Guest Update - 4th July

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately Bernard Cribbins and Omid Abtahi are no longer able to join us for this weekend's London Film & Comic Con.  Ticket holders will be contacted.

Micheal Ironside and Graham McTavish are also now unable to join us this weekend, we have moved their appearance to London Comic Con Winter 2022, ticket holders will be contacted.

If you have a Top Gun triple shoot, this has now changed to a double shoot - ticket holders will be contacted.

10 minutes ago, showmasters said:

Unfortunately Bernard Cribbins and Omid Abtahi are no longer able to join us for this weekend's London Film & Comic Con.  Ticket holders will be contacted.

Micheal Ironside and Graham McTavish are also now unable to join us this weekend, we have moved their appearance to London Comic Con Winter 2022, ticket holders will be contacted.

If you have a Top Gun triple shoot, this has now changed to a double shoot - ticket holders will be contacted.

I hope vouchers for Bernard’s Diamond Pass will be issued before the event, as I can use them to purchase autographs at the show

Just now, dogsoldierspoon said:

Another 2 gone for me, it's starting to be hardly worth the travel. Shame, considering LFCC was by far the convention highlight of the year for me

I know what you mean, I've just lost two as well.

I know it's the nature of cons and certainly with Covid still around it makes things a bit volatile but still it's quite disappointing.

Bit like you this used to be the highlight of the year for me but have felt quite underwhelmed the last few shows.

• Like 2

Very disappointed about Graham. Luckily for me there are still a lot of guests to see. Especially with the many Star Trek actors (I only got into Star Trek in recent years, so my Star Trek autograph library is still far from complete). But I know people who are very disappointed as they are left with basically no one they need/are interested in.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

I hope vouchers for Bernard’s Diamond Pass will be issued before the event, as I can use them to purchase autographs at the show

Wait what, how? I could only find info that you could use them in the online ticketshop, nothing about using it at the show...

3 minutes ago, Liessa said:

Wait what, how? I could only find info that you could use them in the online ticketshop, nothing about using it at the show...

Yeah you can use them at the onsite Sales desk, so you can buy photo's with them, get auto vouchers that you can then use in place of cash at the guests tables.

• Like 1

Disappointed about Michael, been waiting to meet him for ages, hadn't decided what I was going to get him to sign (maybe a copy of Splinter Cell). Have to wait until Winter, fingers crossed I can go.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, LSM said:

I know what you mean, I've just lost two as well.

I know it's the nature of cons and certainly with Covid still around it makes things a bit volatile but still it's quite disappointing.

Bit like you this used to be the highlight of the year for me but have felt quite underwhelmed the last few shows.

I've always felt they should have backup guests if some of them can't make it that way there is still more choices to still meet someone else they might have an interest in meeting but SM never seem to do that maybe in future they could implement this? 

12 hours ago, whitewillow said:

Very disappointed about Graham. Luckily for me there are still a lot of guests to see. Especially with the many Star Trek actors (I only got into Star Trek in recent years, so my Star Trek autograph library is still far from complete). But I know people who are very disappointed as they are left with basically no one they need/are interested in.

Should have replacement guests don't know why they have never done that 

11 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

I've always felt they should have backup guests if some of them can't make it that way there is still more choices to still meet someone else they might have an interest in meeting but SM never seem to do that maybe in future they could implement this? 

But how would that work? You would need to book someone in advance, and then say to them, we might not need you, but keep yourself free just in case. 

I'm sure they hate cancellations as much as we do. And if they can book someone as a replacement they would

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

But how would that work? You would need to book someone in advance, and then say to them, we might not need you, but keep yourself free just in case. 

I'm sure they hate cancellations as much as we do. And if they can book someone as a replacement they would

Yeah i see what you mean that does make sense :coolthumb:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Yeah i see what you mean that does make sense :coolthumb:

They do to a degree, there's always people they can call on, but firstly, as Mfahey says you can't really ask lots of people to keep the weekend free just in case without actually booking them (and presumably therefore compensating them as well) and what if the back ups get work/sick/other?  Additionally they tend to be UK people (you need to have them relatively local so they can get there quickly and last min flights don't cost a fortune) and they are either free or not.  But chances are they can only get one or two people last minute and they might not be people you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

They do to a degree, there's always people they can call on, but firstly, as Mfahey says you can't really ask lots of people to keep the weekend free just in case without actually booking them (and presumably therefore compensating them as well) and what if the back ups get work/sick/other?  Additionally they tend to be UK people (you need to have them relatively local so they can get there quickly and last min flights don't cost a fortune) and they are either free or not.  But chances are they can only get one or two people last minute and they might not be people you want.

Thanks it was just an idea as i see some people were disappointed that the guest they were going to meet had pulled out but when you put it like that it is logical because as you say you can't just ask someone else to be on standby and even then they could also get sick or have other commitments i never really thought of it like that but i guess some people just have particular guests they want to meet and aren't interested in any others and feel like whats the point of going even though they have paid for the entrance ticket which they would lose if they didn't attend im just lucky that all my guests i have paid for photos with are still going but of course that could all changes as there is still a few days to go and as im going Sunday im preparing myself incase my guests have to pull out as i have four booked say if two pull out im still fine with that three i would still have one but if all pull out i wouldn't be happy but i would still have to attend and find some others for Photos and Autos and fortunately there are some other guests i can meet but for some other people they might not have anyone thats what i was pointing out but cheers for clarifying the reason :thumbup:

• Like 2