General Chat

14 hours ago, Raylenth said:

So for the auto area it could list it by guest type, Diamond & non diamond, and then under each list who to call when.  So DP Guest Call DP Batch 1, Batch 1-2 ect then All DP's and VQ 1-30 and so on.  Then you can list all the rules, like where Access go, what priority they have in the queue and so on.  It doesn't need to be huge with tons of info but a basic 'this is how this area works' that crew and attendees can refer to might be helpful.

They should put something like that up on the walls so the proletariat can see it. One for autos and one for photoshoots. 

Honestly there are some pretty simple ideas that would be easy to do and help a lot, and I've no idea why they don't get done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

They should put something like that up on the walls so the proletariat can see it. One for autos and one for photoshoots. 

Honestly there are some pretty simple ideas that would be easy to do and help a lot, and I've no idea why they don't get done. 

I think this event has shown they need to rethink how they deal with a few things but I think it was definitely affected by the reduced space and not having many viable options maybe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I think this event has shown they need to rethink how they deal with a few things but I think it was definitely affected by the reduced space and not having many viable options maybe.

Oh for sure, the space is always a problem and worse this year. Not their fault that less halls were available, but you'd think they'd just invite less guests or sumfink.

Ideally you'd get one dedicated hall for with all of the photoshoot areas, with plenty of room for queuing (and waiting). Also a larger area to fit all of the autograph desks in. Of course, hiring more halls means more expense, which means inviting more guests, selling more entry tickets, and generally just charging more.

Possibly the best set up I've seen for photoshoots was at a con that I won't name because I'm a good boy (but it involved walking and stalking). I believe they had an outside company running it, and they used a large hall with 4 or 5 photo areas at one end. Each area had several different numbered queuing lines which went all the way across the hall. There was also an electronic screen saying who can go to which line - e.g. VIP tickets for guest x go to line 8, regular tickets for x go to 9, 10 and 11. Or something like that anyway.

The flip side was that prices for photos were horrendous. Like, vomit-inducingly high. Also, I think the company ended up ripping a load of people off or something.

Swings and roundabouts, innit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Oh for sure, the space is always a problem and worse this year. Not their fault that less halls were available, but you'd think they'd just invite less guests or sumfink.

Ideally you'd get one dedicated hall for with all of the photoshoot areas, with plenty of room for queuing (and waiting). Also a larger area to fit all of the autograph desks in. Of course, hiring more halls means more expense, which means inviting more guests, selling more entry tickets, and generally just charging more.

Possibly the best set up I've seen for photoshoots was at a con that I won't name because I'm a good boy (but it involved walking and stalking). I believe they had an outside company running it, and they used a large hall with 4 or 5 photo areas at one end. Each area had several different numbered queuing lines which went all the way across the hall. There was also an electronic screen saying who can go to which line - e.g. VIP tickets for guest x go to line 8, regular tickets for x go to 9, 10 and 11. Or something like that anyway.

The flip side was that prices for photos were horrendous. Like, vomit-inducingly high. Also, I think the company ended up ripping a load of people off or something.

Swings and roundabouts, innit?

I have seen pictures of the set up.  It took a bit more space, but it worked.

• Like 2