Re-Newbie...gold pass clarification.

Hello,

I have searched the forums to see if the answer to my question can be found but unless i'm just too stupid, I can't find it. So apologies if i've missed it.

I'm enquiring about the gold passes. Particularly, pertaining to Jodie Whittaker. 

Does a gold pass include a photoshoot with her and entry to her talk or are these still needed to be purchased seperately?

In the purchase listing for a gold pass, there are a few things that says the gold pass entitles you to that Showmasters confirm nearer the time, averagely 2wks prior to the event. We are just under the 2wk mark, so have I missed that as well? 

Just trying to work out what will be the most beneficial & practical way of doings things. Jodie & Mandip would be the only reason for me attending, I'm a carer for my parents so its hard for me to get away to these sorts of things but Jodie is just a must, lol. 

But since Jodie is only there for one day, I know time is much more restricted & could potentially result in not being able to get an autograph with her without a diamond pass. 

Any info would be greatfully receive :)

Edited by Lister_Sister85

No need to apologise for asking a question, there's plenty of us on here who'd be happy to help. :D

The gold pass definitely doesn't include a photoshoot with Jodie. In the gold pass description, it says "2 x Diamond Pass Talks of your choice up to the value of £30 each. These are given out on a first come first served basis on the day and whilst stocks last." However, Jodie's talk panel is listed as sold out, so unless SM have spaces reserved for gold pass holders you might not be able to go to hers. I think that would be a case of finding out through enquiring on the day I'm afraid.

Regarding photoshoots, all the gold pass does it gives you queue priority (in Jodie's case gold pass holders would go after the diamond pass holders). Buying a gold pass will not get you a photo with Jodie. If you buy a gold pass and want a photo with Jodie you'll have to still buy the photoshoot separately. 

The 2 week prior thing relates to two autograph vouchers worth £10 each. "2 x Autograph Vouchers to be redeemed against guests selected by Showmasters around 2 weeks prior to the event. These guests will be attending the event on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and will be charging £10 per signature at the event to non-gold pass holders, and to any Gold Pass holders choosing to purchase additional autographs from said guests." So I assume gold pass holders will be contacted to say who the £10 guests are that they can get autographs from.

As Jodie is only there for one day, getting her autograph will most likely be very difficult without a diamond pass, which are sold out. The gold pass gives you early entry, which may mean you an get a lower VQ for Jodie's autographs, so you should stand a better chance at getting her auto, but even then its still a risk that she'll get to many non-diamond pass holders. As she's not done an event of this type we dont know wether she's a fast signer or not. The gold pass will definitely help with Mandip as she isnt a diamond guest, and it will allow you to go right after the diamond pass holders at Jodie's photo session.

So to sum up, the diamond pass doesnt include a photo with Jodie, is debatable wether or not you can use it as entry to the Jodie talk (hopefully someone else can give better insight into that one), and although may give a slightly better chance at getting her auto is still a big risk without the diamond pass. One option to consider could be buying a Jodie photoshoot and pre-ordering an autograph. Although you won't get the autograph in person, you can still guarantee meeting her in the photoshoot and guarantee getting an autograph. As her talk panel is sold out I'm not sure if there's any way around that unless the gold pass inclusive talks can include hers.

Hopefully that helps, and feel free to ask if there's any more questions you have.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lister_Sister85 said:

Oh, sorry, I forgot to ask, how do I go about the pre-order for Jodie's auto? 

Thanks in advance

If you follow this link here, it will take you to the pre-order page.

Jodie Whittaker Pre-order LCCS2022 – Showmasters Comic Con Official Autograph Shop (showmasterssales.com)

So by using this, you pay for an autograph and SM will ship it out to you after the event has taken place. So you don't get to meet Jodie by doing this, but it does mean you'll get an autograph sent to you. This is what I'm doing as well, I've got a photoshoot so I can still meet her, and have ordered an autograph like this because I don't want to risk missing out on the day as I didn't get a diamond pass. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

So to sum up, the diamond pass doesnt include a photo with Jodie, is debatable wether or not you can use it as entry to the Jodie talk (hopefully someone else can give better insight into that one), and although may give a slightly better chance at getting her auto is still a big risk without the diamond pass. One option to consider could be buying a Jodie photoshoot and pre-ordering an autograph. Although you won't get the autograph in person, you can still guarantee meeting her in the photoshoot and guarantee getting an autograph. As her talk panel is sold out I'm not sure if there's any way around that unless the gold pass inclusive talks can include hers.

Obviously Dalek means Gold pass there and not Diamond :P  But yeah, essentially there's not much to add.  I wouldn't buy a Gold just to try and meet Jodie as it's a lot of money if you don't, but it's impossible to predict unfortunately so it becomes a calculated risk on your part and you have to ask yourself 'are you willing to pay that much for the Gold when you may still not get her, and can you afford to 'loose' that much money if you in fact don't.

Dalek's suggestion of using the send in service for her auto and buying a photo shoot is a good one, because that way you still get to meet her briefly at the shoot and still get the auto, even if it's not in person.

• Like 1

• Lister_Sister85 changed the title to Re-Newbie...gold pass clarification.