General Chat

Might try and get the bus the rest of the way to Olympia if the entrance isn't via the station end as would have to get off there and walk all the way down to it it's really taking the mick now what exactly are they building there? Must be something big if it's taking this long :eek:

6 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Might try and get the bus the rest of the way to Olympia if the entrance isn't via the station end as would have to get off there and walk all the way down to it it's really taking the mick now what exactly are they building there? Must be something big if it's taking this long :eek:

They’re building Olympia. Complete renovation.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Oh right but only the outside though? And not making it even bigger are they?

They have completely destroyed what was the signing hall at previous summer events and will be rebuilding it. I think they’ve done a lot of work on the upper floors too. They’ve installed a new aircon system around the entire venue and that’s all I know about, though there probably is a load more to it. It’s actually impressive that they can have parts of the venue open at all as most places would have just closed for a few years as the work was done.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Oh right but only the outside though? And not making it even bigger are they?

They are massively developing the plot, stuff like this isn't a short term project Laing O'Rourke gets £1.3bn Olympia revamp start date | Construction  Enquirer News

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, plucky said:

Getting out at Olympia overground station tomorrow, which way do I go once exiting the station for the entrance? Hoping to follow others but if no signs up it may be very confusing to most

Turn left out of the station. There are plenty of marshalls and a barriered path to follow. Only takes a few minutes. 

Basically with the building works and boards and scaffolding up, you go left, walk all the way up to the top where the main road is, and then loop back down the other side of the barriers to the entrance.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, DaWhovianGuy said:

Im also hoping there are none of my guests that you specifically need a DP for to get their autos and am thinking in particular of Jeri Ryan and Alex Kingston as both are DP and as i haven't bought a DP ticket

Got Jeri's today no problem on VQ and quite early in the day, but as is the nature of LFCC all can change and tomorrow will be busier overall. 

Hope you manage to get everyone you are wanting too.  :)  

48 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Got Jeri's today no problem on VQ and quite early in the day, but as is the nature of LFCC all can change and tomorrow will be busier overall. 

When I finally got to the venue, Jeri didn’t even have a queue! I could walk right up to her! Totally unexpected but not complaining at all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartDT said:

I'm going Sunday hopefully won't be as busy by the way is her Photo outside like they said and where outside is it?

Can anyone tell me who went today how close are you allowed to get to guests for photos and autos? As obviously there is still Covid but i thought some of the guests are more relaxed with this just wondering what the situation is with that now?

6 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Can anyone tell me who went today how close are you allowed to get to guests for photos and autos? As obviously there is still Covid but i thought some of the guests are more relaxed with this just wondering what the situation is with that now?

At the autograph table it's business as usual. Some guests are wearing masks some are not but I didn't notice anything out if the ordinary.

Didn't notice any dividing screens for any of the photoshoots either. Depending on the guest will depend on if they touch you for a handshake etc. Didn't notice big distances between you and the guest but didn't seem many people's pictures in fairness.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

I'm going Sunday hopefully won't be as busy by the way is her Photo outside like they said and where outside is it?

Hiya.   I get Jeri photo this pm.  Will let you know once I find out lol.

Enjoy Sunday. Fingers crossed for you 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marousj said:

When I finally got to the venue, Jeri didn’t even have a queue! I could walk right up to her! Totally unexpected but not complaining at all! 

I was same.  I just went to see how she was doing with dp and vq and got straight through as well.

3 hours ago, HeartDT said:

Hiya.   I get Jeri photo this pm.  Will let you know once I find out lol.

Enjoy Sunday. Fingers crossed for you 

Cheers from what others have said she didn't have anyone around her and went straight up to her bet it won't be like that when i get to see her tomorrow and she is outside doing the photos apperantly! Mind you her photo tickets are £65 so not cheap could that be another reason? I wouldn't think so but you never know anyway good luck with yours today let me know exactly where it is outside as they will do well with all the scaffolding etc 

58 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Hearing some real issues with entry ticket overselling, hope everyone got in okay.

I left for lunch but got to go back in for a photoshoot towards the end of the day. I'm keeping everything crossed that I can get back in as I'm seeing a lot of horror stories on social media.

7 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Cheers from what others have said she didn't have anyone around her and went straight up to her bet it won't be like that when i get to see her tomorrow and she is outside doing the photos apperantly! Mind you her photo tickets are £65 so not cheap could that be another reason? I wouldn't think so but you never know anyway good luck with yours today let me know exactly where it is outside as they will do well with all the scaffolding etc 

Hi  got Jeri photo ok.   If you go to enterprise prop area you go into the carpeted area where cloakroom is and queue there and then taken outside where photo is taken.  Its under scaffold at bb entrance where 3 days passes etc went in

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Hi  got jeri photo ok.   If yiu go to enterprise prop area you go into the carpeted area where cloakroom is snd queue there and then taken outside where photo is taken.  Its under scaffold at bb enterance where 3 days passes etc went in

Cheers was there a big queue for her today?