Jodie Whittaker Photoshoot

Sabine

Hello from Switzerland

I need your help or experience with conventions. I'll be in London at February 26th only for Jodie Whittaker. I'll land at 7.30 am at Gatwick airport and I will fly back at 6:20 pm, so I have to leave the location approx. at 3pm.

My problem is, that I need to switch my afternoon photoshoot from the afternoon to morning (11am-1pm). Because of Covid and all the travel restriction I was waiting to long to book the trip und buy tickets :-(

I have a Gold Pass entry. Do you think it's possible to switch my batch to the morning shooting? What do you think?

Thank you for your help
Sabine

I haven't been to a Showmasters event in years so i've virtually a newbie again.

BUT in the past, they haven't swapped anything because it can mess up the whole system. It does clearly state when buying tix, that if you miss your photo session time slot, they cannot put you into another, so I assume that will also apply to trying to swap for an earlier session. Time slots allocated are based on X amount of people per photo batch and how many batches there are to get through. Other con companies won't usually do it either for the same reason. 

Due to Jodie being so popular and only being there one day, the schedule for her stuff is already ridiculously tight without making accomodations.

As it is, the chances of non-diamond pass holders getting an autograph seems next to unlikely due to the amount of time thats had to be allocated for photo sessions. 

You have a gold pass so you will go in to photoshoots next behind diamond pass holders anyway. 

Tbh, I would say its going to be highly unlikely that you will be able to do anything about your situation other than try to change your flight home. 

I completey appreciate that due to Covid, it affected your booking arrangements, but unfortunately, that has nothing to do with Showmasters and everything to do with how you as the attendee planned your trip.

You left yourself no wiggle room at all to allow for any delays or unforeseen events that may happen on the day that could affect the schedule and sometimes that does happen. 

The fact that Jodie is pregnant too now could potentially cause delays as it could affect how she feels on the day and may need to take things slow. We just don't know .

Don't mean to sound harsh at all, and mean no disrespect, so I hope I haven't offended.

I could be wrong and someone may be able to help you better, but if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up and try to work on another plan.  Good luck though!!!

Edited by Lister_Sister85

3 hours ago, Sabine said:

Hello from Switzerland

I need your help or experience with conventions. I'll be in London at February 26th only for Jodie Whittaker. I'll land at 7.30 am at Gatwick airport and I will fly back at 6:20 pm, so I have to leave the location approx. at 3pm.

My problem is, that I need to switch my afternoon photoshoot from the afternoon to morning (11am-1pm). Because of Covid and all the travel restriction I was waiting to long to book the trip und buy tickets :-(

I have a Gold Pass entry. Do you think it's possible to switch my batch to the morning shooting? What do you think?

Thank you for your help
Sabine

With the gold pass, your batch number is irrelevant. Gold’s should be called after diamonds so you should be able to go in the morning shoot. If you have any issues, just speak to a crew member and I’m sure they’ll be able to help you.

• Like 1

Hello

Thank you very much for all your answers.

@Lister_Sister85: no absolutely not, you didn't offended, no worries. You're absolutely right with what you wrote. Unfortunately I'm not able to change my flights, because of privat matters I have to be back in Switzerland at Sunday. And I know that all is my fault, that Showmasters has nothing to do with my situation. I hoped for a solution that was feasible for both sides....

@Wrong Name: really? If you are right, then, you made my day!! I'll read the ticket infos again, my english is not so good...

Thank you

• Like 1