Latest Guest Announcement - ARTHUR DARVILL

Met him once a few years ago in Birmingham, such a down to earth person, sounds cliche but it’s genuinely true.

I’m really wanting to get my Series 5, 6 & 7 steelbooks signed, but I fear as he’ll be a popular guest, I won’t have much luck with a VQ ticket. I guess I shall see on the day

1 minute ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

Met him once a few years ago in Birmingham, such a down to earth person, sounds cliche but it’s genuinely true.

I’m really wanting to get my Series 5, 6 & 7 steelbooks signed, but I fear as he’ll be a popular guest, I won’t have much luck with a VQ ticket. I guess I shall see on the day

He is usually popular but at the same time he's not rare so I'd imagine he'll be busy but not impossible to get.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:36 PM, MAGIC MONKEY said:

Does he ever smile during photos with? Whenever I had one with him, it looks like he's grimacing. 

Maybe it was you. I had a photo with someone who was beaming in all the other photos I saw but in mine looked quite perturbed by my presence.

Actually, I've had quite a lot like that. 

11 hours ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

I see, so if you're paying him then he smiles. Very interesting. I don't see why it's so hard for him to do so when at the theatre and there's no monetary exchange. Other people I've asked have said the same thing.

I don't smile when I'm happy (and I'm a constant bundle of joy). The only time you'll see me attempt a smile is the one I've practised for photos so people don't think I'm miserable (and I've been told by more than one guest to 'cheer up'). 

I'm thinking you got the real Darvill, beaming on the inside.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, RyanHSaunders91 said:

I'm hoping to get my copy of Series 7 Signed, Regular Blu Ray of course, just gotta remember to get it in silver as i've learned Black on Black is a bad idea, he and Alex Kingston will be great to get on there as i already have Jenna Coleman (and four others) on said set its gonna end up with 8 if i can manage to get the three at i'm after at Con.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, D-C-A said:

I'm hoping to get my copy of Series 7 Signed, Regular Blu Ray of course, just gotta remember to get it in silver as i've learned Black on Black is a bad idea, he and Alex Kingston will be great to get on there as i already have Jenna Coleman (and four others) on said set its gonna end up with 8 if i can manage to get the three at i'm after at Con.

Black on dark background is a very bad idea. I remember meeting Jamie Foreman (Derek Branning in EastEnders) in Birmingham a few years back, and the picture I chose for signing was fairly dark and unfortunately he used a black sharpie. You had to really squint to see what you paid for lol

On 6/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, RyanHSaunders91 said:

Yes, I do feel that too. As he’s attending on Sunday, which is usually less busy, he may well be easier to get 

He’s attending on Sunday, so I’d imagine it’ll be a fairly quieter day than Saturday anyway. I just hope I’m able to get a VQ or just join the queue to get my steelbooks signed 

13 hours ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

Black on dark background is a very bad idea. I remember meeting Jamie Foreman (Derek Branning in EastEnders) in Birmingham a few years back, and the picture I chose for signing was fairly dark and unfortunately he used a black sharpie. You had to really squint to see what you paid for lol

Yup always go for colours on the opposite side of the spectrum for best results, and if the item is dark, use a light colour, and if it's light use a dark one.

That's why I prefer solid colour backgrounds as it makes it so much easier for signing.  As much as multi colour images are pretty, it can make choosing a pen hard as nothing stands out.

• Like 1