Diamond Pass

At the moment nothing has been said by Showmasters, but based on past events I would expect Diamond Pass collection on show days to be inside the queueing hall, before you go through bag check and entry ticket scan.

Assuming that Diamond Pass collection is available on the Thursday, that is normally from inside the entrance to the Grand Hall, by Kensington Olympia Station. Again, this has not yet been confirmed by Showmasters.

It may be a while before Showmasters confirm any of the above, perhaps not until the week before the event.

Edited by Geoff K

Just seems silly that unless you live near Olympia let alone London, whos gonna travel to pick up a pass? We all want to get to the event early to que I just hope its organised so you can collect your DP as part of that process and not have to go and que somewhere else as well! We want to be running for VQ's not queing again for DP's!

I guess the people collecting Diamond Passes, wristbands etc. on Thursday are mostly Londoners, people who are staying in London hotels, or work in London & collect them on the way home. It's one less thing for them to do on show day.

If you won't need the Diamond Pass straight away & don't have to collect a weekend wristband etc. you can enter and collect your VQs as normal.

Obviously you'll have to leave the building at some point, go back through the queueing hall, collect your Diamond Pass, and re-enter the building. When you do that depends on when you'll need to use the Diamond Pass to get your included photo, or what time you want to get your included/extra autos - whichever happens first.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I say, if you are only there on the day and want other guests VQ's, just go in and get them and then go and collect your DP's.  Unfortunately I don't think there's any practical way to allow you to collect your DP whilst still keeping your place in the entry queue that wouldn't also hold the entire queue up behind each person collecting.  Ultimately it's either collect the day before you need it, be in a group who can save your place in the entry queue whilst you go to the DP collections, or you go in and get any VQ's you need and then go to DP collections.

• Like 1

so basically I need Lloyd straight away as I want to get him out the way - this is my current battle plan! I'm not sure how popular the other guests below will be or do you think I should literally get ALL VQs before getting DP? The majority are back to the future and E.T cast

1) GO TO ENGLUND AND GET VQ TICKET

2) GET DP FROM WHEREVER YOU PICK IT UP
2) GO TO LLOYD AND GET AUTOS
3) GO TO WELLS, FULLILOVE & MCCAIN AND GET AUTOS
4) GO TO THOMAS, MACNAUGHTON & WALLACE AND GET AUTOS.
5) GO TO DAVI AND GET AUTO
6) GO TO ENGLUND AND GET AUTO WITH VQ

I can't really answer this one, as I'm not familiar with your guests. I would have thought getting VQ tickets from all your guests that have them shouldn't take that much longer than just getting one from Englund, so you might as well get all your VQ tickets at once.

I'm sure someone else who knows the guests more than I do will be able to comment on the VQ ticket situation, and the order you've given.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:09 AM, rick101 said:

so basically I need Lloyd straight away as I want to get him out the way - this is my current battle plan! I'm not sure how popular the other guests below will be or do you think I should literally get ALL VQs before getting DP? The majority are back to the future and E.T cast

1) GO TO ENGLUND AND GET VQ TICKET

2) GET DP FROM WHEREVER YOU PICK IT UP
2) GO TO LLOYD AND GET AUTOS
3) GO TO WELLS, FULLILOVE & MCCAIN AND GET AUTOS
4) GO TO THOMAS, MACNAUGHTON & WALLACE AND GET AUTOS.
5) GO TO DAVI AND GET AUTO
6) GO TO ENGLUND AND GET AUTO WITH VQ

Get all VQ's you need first as you are in the area so you might as well and they will only be higher if you stop and go and get the DP and come back for more VQ's.  Remember though as well that getting a VQ is not a guarantee of getting an auto.  Also it's hard to confirm your plan at the moment without having the schedule as it's dependednt on when people are in photo's ect.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, Raylenth said:

Get all VQ's you need first as you are in the area so you might as well and they will only be higher if you stop and go and get the DP and come back for more VQ's.  Remember though as well that getting a VQ is not a guarantee of getting an auto.  Also it's hard to confirm your plan at the moment without having the schedule as it's dependednt on when people are in photo's ect.

very true i always get hit by them being at lunch, talks photos etc and have to wait all day but thats how it is Also not sure if all those guests even have VQs are does everyone have it? 

I need 6 Christoper Lloyd is it ok to buy the other 5 when i'm there with my DP?

27 minutes ago, rick101 said:

very true i always get hit by them being at lunch, talks photos etc and have to wait all day but thats how it is Also not sure if all those guests even have VQs are does everyone have it? 

I need 6 Christoper Lloyd is it ok to buy the other 5 when i'm there with my DP?

There is a limit according to the small print when you buy his DP, as there usually is with DP guests. You have 1 included with the pass and you can buy a max of 2 extra at that time. If you want more, you have to get a VQ and re-join the queue later.

12 hours ago, jonedney124 said:

There is a limit according to the small print when you buy his DP, as there usually is with DP guests. You have 1 included with the pass and you can buy a max of 2 extra at that time. If you want more, you have to get a VQ and re-join the queue later.

urgh is that down to the handlers discretion is it worth me asking if i can do my 6 while there?

11 hours ago, rick101 said:

urgh is that down to the handlers discretion is it worth me asking if i can do my 6 while there?

They likely put these caps in place on some guests as it allows them to enforce the lower than usual limit if and when they need to in order to get people through, so yeah, I'd say that sometimes depending on the circumstances you might be able to ask if you could have more signed.  But that would likely only be if the guest wasn't as busy as they expected and there wasn't a queue waiting for them.

However as it's Christopher I doubt they will allow it, as we said he is known to be very slow, so if they allow you, they have to allow anyone else who asks to buy more as well and that could really mess things up, and they may be pushed to get people through as it is.

Basically there's no guarantee anyone can give you and the options you have pretty much include buying a second DP to ensure you can get 6, use the send in service for 3 items and they will get them for you, or get a VQ and ask if you can get your additional items at the same time (note that they will likely refuse as even with a DP if they haven't called VQ's and the number you have is high, that'd be an invitation for every one to jump the system).

So you can ask, but I would expect them to say no.