New Diamond Pass System!

Just had the following email -

Hi Geoff

Thank you for booking to see one of our diamond pass guests at London Film & Comic Con 2022. We are very excited to be back at Olympia London and to be able to bring you some of your film & TV heroes.

We have a brand-new system for diamond pass collection which we wanted to let you know about. This email includes a scannable code that you will present when you get on site. This will instantly print your bespoke diamond pass based upon what you have ordered.

We hope that this new system will be quicker, more efficient, and environmentally friendly as it will reduce waste.

The location of where to pick these up remains the same as previously instructed and the passes can be collected at the Grand Box Office, opposite the train station.

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

The Showmasters Team

Not sure if it means instead of handing us the envelope with the 'Dog Tag' in, the SM staff will print a DP there and then, or there is some sort of machine that scans the barcode & prints off the DP.

Does this mean the end of the plastic dog tag? Will be interesting to see what form the new DPs take.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Serscottypoo said:

Thats how I read it and Ill be gutted to be fair as I like collecting the dog tags and I even displaying them with my autographs and photos

Same, so hopefully they are keeping the dog tags. As it's a nice keepsake to have at end of show

32 minutes ago, Geoff K said:

Just had the following email -

Hi Geoff

Thank you for booking to see one of our diamond pass guests at London Film & Comic Con 2022. We are very excited to be back at Olympia London and to be able to bring you some of your film & TV heroes.

We have a brand-new system for diamond pass collection which we wanted to let you know about. This email includes a scannable code that you will present when you get on site. This will instantly print your bespoke diamond pass based upon what you have ordered.

We hope that this new system will be quicker, more efficient, and environmentally friendly as it will reduce waste.

The location of where to pick these up remains the same as previously instructed and the passes can be collected at the Grand Box Office, opposite the train station.

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

The Showmasters Team

Not sure if it means instead of handing us the envelope with the 'Dog Tag' in, the SM staff will print a DP there and then, or there is some sort of machine that scans the barcode & prints off the DP.

Does this mean the end of the plastic dog tag? Will be interesting to see what form the new DPs take.

I'm reading it as you get everything on one tag maybe.  Like if you have 3 DP's over the weekend, they will all be printed on the one pass maybe? 

So I got this email this afternoon and was really happy as it SEEMED to indicate you simply show the staff (doesnt say where!?) the barcode, they print out your DP and your off...then below that it says "The location of where to pick these up remains the same as previously instructed and the passes can be collected at the Grand Box Office, opposite the train station." 

so..you still have to go to the same place to pick them up I completly don't understand how this helps at all?

Imo they should just let you show your DP to any SM staff who can scan it and let you access the DP que, get rid of the print out completly, they even say in the email this " more efficient, and environmentally friendly as it will reduce waste." 

Confused.com

2 hours ago, rick101 said:

So I got this email this afternoon and was really happy as it SEEMED to indicate you simply show the staff (doesnt say where!?) the barcode, they print out your DP and your off...then below that it says "The location of where to pick these up remains the same as previously instructed and the passes can be collected at the Grand Box Office, opposite the train station." 

so..you still have to go to the same place to pick them up I completly don't understand how this helps at all?

Imo they should just let you show your DP to any SM staff who can scan it and let you access the DP que, get rid of the print out completly, they even say in the email this " more efficient, and environmentally friendly as it will reduce waste." 

Confused.com

Presumably by having everything on one .... thing (?) it saves the waste of having numerous plastic Diamond tags and envelopes that they usually have to prepare. I would argue that the Exclusive DP Tag is listed as something you're supposed to get, as listed in the small print for the passes in the shop so they shouldn't be short changing people on that all of a sudden, admirable as the intention may be. I guess we won't find out until we are actually collecting them. 

can someone help me so below i think you pickup the DP at the box office circled in green, but where is this in relation to where you have to que? My annoyance is I want to be queuing to get in first for VQ's not going off to a completely opposite end of the building to get the DP

No description available.

7 hours ago, rick101 said:

can someone help me so below i think you pickup the DP at the box office circled in green, but where is this in relation to where you have to que? My annoyance is I want to be queuing to get in first for VQ's not going off to a completely opposite end of the building to get the DP

No description available.

First red swirl is DP  collection, second is the standard ticket entry.  Blue swirl is where I think the gift collection is.  So you can either get your DP and then go and queue to get in, or go queue first and get your VQ's and then nip back and get your DP's.  But if you go for the second, I think you have to go outside (make sure you get your hand stamped if you only have a day ticket so you can get back in), go to the DP collection and then you'll have to go in via the entry queue again.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

Will they have Saturday's DPs ready when i leave on Friday, or will i have to get them on Saturday morning ? 

You can collect them tomorrow if need be but you can collect on the friday as well, without entering the show.

FRIDAY 8TH, SATURDAY 9TH AND SUNDAY 10TH JULY

Grand Hall Foyer – Olympia Way – opposite Kensington Olympia Station Gold Pass, Collection and access to the show only for Gold pass holders.

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

First red swirl is DP  collection, second is the standard ticket entry.  Blue swirl is where I think the gift collection is.  So you can either get your DP and then go and queue to get in, or go queue first and get your VQ's and then nip back and get your DP's.  But if you go for the second, I think you have to go outside (make sure you get your hand stamped if you only have a day ticket so you can get back in), go to the DP collection and then you'll have to go in via the entry queue again.  

Thanks Raylenth im not that familar with the plan as although been several times I literally walk from the Motorail Car Park (P4) - could you tell me on your image where it is from there (sorry not asking much am I haha!)

Also where on your image is the big hall thing where everyone ques prior to bag search?

Edited by rick101

The main entrance is the one leading into the hall (where the lower of the red swirls is). Last time this hall was where we queued, but this year it's being used for LFCC. I'm therefore assuming that we'll be queueing outside this time, and that bag search/weekend entry ticket collection will be right at the door, as you go in.

When you come out of the train station, just turn left and there will be people there to guide you where to go, depending on whether you're going to enter the event, or collect your DPs and then enter the event.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Still plastic passes, but they're printed whilst you wait. Cant say it's any quicker. Especially if you have more than one. But at least we know now

I can't remember what they said in the post about it but did they say it'd be quicker?  I mainly remember the less wastage part of it.

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I can't remember what they said in the post about it but did they say it'd be quicker?  I mainly remember the less wastage part of it.

I dont think they said it would be quicker. That was just my opinion of the process

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm guessing also 'less waste' because there are always a handful that don't get collected at all, and they usually printed extras if they weren't sold out so if people bought them last minute there were still passes for them. Print-on-demand means not printing any of those

• Like 3