General Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just wondering how the photo shoots work? I've just bought my first photo shoot with Joseph in the upside down set. Do you get allocated a time for this or do we just go to the area at a certain time and queue up? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks :smile:

1 hour ago, plucky said:

Hi, Just wondering how the photo shoots work? I've just bought my first photo shoot with Joseph in the upside down set. Do you get allocated a time for this or do we just go to the area at a certain time and queue up? Any help is much appreciated, Thanks :smile:

Check the schedule for when the photo shoot is listed. Could be multiple slots per day. They always start with Diamond passes (if the guest has one), gold pass holders then regular photo shoot tickets. Your ticket should have a batch number on it to indicate roughly when in proceedings you will be able to queue up during this period.

19 hours ago, plucky said:

I groovily should point out the Schedule is now available. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for replying :smile:

Looked at timetable and Joseph is only scheduled to do the one time slot for photos on the upside down set between 10.30-11.20 so even though I'm batch 5 will make sure I'm there at 10.30 as don't mind waiting about. Looking forward to this event 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, plucky said:

Thank you both for replying :smile:

Looked at timetable and Joseph is only scheduled to do the one time slot for photos on the upside down set between 10.30-11.20 so even though I'm batch 5 will make sure I'm there at 10.30 as don't mind waiting about. Looking forward to this event 

Just make sure you know exactly where the set is beforehand, because it likely won't be with the other photoshoot areas. You don't want to be running around at 10:30 desperately trying to find it. 

Hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

Hi everyone just wondering what the situation is regarding meeting guests autos and photos this year? Is there still a Covid protocol as didn't attend last year so don't know if you are allowed to get close to guests as i know its supposed to be milder now and i did read that it's down to the guests discretion if they feel safe with it or not is this right? Cheers 

2 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

i did read that it's down to the guests discretion if they feel safe with it or not is this right? Cheers 

Yeah, basically this. If the guest wants some extra protection they will request it, so do be aware that this is a possibility. Jeri Ryan for example has requested her photoshoots take place outside. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

Yeah, basically this. If the guest wants some extra protection they will request it, so do be aware that this is a possibility. Jeri Ryan for example has requested her photoshoots take place outside. 

Cheers for your help with that i have seen photos from last years lfcc and this years spring one and some of the guests are close to people and even have arms around them so really some are fine with the close contact now and in a way you are paying a fair bit for the tickets so i feel you should be able to get close to them but i do understand if some are wary about Covid still and don't want the physical contact! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlamingIdiots said:

When will the show floor map be released?

I am concerned by the lack of news on whats to be seen on the ground floor and no cars to be seen announced I've not been since 2019 but they've always had some great things to see.

No one can say I'm afraid as there are no staff on here to answer.  Hopefully they will, usually they do, it'd usually be around today/tomorrow that they released all the plans/schedules ect and they still have a week to do it, but ultimately we can't say if they will or won't.

53 minutes ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Does anybody think there could be anymore guest announcements in the final week? :huh:

It is quite possible. They did announce David Tennant half way through Saturday a few years back

Edited by Mfahey79
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It is quite possible. They did announce David Tennant half way through Saturday a few years back

I remember it well. My first con. The screams when Tennant was announced. The buzz. The excitement. The fact I chose that one moment to pop out for some lunch and missed it all :blink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I remember it well. My first con. The screams when Tennant was announced. The buzz. The excitement. The fact I chose that one moment to pop out for some lunch and missed it all :blink2:

I was just leaving the David Duchovny photoshoot and was making for the exit when they announced it. 

The buzz of the announcement was quickly replaced with the stress of trying to get a ticket and failing. And then checking the site in Nando's a few hours later. Finally managing to get a photo ticket. All that stress was worth it in the end. 

And he didnt disappoint despite how busy he was. Made time for everyone, that I saw anyway

• Like 1

It’s been a while since attending a Showmasters event! I have a diamond pass and would like to buy some additional autographs. Do you buy these when you get to the guest queue in question? And can you pay for these with cash? Thanks in advance! 

17 minutes ago, Marousj said:

It’s been a while since attending a Showmasters event! I have a diamond pass and would like to buy some additional autographs. Do you buy these when you get to the guest queue in question? And can you pay for these with cash? Thanks in advance! 

From memory, the answer to both of these questions is yes. 

19 hours ago, DaWhovianGuy said:

Does anybody think there could be anymore guest announcements in the final week? :huh:

At the same time, there could also be more cancellations, hopefully not though.....:whistling:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, AckAck said:

At the same time, there could also be more cancellations, hopefully not though.....:whistling:

I don't want to speak to soon about this and jinx it but none of the guests i have paid to see have pulled out yet but hey as we know with this anything can happen :eek:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marousj said:

As already mentioned, yes, you pay for extras in the auto queue when you get to the 8x10 table.  There is a limit to how many extras you can buy, it'll be mentioned on the pass details in the shop.  The usual total limit for busy guests is 5, but for headliners the DPs may be limited to 3 - the one included in the pass and 2 extra's.