Personalised Autograph Only Guests

Showmasters, in future, can you let us know if a guest is only happy to sign autographs that ARE personalised. I asked one guest for signature and character name only today  and it led to and awkward conversation with me trying to reassure them I wasn’t and autograph dealer. If I had know, I would have asked for personalisation as I collect both but prefer unpersonalised in the first instance. Thanks.

I know Zoe Wannamaker was making a big deal about dedication. If you didn't want a dedication she did so but made a big deal about it. In the end I just left it as I know what she's like from experience. I would say if you're PAYING for them to sign then they should be doing as you're requesting as long as it's reasonable. Just my two pence on the matter. 

It's difficult isn't it. I know it's not the same but I watched Eric Roberts the last two days walk past his "No Photos" signs to take photos with 100+ fans. Unfortunately though I don't think this, pre-show at least, is a SM issue, or even a GUEST issue, but down to their booking agents who decide this for them. I would LOVE to be able to know in advance whether a guest will give personalised autos or "desktop" photos but it really does seem to be an as-it-happens guest decision that SM (and despite what the desks say - agents) have no control over..

28 minutes ago, LesserJowl said:

It's difficult isn't it. I know it's not the same but I watched Eric Roberts the last two days walk past his "No Photos" signs to take photos with 100+ fans. Unfortunately though I don't think this, pre-show at least, is a SM issue, or even a GUEST issue, but down to their booking agents who decide this for them. I would LOVE to be able to know in advance whether a guest will give personalised autos or "desktop" photos but it really does seem to be an as-it-happens guest decision that SM (and despite what the desks say - agents) have no control over..

Ah that's annoying, I almost asked Eric for a photo but saw his sign and thought better of it. Shame. 

1 hour ago, LesserJowl said:

Yeah I saw another guest with a 'no posed photos' sign walk away from their table with a fan, after getting their autograph, and do the selfie undetected a few feet away. This would suggest that the guest is happy to take photos, but their agent or SM are telling them no. They didn't even have much of a queue either. 

I guess this all comes down to how American guests do their appearances at American Cons by charging for selfies. With Showmasters' policy of not allowing the charging for selfies, the guest just stick to no posed photos. 

Remember it's all about the £££$$$ than the customer's experience. 

Hollywood Show sold me un-inscribed West/Newmars in 2011 , they are fake as West/Newmar only insc at cons and ttm.....West had done so since 2005 or so. Recently Newmar sends out un-insc , this doesnt add up when she has a strict rule about insc. HS has been linked to Kevin Martin , buyer beware.

10 hours ago, 007 spells Bond said:

Hollywood Show sold me un-inscribed West/Newmars in 2011 , they are fake as West/Newmar only insc at cons and ttm.....West had done so since 2005 or so. Recently Newmar sends out un-insc , this doesnt add up when she has a strict rule about insc. HS has been linked to Kevin Martin , buyer beware.

I have a bit of difficulty understanding your post, but are you saying they sell fake autographs? (as I use the Hollywood Show send-ins quite often, I'd like to know if there are any rumors about)

20 hours ago, LesserJowl said:

I would LOVE to be able to know in advance whether a guest will give personalised autos

This. I had awkward moment with Christopher Lloyd's signing after asking if he could personally sign it to my name, was a bit disappointed that after the price that was paid he couldn't have spent 5 more seconds to write my name, or at the very least for their to be a sign to indicate this prior to avoid the awkwardness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _ItsWilliam_ said:

This. I had awkward moment with Christopher Lloyd's signing after asking if he could personally sign it to my name, was a bit disappointed that after the price that was paid he couldn't have spent 5 more seconds to write my name, or at the very least for their to be a sign to indicate this prior to avoid the awkwardness. 

They used to hang up signs for that as well though, it's a shame that wasn't the case for this edition

4 hours ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

I have a bit of difficulty understanding your post, but are you saying they sell fake autographs? (as I use the Hollywood Show send-ins quite often, I'd like to know if there are any rumors about)

Un-insc West/Newmars (Adams manager Fred was abso firm : "Mr West will only insc at cons" & hed done so since around 2005) , wrong Ward insc (he adds "Robin" or Robin , never 'Robin')

The Meriwether had burn marks (!) , what hand writing does that.....none !

This in combination with several sites makes me 100% theyre involved in criminal activity (autograph live forum , Piece of the Past bbb review from last yr where Kevin Martin tried to steal items to avoid refund , StarWorld yelp review where Scott M of CA lost 1000s - again KM (Rocky Horror stuff....funny thing is KM is alleged a RH fan , hmmm) & 2 items KM tried to steal from me and had a fence try ebay them but i caught the fence red handed.

I sent items to HS , they forward to KM in Vegas , KM had my items last , KM mailed me fakes

Elkouby has also had a fake Bruce Lee costume in his possession , same costume sold for 73k thru spinks 2013 auction , wooden nunchucks also fake as Lee used foam rubber chucks in Game. 2+2 = 4  

Whoever forges for KM does not get the details right : wrong 'Robin' insc , Shaw dated a yr after he died (and no fading on it or on the Elvis despite these been dead 45 yrs !) , Bowie dated '17 when B died 2016.....what clown forges these ?? 

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/gene-hackman-private-signing-hollywood-show 

HS has been accused forging several , it has been mentioned on reddit among other sites : Aniston , Swift , Eilish , Steve Martin , Newmar.....met N twice and what HS sold was way off , also SM is imo not real either

I cannot comment on their private signings , however i would def not buy from their ebay store or their website

Edited by 007 spells Bond

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/no-luck-with-piece-of-the-past

I would under no circumstances buy anything from POTP , his CoAs are toilet paper as he does not honor refunds

(Recently Newmar has been sending out un-insc thru mail , this doesnt add up as she was very strict about insc due to resale.....i even had to write down my name so she would spell it right)

Edited by 007 spells Bond

23 hours ago, _ItsWilliam_ said:

Yep. My dad was there primarily for an Andy Serkis autograph, personalised for my stepmother. He wanted "To (name), my precious". About half an hour into queuing he overheard somebody else saying that Andy wasn't personalising, so he immediately got out of the queue and went to buy a £20 signed Andy Serkis print from a merch stall downstairs instead. He said he'd have been really annoyed if he'd braved that awful queue all day only to be told at the table that he wasn't personalising. 

2 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Yep. My dad was there primarily for an Andy Serkis autograph, personalised for my stepmother. He wanted "To (name), my precious". About half an hour into queuing he overheard somebody else saying that Andy wasn't personalising, so he immediately got out of the queue and went to buy a £20 signed Andy Serkis print from a merch stall downstairs instead. He said he'd have been really annoyed if he'd braved that awful queue all day only to be told at the table that he wasn't personalising. 

Saved some cash aswell

Even cheaper with a charity event that was done around the release of Venom 2 through his best beginnings charity. I ended up with three personalized signed postcards one with the talk for £15 and donated another two lots of £10 and without asking got sent another two. I'd love to have met him but not for £95 I wanted to ask about the Ealing Studios building Imaginarium Studios.