'll post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Well Update, as like the idiot i am i forgot to check one of the names, and this one may be under some peoples radar, but Marina Sirtis who many people best know as Counsellor Deanna Troi from Star Trek, turns out she did an Audio set, that being "The Year of Martha" as a character called Karen, i've not listened to it but i'm gonna pick that up for that very reason of course, as i would recommend others do, any further update and i'll post.

Lovely lady, spent so long discussing Tottenham. I must have the only star trek poster signed with COYS (come on you Spurs) 

4 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Lovely lady, spent so long discussing Tottenham. I must have the only star trek poster signed with COYS (come on you Spurs) 

Never wrong having something Unique, i for example have the only copy of "Shada" signed by Shirley Conrad, as she was cast, and due to film scenes prior to the scene shifters strike, she praised me as she put it "Doing your homework" digging up that fact, she had no objections to signing she just wanted to make sure i was happy with it, shes a rare signer i believe and as i said must be a one of a kind copy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Never wrong having something Unique, i for example have the only copy of "Shada" signed by Shirley Conrad, as she was cast, and due to film scenes prior to the scene shifters strike, she praised me as she put it "Doing your homework" digging up that fact, she had no objections to signing she just wanted to make sure i was happy with it, shes a rare signer i believe and as i said must be a one of a kind copy.

It's nice that she said that, I went back and forth on getting her autograph. Which I should have done looking back. As I got all the other Conrad's to sign the same page in my 500 year diary. I should have made it a complete family affair

With a lack of any updates and i will repost this info closer to the time, but heres what for the July con next year.

Ernie Hudson who many will know best as Winston Zedmore from the Ghostbusters franchise appeared in an episode of the fourth Series of "Torchwood" dubbed "Miracle Day" playing the character of Stuart Owens in the episode "the middle men" essentially one of the most pop culturally biggest guests on what would end up being one of the most ill received seasons of the "Torchwood" series (Personally i loved Miracle Day but thats me), at this time i've no idea what he will cost for an autograph.

• Like 1

Okay so the latest update has yielded some new guests of the Doctor who variety.

firstly we have MyAnna Buring, who in the Series played Scooti Manista in the Series 2 episode "The Impossible Planet", as such the Releases are either a Complete Series 2 of Series 2 Volume 4, she's only their on the Saturday and will cost £20 for an autograph.

Next on the artist front we have Stephen Baskervile who did ink work for two comic stories "Seaside Rendezvous" and "Who's that Girll" along with having done work on two games those being "Evacuation Earth" and "Return to Earth" he's attending both days but doesn't have a listed price.

David Leach is next, he wrote two comics those are "In the Dog House" and "Second thoughts" again he's both days but no price listed.

on a note is apparently our next guest Simon Bisley, has contributed in a unique way, his designs influenced the beast from "The Satan Pit" so thats a purely your discretion choice, and i'm torn, like before a Complete Series 2 or a Series 2 Volume 4, personally i'm torn on if i will get my copy signed or not, hes on both days.

and lastly we have Gary Erskine who did art work for "Prisoners of time" Volume 1, and thats all i can find on him, again he's on for both days but no price is listed.

thats all i have for this Update so a few more although most are out of my collectors range atm.

• Like 1