Star Wars Zone Guest Announcement SHIRLEY CONRAD

• Showmasters Admin

Star Wars Zone Guest Announcement - Shirley Conrad

Appearing: Sunday

Autograph: £10

Shirley has appeared in Star Wars as a Hoth Trooper in Empire Strikes Back, in Doctor Who, in Little Shop of Horrors, in Superman II, and in The Great Train Robbery, and many more.

web-shirley-conrad.jpg.7413f1bdc31e2a91402bae12e933004d.jpg

• showmasters unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Having dug deeper it’s a little underhanded and a small lie that they list her as working on Doctor who when she never actually recorded her scenes (Blocks 2&3 of Shada for reference), so it’s me debating if I will have her sign my copy.

also funfact she’s the only member of Conrad family who never actually appeared in Doctor who, her husband, Brother in law (the only one they haven’t booked for this convention) and both sons have all appeared in the series.

Posted (edited)

Obviously, it all depends on how tight your budget is, but for me the key questions would be - will I get the chance to meet her again? Will I regret not getting her later, given she's only £10?

If you're reluctant to get Shirley to sign the DVD cover, with cast or crew who actually worked on 'Shada', maybe she could sign the booklet inside? Alternatively, you could get a 'Shada' related photo, or one of her, printed that will fit inside the DVD case, & get her to sign that?

Edited by Geoff K

27 minutes ago, Geoff K said:

Obviously, it all depends on how tight your budget is, but for me the key questions would be - will I get the chance to meet her again? Will I regret not getting her later, given she's only £10?

If you're reluctant to get Shirley to sign the DVD cover, with cast or crew who actually worked on 'Shada', maybe she could sign the booklet inside? Alternatively, you could get a 'Shada' related photo, or one of her, printed that will fit inside the DVD case, & get her to sign that?

But she never filmed any of the episode. We just know she was scheduled to appear in the episode. And that is all.

So getting her on a Doctor Who DVD cover, when she didnt work on it, is not something I would do.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't get Shirley to sign the cover either. If she's an included auto at a future Doctor Who Con I go to, I'll get her to sign the booklet inside, or a photo to go inside the DVD case.

Given the history of 'Shada' it just seems nice to include her somehow, even though she didn't get to film her scenes.

Anyway, hopefully I've given D-C-A something to consider - it's up to them what they do.

16 hours ago, Geoff K said:

I personally wouldn't get Shirley to sign the cover either. If she's an included auto at a future Doctor Who Con I go to, I'll get her to sign the booklet inside, or a photo to go inside the DVD case.

Given the history of 'Shada' it just seems nice to include her somehow, even though she didn't get to film her scenes.

Anyway, hopefully I've given D-C-A something to consider - it's up to them what they do.

I agree mate, there are no wrong answers here just personal preferences.

• Like 1