How Does Meeting Guests Work

Hi folks, I used to attend SM events years ago (used to attend the MK shopping centre and LFCC), and due to circumstances stopped collecting for quite a while.  
A couple of guests have perked my interest, but I cannot make the event so someone attending for me. 

As it’s been so long, I was wondering if the guest queuing system has changed? 

In the past you’d collect a numbered ticket from the guest signing queue, then when your number is up you join the queue (it would be grouped numbers 1- 50, 51-100 etc). 

Does it still work the same way, or is there a different process in place? 

Thanking you in advance 

1 hour ago, mightymax said:

Hi folks, I used to attend SM events years ago (used to attend the MK shopping centre and LFCC), and due to circumstances stopped collecting for quite a while.  
A couple of guests have perked my interest, but I cannot make the event so someone attending for me. 

As it’s been so long, I was wondering if the guest queuing system has changed? 

In the past you’d collect a numbered ticket from the guest signing queue, then when your number is up you join the queue (it would be grouped numbers 1- 50, 51-100 etc). 

Does it still work the same way, or is there a different process in place? 

Thanking you in advance 

Nothing has changed in that regard as the virtual ticket system still exists. The only main difference is if any of your guests have diamond pass options. If they do then the grouped (or batch numbers) for the diamond passes will go first before the general virtual ticket holders.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LSM said:

Nothing has changed in that regard as the virtual ticket system still exists. The only main difference is if any of your guests have diamond pass options. If they do then the grouped (or batch numbers) for the diamond passes will go first before the general virtual ticket holders.

Thanks for the response. 
pleased to hear it’s still the same process, as it will make life easy for me to explain to my mate who is attending for me. Thanks again 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mightymax said:

Thanks for the response. 
pleased to hear it’s still the same process, as it will make life easy for me to explain to my mate who is attending for me. Thanks again 

And it should be noted that if it is a Diamond guest you are interested in, there's no guarantee they will get to VQ holders depending on how many DP's have been sold, their signing speed and how much other stuff they are tied up with.  Most DP guests will see VQ holders though.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

And it should be noted that if it is a Diamond guest you are interested in, there's no guarantee they will get to VQ holders depending on how many DP's have been sold, their signing speed and how much other stuff they are tied up with.  Most DP guests will see VQ holders though.

The main one for me is Vinnie Jones (DP), so hopefully it will be ok. They’ve got early entry tickets so hope they grab a low number. I’m presuming a layout plan will be available in due course. Hopefully via this website. 

thanks for the info. Most appreciated 

2 hours ago, mightymax said:

The main one for me is Vinnie Jones (DP), so hopefully it will be ok. They’ve got early entry tickets so hope they grab a low number. I’m presuming a layout plan will be available in due course. Hopefully via this website. 

thanks for the info. Most appreciated 

Vinnie’s only there between 11 & 3 meaning he has a lot less time to sign than a lot of the others. I would say a diamond pass would be the best bet for him as there’s no guarantee he’ll get past them. Especially as he has photos to do in that time too.

2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Vinnie’s only there between 11 & 3 meaning he has a lot less time to sign than a lot of the others. I would say a diamond pass would be the best bet for him as there’s no guarantee he’ll get past them. Especially as he has photos to do in that time too.

Sadly, I cannot afford the DP ticket for them. Otherwise, I’d gladly pay it to ensure they can obtain his autograph for me. 

1 hour ago, mightymax said:

Sadly, I cannot afford the DP ticket for them. Otherwise, I’d gladly pay it to ensure they can obtain his autograph for me. 

Unfortunately, I would be prepared that it may not happen then. But you never know. If they can get there as early as possible to get the lowest vq possible, then their could be a chance.

Edited by Wrong Name

14 hours ago, mightymax said:

The other alternative is to use the pre order service and get them to get it for you.  It means you don't get to meet him for an auto, but you can have a photo with him and that sorts that out https://www.showmasterssales.com/collections/film-comic-con-birmingham-pre-orders/products/vinnie-jones-pre-order-nec2022-1