General Chat

21 hours ago, Marousj said:

It’s been a while since attending a Showmasters event! I have a diamond pass and would like to buy some additional autographs. Do you buy these when you get to the guest queue in question? And can you pay for these with cash? Thanks in advance! 

If you look at the small print when you buy Diamond Passes, it says there how many you are allowed to get but usually it is 3 autos (your DP one plus 2 more) and if you want any more, you have to get a VQ ticket to join the queue again later, which may or may not be possible depending on who it is. For example, David Harbour's signing time is a bit limited due to only doing mornings so he may not get onto VQs at all depending on how many Diamonds were sold for him.

Im also hoping there are none of my guests that you specifically need a DP for to get their autos and am thinking in particular of Jeri Ryan and Alex Kingston as both are DP and as i haven't bought a DP ticket just hoping it won't be like it was with Jodie Whittaker as i couldn't get her auto at the Spring LFCC as needed to have a DP ticket 

32 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Im also hoping there are none of my guests that you specifically need a DP for to get their autos and am thinking in particular of Jeri Ryan and Alex Kingston as both are DP and as i haven't bought a DP ticket just hoping it won't be like it was with Jodie Whittaker as i couldn't get her auto at the Spring LFCC as needed to have a DP ticket 

Jodie did reach VQ's, as I managed to get her auto without a diamond.

Alex is a fairly fast signer, so I think you'd be ok with her. I have no idea about Jeri though.

Just get to the venue as early as you can, go straight to their tables to get low VQ's and hope for the best. Neither are notoriously difficult to get so I'd say you should be fine without diamond passes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Yeah everyone was surprised at how many people Jodie got through, I think she did all the DP's and got up to the 300's for the VQ's.

50 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah everyone was surprised at how many people Jodie got through, I think she did all the DP's and got up to the 300's for the VQ's.

Didn't help me though :sad: still at least i got my photo with her! Do you think it will happen with say Jeri Ryan and Alex Kingston who will be very popular? :blink2:

7 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Didn't help me though :sad: still at least i got my photo with her! Do you think it will happen with say Jeri Ryan and Alex Kingston who will be very popular? :blink2:

Impossible to say, sorry.  As you say both are very popular, but they are very familiar with cons so I don't think either is especially slow.  All you can really do is get the lowest VQ you can, keep checking back and hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Impossible to say, sorry.  As you say both are very popular, but they are very familiar with cons so I don't think either is especially slow.  All you can really do is get the lowest VQ you can, keep checking back and hope.

13 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Jodie did reach VQ's, as I managed to get her auto without a diamond.

Alex is a fairly fast signer, so I think you'd be ok with her. I have no idea about Jeri though.

Just get to the venue as early as you can, go straight to their tables to get low VQ's and hope for the best. Neither are notoriously difficult to get so I'd say you should be fine without diamond passes.

One of SM staff told me it was only DPs that could get Jodies auto as i didn't want to pay for that i gave up but sounds good for Jeri and Alex cheers for your help :coolthumb:

53 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Just wondering if they are still doing building work on Olympia? As at the spring lfcc made it a pain getting in and out don't even know what they were actually doing with it :huh:

I didn't go to the spring event but there is certainly a lot of building work around Olympia. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I didn't go to the spring event but there is certainly a lot of building work around Olympia. 

Oh what it's still going on since earlier this year so looks like will have specific entrances and exits again and you could only go in and out of the train station entrance is it the same again? 

17 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Oh what it's still going on since earlier this year so looks like will have specific entrances and exits again and you could only go in and out of the train station entrance is it the same again? 

The building works are worse than in spring. The entrance is via a tiny door at the top of the road.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndyDrums said:

The building works are worse than in spring. The entrance is via a tiny door at the top of the road.

Yeah that got me. Walked all the way down to station to be told entrance was back on the road end. If there hadn't been someone by the door at that moment I wouldn't have found the entrance. No signs at all.

• Sad 1