Pre-order Issues

InsO

So it has been about a month since the show.... And we are regreting spending the equivalent to a half a month's salary on what we thought was a proffesional and courteous company. We' ve really enjoyed Showmasters' previous events so we thought it's safe to purchase in May for a Nov event despite the pandemic.

So we send in multiple items on pre- order, stupidly some were original posters, vintage comic and an original LP cover.

From 4 orders the two small ones for Jo Martin from Sep have indeed arrived. Thank you for these! Signed for mind and not special delivery as paid in our order.

Everything else( Alice Cooper, Ben Browder, Veronica Cartwright, Tom Skerritt, Robbie Coltrane, Nick Frost, Ernie Hudson- orders 1716 and 1795 )...missing. One item (Ben Browder vintage comic, meant to be a Christmas gift for a Covid ward doctor friend who has had a very tough couple of years) was actually sent out and has now been stuck in the post for 9 days with no update.

Now I understand you work with volunteers and the post is experiencing difficulties because of covid....but you are a business at the end of the day and you have our money. We have followed your instructions and send the no roll over email asking for refunds as we certainly do not plan on purchasing any pre- orders again. And since Alice Cooper cancelled as early as October then why no refund still in December please?

To top this we just discovered PayPal no longer allows us to open cases for the orders you have not sent out wich is very disconcerting. If you do not return our items, they get lost or you don't refund our only option is to report to the bank and met anti-fraud, which we really don't want to do as you have given us some great moments in the past.

So please don't tells us off when we ask for information in emails but refund our money and send us our items back. We think this is only fair. Thank you. 

PS. Funny enough we had a problem posting on here with the word refund in the topic. Once that was removed the topic went trough. 

Edited by InsO
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, InsO said:

So it has been about a month since the show.... And we are regreting spending the equivalent to a half a month's salary on what we thought was a proffesional and courteous company. We' ve really enjoyed Showmasters' previous events so we thought it's safe to purchase in May for a Nov event despite the pandemic.

So we send in multiple items on pre- order, stupidly some were original posters, vintage comic and an original LP cover.

From 4 orders the two small ones for Jo Martin from Sep have indeed arrived. Thank you for these! Signed for mind and not special delivery as paid in our order.

Everything else( Alice Cooper, Ben Browder, Veronica Cartwright, Tom Skerritt, Robbie Coltrane, Nick Frost, Ernie Hudson- orders 1716 and 1795 )...missing. One item (Ben Browder vintage comic, meant to be a Christmas gift for a Covid ward doctor friend who has had a very tough couple of years) was actually sent out and has now been stuck in the post for 9 days with no update.

Now I understand you work with volunteers and the post is experiencing difficulties because of covid....but you are a business at the end of the day and you have our money. We have followed your instructions and send the no roll over email asking for refunds as we certainly do not plan on purchasing any pre- orders again. And since Alice Cooper cancelled as early as October then why no refund still in December please?

To top this we just discovered PayPal no longer allows us to open cases for the orders you have not sent out wich is very disconcerting. If you do not return our items, they get lost or you don't refund our only option is to report to the bank and met anti-fraud, which we really don't want to do as you have given us some great moments in the past.

So please don't tells us off when we ask for information in emails but refund our money and send us our items back. We think this is only fair. Thank you. 

PS. Funny enough we had a problem posting on here with the word refund in the topic. Once that was removed the topic went trough. 

Hi InsO. Unfortunately no direct Showmasters people read this forum any more so your only option is to keep sending emails I'm afraid. I'd say send an email every week until you get your items back, because the service is just not acceptable. Anything they say about volunteers is just lousy excuse making - they're not a flipping charity shop. 

They have your stuff! They have plenty of other people's stuff! It can't be that hard to send things out!

Exclamation mark!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers natedammit. We still have not received neither items nor money back. We keep chasing as you suggested but no responce. If nothing by the end of Jan will just have to report to the police and go to small claims court. What a horrible shame they have decided to treat loyal custumers like this. 

I would advice everyone against sending in items based on our experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: we still have 5 items and 3 signitures missing although we did get another 3 refunded after multiple emails. However were extremely sad to discover that Shomasters have some very unethical practices:

1. As you can only open a PayPal case within 3 months they will keep you waiting so as to avoid this.

2. If you complain on Facebook they will block you from commenting and sending messages. Looking at Trustpilot this seems to be a standard practice with them. It is however extremly unethical and silencing complaints is not good buisness at all. What next? Block my partner, my family and my friends too? As we will keep chasing for our items and money back.

Guess they are focusing on the Feb 2022 event and dont want to deal with the issues from 2021.

Its just extremely dissapointing to see a company we have spent thousands of pounds with over many years behave in this horrible way.

PS. We are now told 10 months after we have had proof of delivery that 4 of our items supposedly never arrived. One wonders then how were they going to roll over one of them as they were offering a month ago? Too late to raise a request with Royal Mail of course (80 days from posting) plus their tracking shows proof of delivery.... So the £45 we paid for the actual items is just gone. We also sadly have reason to believe that they might delete this topic to silence the complaint here as well. 

Edited by InsO
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

So Jason G promised he will refund on Sat 5th Feb 2022 and send back the send-in LP cover at least. We agreed to wave the cost of the lost posters if done....but 5 days later and the promise has been forgotten. Sadly 10 months since we originally paid we are now forced to take further action. We have today reported this to Met Police Anti-Fraud.  Crime reference number: NFRC220205013795

And sadly will have to look at small claims court next. Just so dissapointing they would treat us like this. If they lost the postes you would think they would offer us replacement signed photos for those who did attend at the very least rather than just keep our money and the LP cover they found...but no such luck. Much easier to block us on Facebook and ignore our emails hoping we would go away I guess.

PS. After sharing the police report with Showmasters they have now refunded everything . So 10 months after the purchase and 3 months of constant email chasing led to a refund... But most of the sent in items are gone for good. 

Edited by InsO
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

im also waiting for multiple items to come back to me from pre orders from LFCC Summer 2021 and the elusive BTTF merch sent over a year ago, ive had one item back unsigned and the guess was at the event, no refund as yet though. i dont know whats happen to showmasters i hope they sort it out soon