Forum-Christopher-Lloyd-002.jpg.09baee4d29f9d9e9cdefb2e25d6ffa8c.jpg

Forum-Christopher-Lloyd-003.jpg.dbddb2e18698d5ccde1016dc2dae3818.jpg

Forum-Christopher-Lloyd-004.jpg.7d279c78b7c45186893208b3694c174e.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000502

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • showmasters unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

So a question guys - i've been to LFCC a few times and dont particularly want Diamond as im not interested in photo I only want autograph but I have 4 posters I need Christoper Lloyd on and plan to go on the Sunday.

My question is if I arrive early (like 8am to que) assuming i'd then be in the first bunch in, are the VQ tickets given out immediatly for Christopher and what likely wait is there for the first batches to call, as I assume Diamond all need to come first?

Just trying to estimate a time i'd be able to get to Christoper as I have a lot of other autos I need to get too

Edited by rick101

1 hour ago, rick101 said:

So a question guys - i've been to LFCC a few times and dont particularly want Diamond as im not interested in photo I only want autograph but I have 4 posters I need Christoper Lloyd on and plan to go on the Sunday.

My question is if I arrive early (like 8am to que) assuming i'd then be in the first bunch in, are the VQ tickets given out immediatly for Christopher and what likely wait is there for the first batches to call, as I assume Diamond all need to come first?

Just trying to estimate a time i'd be able to get to Christoper as I have a lot of other autos I need to get too

Yes, diamonds will be called first. As for what time he’ll get to VQs, I would say don’t hold your breath. Christopher is a notoriously slow signer and has in the past, not made it passed the diamond pass holders.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Yes, diamonds will be called first. As for what time he’ll get to VQs, I would say don’t hold your breath. Christopher is a notoriously slow signer and has in the past, not made it passed the diamond pass holders.

Just another question. I've always gone on a Sunday thinking its the quietest but in theory isnt Friday better as most people are at work?

6 hours ago, rick101 said:

Just another question. I've always gone on a Sunday thinking its the quietest but in theory isnt Friday better as most people are at work?

It can depend, especially on if there are big guests only doing one day but on the whole, yes, Friday is usually the quietest day, followed by Sunday and Saturday the busiest. And by calling it the quietest, that means in no way is it quiet! 

18 hours ago, rick101 said:

If you absolutely do not want to miss getting Christopher's auto, I would recommend considering his DP.  I get that you don't want the photo portion of it and it's  lot to pay to guarantee getting to see him, but I agree with Wrong.  Christopher has never been a fast signer and even with a low VQ there's no guarantee you will get called.  Don't forget that if they do entry properly as well, Gold pass holders go in first so will be collecting VQ's before general ticket holders.

It's always really hard to judge, especially as Christopher hasn't sold out for DP's, so you could be fine, but all you can really do is decide if it's something you are willing to risk.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

If you absolutely do not want to miss getting Christopher's auto, I would recommend considering his DP.  I get that you don't want the photo portion of it and it's  lot to pay to guarantee getting to see him, but I agree with Wrong.  Christopher has never been a fast signer and even with a low VQ there's no guarantee you will get called.  Don't forget that if they do entry properly as well, Gold pass holders go in first so will be collecting VQ's before general ticket holders.

It's always really hard to judge, especially as Christopher hasn't sold out for DP's, so you could be fine, but all you can really do is decide if it's something you are willing to risk.

Thanks Raylenth. I must admit I felt the same way about Robert Englund last year on Sunday and didnt have Diamond and I managed to get him even with long que and he is extremely slow signer just cos he loves his fans which you cant argue with!! I think Lloyd has a greater pull than Englund though possibly 

I think I will bite bullet on Chris DP Friday but last question, can I purchase 3 additional autos while I am there? SM on FB chat said I could but the terms say only 2 with the 3rd needing a VQ and queing?

Edited by rick101

21 hours ago, rick101 said:

Thanks Raylenth. I must admit I felt the same way about Robert Englund last year on Sunday and didnt have Diamond and I managed to get him even with long que and he is extremely slow signer just cos he loves his fans which you cant argue with!! I think Lloyd has a greater pull than Englund though possibly 

I think I will bite bullet on Chris DP Friday but last question, can I purchase 3 additional autos while I am there? SM on FB chat said I could but the terms say only 2 with the 3rd needing a VQ and queing?

Also, once I purchase the DP does this send me a numbered ticket that I can show at the desk i.e I dont need to collect anything on the day?

7 hours ago, rick101 said:

Also, once I purchase the DP does this send me a numbered ticket that I can show at the desk i.e I dont need to collect anything on the day?

You will need to pick up a Diamond Pass by showing your ticket. Collection usually opens on Thursday. 

6 hours ago, rick101 said:

sorry for all the questions went to checkout DP and its asking me what batch from 1-6 I want, assume Batch 1 means I get in the first called?

Lowest batches are called first but you can go anytime the guest is at their table to get your auto on the day of your DP.

37 minutes ago, rick101 said:

Sorry pick it up from where? I dont live anywhere near Olympia

There is a collection point at Olympia. In previous years it has been opposite the Kensington Olympia train station for LFCC but that may change. Don't worry. SM will publicise where it is nearer to the event with collection times. In the past it tended to be open from Thursday and throughout the 3 days of the event. Hope this helps. 

21 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

There is a collection point at Olympia. In previous years it has been opposite the Kensington Olympia train station for LFCC but that may change. Don't worry. SM will publicise where it is nearer to the event with collection times. In the past it tended to be open from Thursday and throughout the 3 days of the event. Hope this helps. 

Thats kind of annoying so you have to go there before you can que on the day? Is that even open at 7am? Just seems weird your made to go to the venue before you plan to be there

8 hours ago, rick101 said:

Thats kind of annoying so you have to go there before you can que on the day? Is that even open at 7am? Just seems weird your made to go to the venue before you plan to be there

You can queue to get in then go later to pick up your pass. Just ensure you leave plenty of time to collect it before you need it :smile:

• 1 month later...

Christopher Lloyd posted a video on his Insta account the other day apologisng he wouldn't be attending a con in Colombia this weekend (24th - 26th June) because he was 'advised not to travel', not specifying a reason beyond that. I hope he's OK and I hope that he will be able to make it over here in 2 weeks.

44 minutes ago, jonedney124 said:

Christopher Lloyd posted a video on his Insta account the other day apologisng he wouldn't be attending a con in Colombia this weekend (24th - 26th June) because he was 'advised not to travel', not specifying a reason beyond that. I hope he's OK and I hope that he will be able to make it over here in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope not I got a gold pass and only two diamond pass talks I'm even interested in now that William Shatner pulled out if Chrisopher Lloyd does too. Then my £260 that is already only using £160 in value will drop to £130 in actual value I'd be using.

When I purchased gold I didn't mind the extra £70 extra to get the benefits but not £130.

At least I'd like to think they'd get a video call setup which is something I've seen with a few cons in America and London also with a live video link even though it's an audience and a screen.

Edited by FlamingIdiots

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

The important question is that advice against travelling to Columbia, or travelling in general?  

If it's travelling in general, hopefully the 2 weeks to the con might make a difference.

On Chris's Instagram, his story today shared the original announcement post for him attending so hopefully this is a sign that he is coming. I would hope if he definitely wasn't able to come then he would have let SM know for them to then let us know, especially as there are so many things with him at this event with the various shoots and talks.