Guest suggestions

Litafan83

13 hours ago, Geoff K said:

Another good use for this thread is when a name is suggested, then someone else says why that name can't, or is unlikely to, attend. At least you can manage your expectations when future guest announcements are upcoming, regarding that name.

Maybe this thread needs renaming to 'Guests I'd like to meet', or something similar?

Guest's I'd like to see? Off the top of my head - 

Sean Pertwee.

Peter Capaldi

Good idea. And more accurate. A dream guest for me would be someone like: Helen Hunt, John Williams and Ed Harris.

Since the thread is back now, I will try to post my new message whilst also trying not to trigger anyone this time. I am still curious though. 

Anyway, though I am mostly into video games, which unfortunately don't get featured too much at these events. There are a few tv and film stars that I would happily pay quite a hefty sum in order to meet.

Also, as someone did not like me mentioning that SM does not include a-lister stars I will include them in my following list too. 

MY DREAM GUESTS 

Matthew Broderick

Joe Mantegna

Al Pacino

Lucy Lawless

Ioan Gruffudd

Liam Neeson

Hugh Laurie

Robert Sean Leonard

Hank Azaria

Steve Austin (Stone Cold)

Mark Calaway (The Undertaker)

Steve Borden (Sting - I mainly added this one to the list as a guest I would pay to meet. Unlike the other guests I know he does these type of events. He was in the UK earlier this year, sadly though I missed out)

My curiosity question is, what are the chances of any of these guests being announced? Does anyone know if they even attend these type of events? I will admit I don't really do much research on this and I'm only familiar with a few events. So anyone with better experience and knowledge?

I think its good to know these things to help lower expectations. 

Regardless though, those are my dream guests that, if ever given the opportunity, I would pay a lot to meet. Trust me when I say a lot as I have been there before. 

10 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Right grrroovy young man, I challenge u to backtrack all of Sm's shows to find the A-listers (all of them) which have been at London (and Cardiff, and Glasgow, and Milton Keynes). Beyond 2006 u may have to look elsewhere.

Two of your names I am aware have done conventions/signing events-but which ones?

Groovy young girl :P Though I'm not sure if I can call myself young any more :(

Well I kind of accepted your challenge but there is so much to go through and I'm not sure I have the time to go through it all. What also makes it difficult to search through so many different posts is the cooldown too, even when signed in. 

Anyway some of the posts I came across were interesting though, SM have certainly outdone themselves with some great guests over the years. One such guest was Brad Dourif back in 2008, man he really needs to come back. He has been on my guest list several times now. I'm not sure if one of these guests you were referring to including this one? as I forgot to add him to my most recent post but he has certainly been on my radar for quite a while now.

Also, found out that Lucy Lawless does do signings though, to my knowledge, has yet to get announced at an SM event. She is probably my most wanted guest as Xena holds a lot of childhood nostalgia for me.  

Otherwise I am not sure what two guests you are referring to outside of those ones. 

21 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Right grrroovy young man, I challenge u to backtrack all of Sm's shows to find the A-listers (all of them) which have been at London (and Cardiff, and Glasgow, and Milton Keynes). Beyond 2006 u may have to look elsewhere.

Two of your names I am aware have done conventions/signing events-but which ones?

Sigourney Weaver

Cumberbatch

Stan Lee

Edited by Raylenth

3 hours ago, Sassy1988 said:

Sigourney Weaver and Stan Lee were very impressive announcements, I'll admit. Maybe the only real A-listers so far.

I may be biased but I think it's fair to say Cumberbatch is an A lister.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I may be biased but I think it's fair to say Cumberbatch is an A lister.

What is fair is having your own opinion, for me, personally, Benedict Cumberbatch does not qualify as an A-lister. Maybe I just judge celebrities a little differently compared to others.

Dagney Kerr (Desperate Housewives, Buffy & George Lopez)
Ben McKenzie (Gotham, The O.C. & Southland)
Nikki Reed (Twilight, Thirteen, Sleepy Hollow, The O.C. & Lords of Dogtown)
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, 500 Days of Summer, Almost Famous & Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy)
Carlos Jacott (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Big Love, She Spies, Medium & CSI: Miami)
Masi Oka (Heroes, Scrubs, Hawaii Five-0, The Meg & Get Smart)

On 5/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, Sassy1988 said:

Groovy young girl :P Though I'm not sure if I can call myself young any more

Grrrooovy baby, although this isn't the 1st time I get called a young girl or 'Lady' very often. I use to cross-dress but that was a Loong groovy time ago ;):P

Edited by shakeYourGrooveThing

2 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Grrrooovy baby, although this isn't the 1st time I get called a young girl or 'Lady' very often. I use to cross-dress but that was a Loong groovy time ago ;):P

Interesting, a bit of a cross-dresser eh?. How did that turn out for you? :lol: ;)

Ha! I was kind of referring to myself, since I am a female and I assumed the challenge that you mentioned was directed towards me. My attempt at trying to correct you, sorry :lol:

Out of curiosity where did the term grrooovy come from? I'm going to guess you are an Austin Powers fan?

Edited by Sassy1988

On 4/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, Mfahey79 said:

Maybe even Drew Barrymore, covering Scream (briefly) and Et

she would be a fantastic guest for any convention to get, hopefully one day she will do some whenever she can find time around her daytime tv show, podcast, magazine, makeup and homewares company! 

• Like 1

Currently working from home, whilst listening to various music. 

I know getting musical guests isn't a strong point. However, I am also aware that SM has managed to get some big named musical guests in the past.

So a few musical guests that I'd love to meet is anyone from the German band Enigma (Michael Cretu, Andru Donalds, Angel X). Apparently they are now doing tours around parts of Europe. Unfortunately I cannot go to any :(

Also, Enya would be amazing too. Apparently she is planning on releasing new music soon, can't wait. 

Both are legendary musicians and singers with amazing music. I'm not sure if events like these are even interesting to them or if still being active kind of negates any possibility. Still it would be amazing.