Robbie Coltrane - Cancellation

• Showmasters Admin

We received the following statement from Robbie Coltrane's Agents

'It is with deep regret that Robbie Coltrane has to withdraw from the July Comic Con due to his continuing ill health. He is very sorry to disappoint his fans and supporters and hopes very much to appear at another Showmasters event when his health permits'
CDA Agency

Ticket holders will be contacted.
  • Sad 1

Robbie suffered from osteoarthritis before a knee operation a few years ago and is apparently now confined to a wheelchair. He may have other problems aside from that. He seemed a bit unwell during the Harry Potter reunion, although at least he was a part of it. It would be great to meet him but I'm not necessarily holding my breath that he will be able to get to a con.

5 minutes ago, SirHarryPearce said:

I've received my voucher in regards to Robbie Coltrane, but when I try to place an order, I cannot see anywhere to place a promo code. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance for any help given

I think I need to go to Specsavers lol

5 minutes ago, SirHarryPearce said:

Yes thanks. I eventually saw where to put code. It only allows you to order one item, so presumably I will get a further code for the remaining balance?

Yeah, it's annoying, I don't know why you can only apply it to one order at a time.  You should receive an email with a new code for the remaining balance.  I don't know how long it will take, but I've seen someone say they got their new code almost instantly.

If it doesn't come through in a timely manner, contact the shop and chase it.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, it's annoying, I don't know why you can only apply it to one order at a time.  You should receive an email with a new code for the remaining balance.  I don't know how long it will take, but I've seen someone say they got their new code almost instantly.

If it doesn't come through in a timely manner, contact the shop and chase it.

I have noticed that you can still use the old code for the remaining balance. But you can only apply one code at a time, so it's annoying if you have a remaining balance and another voucher (e.g. Clark Gregg), and can't apply them both together.

5 hours ago, Roostavo said:

I have noticed that you can still use the old code for the remaining balance. But you can only apply one code at a time, so it's annoying if you have a remaining balance and another voucher (e.g. Clark Gregg), and can't apply them both together.

That is silly.

1 hour ago, andrewrolar said:

I hope this doesn't mean i cant use it at the show for 195 worth of autograph vouchers all in one go, seeing as they only do 5 , 10 , 15 etc vouchers 

I'd hope the auto vouchers on the day would be different as you probably just tell them the total amount you want and they make it up with the voucher value combo's you want.  And therefore there would just be the one transaction for the code for the full value (assuming you are planning to use the whole amount)

17 hours ago, ColonelRob said:

For anyone wondering -- Cash refunds are not an 'additional refund option' instead of vouchers, they are WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO according to consumer law. You are entitled to a full refund back to the original method of payment (which obviously most of the time, will be 'cash' via a card, or bank account).

Vouchers are fine if the consumer agrees - If you don't want a voucher and want a cash refund, that is what you should get. note that this has been tried in Court, when British Airways tried to refuse refunds and instead fob people off with vouchers/credit notes, and was wrong to do so. It's called Statutory Rights. as the company - in this case Showmasters - has cancelled the event / purpose for which people have purchased tickets, they should NOT be trying to fob people off with vouchers. 

This is really unethical from Showmasters.

When you purchase tickets the terms & conditions state that refunds will be in the form of vouchers so by purchasing and agreeing to the terms the consumer has agreed to it.

• Like 1