General Chat

1 hour ago, HeartDT said:

Hi  got jeri photo ok.   If yiu go to enterprise prop area you go into the carpeted area where cloakroom is snd queue there and then taken outside where photo is taken.  Its under scaffold at bb enterance where 3 days passes etc went in

Oo, cheers for the heads up! We have ours tomorrow with her and was wondering how it was being done. :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Oo, cheers for the heads up! We have ours tomorrow with her and was wondering how it was being done. :D

No problem.   Ohhh forgot to say, Jeri's photoshoot does have a screen divide between but it looks alright and she was super lovely too.   Enjoy tomorrow.

4 hours ago, HeartDT said:

No problem.   Ohhh forgot to say, Jeri's photoshoot does have a screen divide between but it looks alright and she was super lovely too.   Enjoy tomorrow.

Oh well shouldn't stop me enjoying it with her the photo i mean :D sorry i shouldn't be thinking like that :laugh:

Speaking of pictures, I had a table one with Martin Shaw. But I didn't check on the spot and it appears that the person that took the picture didn't press the button hard enough. So it didn't take and I don't have a photo with him. I was told to go back and explain but it's fine. I have his signature - the photo with is a bonus. But going forwards I'll be ensuring I check on the spot as to avoid future disappointments. 

6 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Was wondering if anyone went to Alex Kingstons Danielle Nicolet and Claudia Wells shoots? And what happened with them if you can get close to them or not?

Dont know about the others but Alex Kingston was doing back to back photos

6 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Was wondering if anyone went to Alex Kingstons Danielle Nicolet and Claudia Wells shoots? And what happened with them if you can get close to them or not?

Claudia was absolutely fine on Friday. Leaning on tall people and stuff.

several Bond anniversaries now : YOLT 55 , TSWLM 45 , TLD 35.....Akiko , Rick Sylvester and (dare i say it) Dalton (i never thought Rigg would happen but it did......)

Barbara Bach & Caroline Munro photo shoot would def be cool :D

Maybe one day......

Edited by 007 spells Bond

57 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Deleting both threads about Joseph Quinn now SM? Not a good look.

Considering one of the threads was actually their statement about the situation just speaks volumes.

Also deleting the Covid thread warning people that they caught it at the show it pretty poor form as well in my opinion.

• Sad 1

Hello everyone

Its been a while since I have been on here I attended Saturday after much delibration and a last minutue decision I decided to bitwe the bullet and go Saturday I new it meant missing my acess pass process but I only wante da few things and thought I can handle the queues that day

I wont write on the facebook pages because at most they are toxic so im going to be suggestive on what was good and what could be done better on here as its a nicer community. As someon who has attended these cons since the start of Earls court LFCC  has a specisal place i my heart. Mainly becasue of being accepted for being a nerd, talking to like minded people as yourself, making new friends and coming away with a sense of being at home, this has wained over the years. I understand the popularity of the evnt and it becoming wider spread and the magic slowly startd slipping away to one I sometimes dread knowing how ill I will be straight after,, do i keep coming back yes thats my CHIOCE to do so and if theres a guest I want yeah I would come again

1) Firstly on the Saturday trying to gain entry to the building without my access I queued with all the general entry. At times I have brought gold passes but they have seem to have lost the worth in the fact you are still put though with gerneral, still have to wait in queues and no value for money I perfer to buy diamond passes and early entry. That being said you just couldnt get in the building took roughly around a hour and a half to get in the, they where slow due to capcity I do blame oympia and LFCC for this i would say lack of comunication on both parts. Due to the heat they couldnt let everyone in. In this kind of scenerio tickets should be sold at a capicity of what would happen in the case of an emergency situation and capped. Then opened to the general public on the day for oversales I know it means selling 3000 odd less entry tickets but in July middle of summer this was gonna be issue from the get go. Oympia should of advised Jason of this and that should been done long ago especially as its under construction

2) Once in lack of signage I spent a long time wandering round trying to find where I needded to be only to miss what I needed, A few maps dotted around was all I could see as I am now particaly deaf and blind it seems this wasnt for easiest to spot without having to try and squeeze though thongs of people. YALC on the same level as guests I got completely turned around and to fair quite enjoyed the YALC never seen it before and brought a few books to try. Yes I am not a teenager but I will read anything so it was nice they where easy accessible and made a difference in just buying from the usual stalls, however due to capicity I know they use to be on a seperate level to help with congestion, They should of had there own section away from where peopel where tryin to cross over to guests and photo studios

3) Staff and volunteers now I understand most are volunteers some where helpful and kind others dam they can make you come away crying. In pervious years I have spoken about disability and the rudeness of the staff making comments etc I saw an autistic boy being shouted out till he had a meltdown by a member of a Red shirt staff on Joesph Quinns queue and my heart went out to him. I understand there was staff shortages cant be helped but maybe look in to the reason the staff are not coming back. They need training, staff hand books and clear instructions in each section for what there doing maybe even an online induction a week or two before could help solve this issue especially with new volunteers. Its an idea and with such a large event spread on many levels this coulkd be an opportunity to help tackle the issues with staff not having a clue what to do

4) Barriers time to lose the tape and use what oympia surely has to offer metal barriers. I hate them but I hate being pushed and shoved even more. Microphones for the staff even the little pouch ones an a board they can hold up for photo areas, the ones that did make an effort to get sorted looked like they had an overal nightmare trying to get people to hear or listern. Some people may be deaf, blind,wheelchair bound, have adhd and autism that affects the senses need to start catering for all now.

5) The pie shaped signing hall was never going to be geat not all LFCC fault due to the work going on Oympia doing the best you can with the space provided, however the big named guests as Jason has wrote was out in the open so people could see and look at the guest. Hindsight I liked it but you where pushed and screamed at by the staff to get away so in theory a great gesture but your then screamed out for doing the one thing Jason has mentioned in his statement. If thats the case back behind the cubicles they gobecasue not only did it cause complete chaos it meant trying to get to the guests you actully wanted more impossible. Queues crossing each other over each side. Was there over sales in the diamond passes absolutley, Should batches be capped YES 100 percent. 14 batches plus diamond for Joesph quinn and prop photos this is a lot for one guest who has never done  a con in his life even to me Im exhausted seeing it all

6) Diamond passes i really hate them as someone now on a lower wage trying to work on lower income they have become the bane of my existance I perferred the days of VQa and batch numbers and taking your chances it gives everyone a fair chance of succeding, I am always in the mind that if it dont get them then its not worth crying about I can hope to get them another time I perfered those days much more because by the looks of it over the last few years even diamond passes arent getting what they paid for. The premium rate on them isnt just a little either its gettng to the point that it can be up to £50 etc for the passes. If so cap the rate at £10-15 max your still making money and being fair to the consumer.

7) Photo studios A and B where to close together and the rest well I couldnt even find the rest, to close to walk ways become a complete hazard and dangerous for those with diabilities etc., prop shoots should be constructed in a sperate area and accessable away from stalls, stairs, and the restaurants and blocked of if your using them for guests

8) I love the space and all the stalls on the lower levels, however the stalls between the two areas need to be removed causes congestion and should be more free flowing btween the two areas, im looking at a health and safety aspect if there is a fire, bomb or state of emergency they are blocking a vital entrance and exit  

9) No refunds just vouchers, its big no for me a refund should be given on cancelled guests I understand about entry if the people cancel thats your chioce to attend or not, your not giving loyal customers the chance to choose and having to use them at a next event. Now for some people they may not make it the next event just saying, keeping there money and making them use vouchers is what put me of pre buying for this event and doing so last minute

I think thedse points may cover all the issues here I personally went away with no photos or autos I wanted I looked at what was going and went this isnt for me I grabbed some americain candy, some brownies and headed of and decided to go see the play Mad House instead where I was front row at a bargin of £25.00 quid, i also got my pay book signed, I was very grateful I just found the whole LFCC this year stressful and a littl bit to much I rather lose my money and come away with nothing than try and hold on to the end of the day, I think this just made me happier and seeing the play and eating out was the better decision

Next year it will be a big decision for me to come as I do not like the idea of having vouchers if something happens thats my person chioce I respect others that do not mind this system at all, I mainly will come for my friends and the choclate fudge man

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

I wont write on the facebook pages because at most they are toxic so im going to be suggestive on what was good and what could be done better on here as its a nicer community.

It's a low bar, but I think we just about clear it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, LSM said:

Considering one of the threads was actually their statement about the situation just speaks volumes.

Also deleting the Covid thread warning people that they caught it at the show it pretty poor form as well in my opinion.

Oh wow I didn't even notice the covid thread was gone! That's so bad! :angry2:

54 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Oh wow I didn't even notice the covid thread was gone! That's so bad! :angry2:

I didnt notice either they should've kept it there not moaning about the event or anything surprised they havnt deleted the whole forum 

3 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

3) Staff and volunteers now I understand most are volunteers some where helpful and kind others dam they can make you come away crying. In pervious years I have spoken about disability and the rudeness of the staff making comments etc I saw an autistic boy being shouted out till he had a meltdown by a member of a Red shirt staff on Joesph Quinns queue and my heart went out to him. I understand there was staff shortages cant be helped but maybe look in to the reason the staff are not coming back. They need training, staff hand books and clear instructions in each section for what there doing maybe even an online induction a week or two before could help solve this issue especially with new volunteers. Its an idea and with such a large event spread on many levels this coulkd be an opportunity to help tackle the issues with staff not having a clue what to do

I know it's easy to make suggestions from the outside where I don't know what's practical or affordable ect, but one thing I have said for years is the fact that I think they need A4 laminated sheets for each dept with how it works.  They can punch a hole in and put a chain/lanyard on so crew can attach it to their trousers/belts/wrist and consult it when they aren't sure.

So for the auto area it could list it by guest type, Diamond & non diamond, and then under each list who to call when.  So DP Guest Call DP Batch 1, Batch 1-2 ect then All DP's and VQ 1-30 and so on.  Then you can list all the rules, like where Access go, what priority they have in the queue and so on.  It doesn't need to be huge with tons of info but a basic 'this is how this area works' that crew and attendees can refer to might be helpful.

I'm pretty sure they did get handbooks in the past but unfortunately you can't make them read them.  Having a laminated cheat sheet on them on the day is more accessible for everyone as people can refer to it in the moment.

I've also said I think video's would help, both for crew and attendees.  They can do video guides on VQ's, what may be the most likely outcome with headliners ect and they can post them once in a while so people can see them all year.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm sorry but the deletion of the threads is the final nail in the coffin for me.

Regardless of my somewhat mid experience (at least compared to others), the lack of accountability and sweep under the carpet reeks unprofessionalism, which is shocking of a company of over a decade of experience. The aftermath response leaves me with zero to none faith for if and when there to be an actual problem I'd face in any future events. 

• Sad 1

I was actually surprised the threads lasted as long as they did.

I can’t count the number of posts I’ve had deleted in the past -and for genuine constructive criticism too.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, SM put money before their customers and even though we’ve all sworn blind that we’d not give them any future business, the minute they announce “INSERT GUEST NAME HERE”, we all come back…not ideal but what can you do when SM have such a monopoly?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I was actually surprised the threads lasted as long as they did.

I can’t count the number of posts I’ve had deleted in the past -and for genuine constructive criticism too.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, SM put money before their customers and even though we’ve all sworn blind that we’d not give them any future business, the minute they announce “INSERT GUEST NAME HERE”, we all come back…not ideal but what can you do when SM have such a monopoly?

I wouldn't be so sure they have a "Monopoly" as much as they used to.

Over the recent years there have been other similar sized organisations / quality of guests pop up. Showmasters isn't the single big player any more.

Edited by LSM

This is definitely a very different company to what I remember from 2005-2010. Anyway - it's their forum, they have every right to delete whatever they want to. So.... OK. If a guest I want to meet turns up, I'll get a diamond pass, or a platinum pass, or whatever else. I can afford pretty much whatever they want to charge, to be honest. It's fine. But SM - if you expect me to pay top dollar, you'd better get your sh*t together. I'm willing to pay a lot of money, but I don't expect what I saw on Saturday. 

• Like 1