List of verified autograph sellers?

InsO

Hi all,

I searched but could not find a list of verified autograph sellers that visit these events or who have legit online businesses?

Buying blind to pay Beckett and discover its a fake is not great so any avalible 2021- 2022 list or recommendations (outside Showmasters' own shop who have been quite difficult to deal with as of late with no refunds and missing items)  would be very appreciated. 

Cheers all!

10 hours ago, InsO said:

Hi all,

I searched but could not find a list of verified autograph sellers that visit these events or who have legit online businesses?

Buying blind to pay Beckett and discover its a fake is not great so any avalible 2021- 2022 list or recommendations (outside Showmasters' own shop who have been quite difficult to deal with as of late with no refunds and missing items)  would be very appreciated. 

Cheers all!

I think it would violate the rules to promote any company who doesn't work with Showmasters I'm afraid.  Any sellers that attend you would only be able to find out about at the event I think.  Beckett do have a service where you can pay them a small fee to look at an auto for you and give an estimate if they would pass it or not.

12 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I think it would violate the rules to promote any company who doesn't work with Showmasters I'm afraid.  Any sellers that attend you would only be able to find out about at the event I think.  Beckett do have a service where you can pay them a small fee to look at an auto for you and give an estimate if they would pass it or not.

Well that is unfortunate. Shomasters have failed to deliver again and again on both pre- orders and items from previous events with no refunds but we can't even talk about sellers they work with that might actually provide a better service and deliver as per contractual obligation... Pretty sure that breaches UK competition laws.

But then this is a company that will block custumers on Facebook if they complain so why not here too. Very dissapointing.

PS. Actually I find this very bizzare. I was told no one from Showmasters reads these forums when I wrote about missing pre- orders and refunds...but now they do if we list companies they work with and can recommend? So which one is it please- they read the forum or not? Rather confusing.

Edited by InsO

2 hours ago, InsO said:

Well that is unfortunate. Shomasters have failed to deliver again and again on both pre- orders and items from previous events with no refunds but we can't even talk about sellers they work with that might actually provide a better service and deliver as per contractual obligation... Pretty sure that breaches UK competition laws.

But then this is a company that will block custumers on Facebook if they complain so why not here too. Very dissapointing.

PS. Actually I find this very bizzare. I was told no one from Showmasters reads these forums when I wrote about missing pre- orders and refunds...but now they do if we list companies they work with and can recommend? So which one is it please- they read the forum or not? Rather confusing.

The forum is in a strange place, like the rest of the world. The old mods would monitor this forum constantly and make sure the rules were followed. Since they left, the new mods do not seem to be in here much at all so it is a bit of a free-for-all. When they do come back in here, I would imagine a lot of comments I’ve read recently will be deleted and possible punishment for those posting. So both things people are saying are true. There are rules that should be followed, but there isn’t really anyone around right now to enforce them.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InsO said:

As Wrong says, I'm just stating the official rules, what you or others do with them is up to you.  This isn't a criticism of what you are saying though as it's very valid unfortunately.  I will say however that I don't think not allowing talk of competitors breaches any laws because they aren't saying you can't talk about them anywhere at all, just not here.  This is a forum paid for by them so if they don't want competitors advertised, that's their right.  In a physical world example, it'd be like walking into M&S and setting up a station advertising and telling people to go and shop at Primark instead. You'd quickly have management asking you to leave if you did that, and calling the police to have you removed if you refused.  Do it outside the shop in a public place, absolute fine, they can't do anything about that, but inside their premises, they can absolutely tell you to go.

50 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

As Wrong says, I'm just stating the official rules, what you or others do with them is up to you.  This isn't a criticism of what you are saying though as it's very valid unfortunately.  I will say however that I don't think not allowing talk of competitors breaches any laws because they aren't saying you can't talk about them anywhere at all, just not here.  This is a forum paid for by them so if they don't want competitors advertised, that's their right.  In a physical world example, it'd be like walking into M&S and setting up a station advertising and telling people to go and shop at Primark instead. You'd quickly have management asking you to leave if you did that, and calling the police to have you removed if you refused.  Do it outside the shop in a public place, absolute fine, they can't do anything about that, but inside their premises, they can absolutely tell you to go.

Fair point. However why would sellers they have at events be weirdly considered competitors and not partners? Also if you purchase from these sellers at Showmasters events surely they carry some liability as a sale platform (much like eBay or Amazon would) and therefore discussion should be allowed...or at the very least a list of those they work with provided.

If their mods are anything like their FB ones than they really need to update policies as "punishment" for complaints for example when custumers are unhappy just leads to mistrust and less custum.

It's just sad that fans can't help eachother find reliable sources of autographs because of outdated rules is all I'm saying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InsO said:

Fair point. However why would sellers they have at events be weirdly considered competitors and not partners? Also if you purchase from these sellers at Showmasters events surely they carry some liability as a sale platform (much like eBay or Amazon would) and therefore discussion should be allowed...or at the very least a list of those they work with provided.

If their mods are anything like their FB ones than they really need to update policies as "punishment" for complaints for example when custumers are unhappy just leads to mistrust and less custum.

It's just sad that fans can't help eachother find reliable sources of autographs because of outdated rules is all I'm saying. 

They have always had an odd rule about not allowing the sellers to promote on the forums, I'm not sure why, as you say if they are paying to be at the show and SM know what they are selling it shouldn't be an issue.  But I guess it's still a potential issue with stuff like send ins because it would be competing with their service, whatever state it's in at the moment.

May I recommend you use the very reliable service 'Nate's Totally Not Dodgy Autos of the Stars'. I, I mean they, are super convenient and cheap, and each autograph comes with a special guarantee of authenticity* so you definitely don't need to check with Beckett or anything. 

*Non-legally binding

• Like 1
  • Haha 2