Latest Guest Announcement - ROBERT ENGLUND

showmasters

Just now, spengler said:

Does that mean not many have been sold then, or they'll be 100s turning up at once?

Possibly the second.  They do issue batches even with smaller attended shoots, but occasionally there's gremlins in the shop, so this is likely the latter.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, Graphic_Delusions said:

I'd like to know who is applying Robert Englund's makeup? 

The last one was applied by Robert Kurtzman, a well known make-up FX artist, who worked on the Nightmare films, who also had a signing table. 

With only one week to go and no announcement, it would suggest they're scaling it down to an unknown random to save themselves £££? 

Thought you might like to know that Robert has tweeted out the following regarding the make up:

"Just heard the SFX makeup artist applying my Freddy prosthetics at the London Film and Comic Con (July 9) worked on two of my favorite shows, THE TRACEY ULLMAN SHOW and PEAKY BLINDERS. Can’t wait to ask questions about those projects. Sweet Dreamz!"

I know that doesn't add to much information but it's something.

Edited by LSM
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LSM said:

Thought you might like to know that Robert has tweeted out the following regarding the make up:

"Just heard the SFX makeup artist applying my Freddy prosthetics at the London Film and Comic Con (July 9) worked on two of my favorite shows, THE TRACEY ULLMAN SHOW and PEAKY BLINDERS. Can’t wait to ask questions about those projects. Sweet Dreamz!"

I know that doesn't add to much information but it's something.

Thanks for that. 

Sadly just what I had assumed since no official announcement from Showmasters. I guess Kurtzman wasn't available to do it all over again. 

I'm sure the MUAs are very capable, but I also worry that on the day his make-up will look a little off. Hopefully these prosthetic appliances come pre-painted and/or they've had plenty of practice!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jedi_Si said:

I had the diamond pass for today, and it said pre signed poster to collect at event.. I got a t shirt today and that was it ?

Anyone else have this problem?

Did you speak to anyone senior at the event about it?

11 minutes ago, Jedi_Si said:

I asked the person at the diamond pass gift pick up as I assumed this is where I would get it as it's a pre signed auto according to pass info, but the didn't know anything about it ??

Are you there today?  If you are go to the Info Desk, ask to speak to someone senior, or if not contact SM via email/socials and tell them.  I'd imagine they will have had Robert do extra's behind the scenes and you might be able to get one of those.  Take a pic of your DP as well to show the auto part hasn't been clipped.

I was told by the guy at Robert’s autos on Friday that the pre-signed auto was now an in person auto. I assumed they’d emailed people about this as I hadn’t seen them advertise it anywhere, but I guess not.

Edited by Wrong Name

On 7/4/2022 at 11:06 AM, Raylenth said:

Possibly the second.  They do issue batches even with smaller attended shoots, but occasionally there's gremlins in the shop, so this is likely the latter.

Yep was the latter. One giant queue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spengler said:

Yep was the latter. One giant queue.

Yeah, not that people were listening and leaving the shoot area's but so many people not being issue batches for him and Joseph wouldn't have helped.

• Like 1