Freddy Krueger - Nightmare on Elm Street
Willie - V

Forum-Robert-Englund-001.jpg.8f7d65e82282a8d69839c6825c0353cb.jpg

Forum-Robert-Englund-002.jpg.962966780fba8a4ebb12dbb487125d74.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000387

• 3 weeks later...
  • showmasters unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to know if Robert will be wearing the stripey jumper for the makeup and boiler set. This is the difference as to whether i book or not, as I've seen makeup photos from previous year where it was an lfcc top.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jedi_Si said:

On the Saturday I understand Robert will be mostly doing Photos, but will he be at his desk signing at some point? Asking because Saturday is the only day I’m going

It's a hard one as they didn't include guaranteed auto's on sat for the DP's presumably because they aren't confident they can even do them.  So they haven't outright said he won't be doing auto's at all, I think they probably just can't guarantee them so he might do some.  But given that he's a slow signer anyway it may be that they won't get many through and you'd need a low VQ to have a chance.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Si said:

Thanks, I have a glove I wanted signed might just use the send in service then

You never know you might get him if you are lucky, but I think it's a higher chance you won't , but as you can only do Sat I think the send in is probably the safer option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danno79 said:

I see his diamond pass ain’t available for Friday 

No, it seems the only options are the Elm Street one which covers Fri & Sat, or the Sat DP.  I have no idea why there isn't a Friday or Sunday one.  I guess it might be because they can't guarantee them with him so have chosen not to do more but that's just a guess

On 6/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, spengler said:

I'd like to know if Robert will be wearing the stripey jumper for the makeup and boiler set. This is the difference as to whether i book or not, as I've seen makeup photos from previous year where it was an lfcc top.

Be good if any of the Admins knew the answer here?

25 minutes ago, nvirtue said:

There pretty much aren't any I'm afraid.  They pop in once in a blue moon but that's it, and Showmasters latest ticket post said they are out of the office now so won't be able to reply as much

• Like 1

I'd like to know who is applying Robert Englund's makeup? 

The last one was applied by Robert Kurtzman, a well known make-up FX artist, who worked on the Nightmare films, who also had a signing table. 

With only one week to go and no announcement, it would suggest they're scaling it down to an unknown random to save themselves £££? 

3 hours ago, nvirtue said:

Yeah, havent booked it. May be an on the day booking subject to jumper confirmation. I've got a feeling as it says makeup, it will be just that (and the glove that Robert brings).

Edited by spengler

2 hours ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

I'd like to know who is applying Robert Englund's makeup? 

The last one was applied by Robert Kurtzman, a well known make-up FX artist, who worked on the Nightmare films, who also had a signing table. 

With only one week to go and no announcement, it would suggest they're scaling it down to an unknown random to save themselves £££? 

I have asked this exact question about the make up as well as if he's wearing a jumper directly on Twitter under their post about Robert as well as to Jason directly on a Facebook group with no reply whatsoever.

It leads me to believe that either a) They don't know, or b) he won't be in a jumper and we're not being told.

That's a real shame as I was tempted by the boiler room photo but with the lack of information / clarification being offered I'm not willing to part with my money.

I was lucky to get the makeup shoot the last time however was disappointed that Robert was wearing a LFCC T-Shirt. Sort of took away the mystic a bit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSM said:

I have asked this exact question about the make up as well as if he's wearing a jumper directly on Twitter under their post about Robert as well as to Jason directly on a Facebook group with no reply whatsoever.

It leads me to believe that either a) They don't know, or b) he won't be in a jumper and we're not being told.

That's a real shame as I was tempted by the boiler room photo but with the lack of information / clarification being offered I'm not willing to part with my money.

I was lucky to get the makeup shoot the last time however was disappointed that Robert was wearing a LFCC T-Shirt. Sort of took away the mystic a bit. 

It's a pretty safe bet that Robert won't have the stripey top on. He has always said it's a celebratory occasion for the Freddy makeup and not to confuse him as a Freddy cosplayer. 

Also probably under agreement to wear the event logo T-Shirt as this will give Showmasters plenty of free publicity (via people posting on social media, and news articles). 

I don't mind either way, but I do mind not having a reputable artist to apply his last ever Freddy makeup. 

7 hours ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

It's a pretty safe bet that Robert won't have the stripey top on. He has always said it's a celebratory occasion for the Freddy makeup and not to confuse him as a Freddy cosplayer. 

Also probably under agreement to wear the event logo T-Shirt as this will give Showmasters plenty of free publicity (via people posting on social media, and news articles). 

I don't mind either way, but I do mind not having a reputable artist to apply his last ever Freddy makeup. 

A very logical response regarding the jumper so yeah as you said I would suspect now he won't be wearing it.

I can understand the logo t-shirt from a business point of view for Showmasters for the exact reason you said about publicity however I do know quite a few people were left deflated a bit when they saw him in the t-shirt.

Thankfully I was able to get around the t-shirt issue by asking Robert to creep up behind me over my shoulder. It made for a great photo and the shirt wasn't visible.

I'm in complete agreement with regards to the make up and not knowing who's doing it as well. Quite frustrating and disappointing.

I think all in all I'm going to save my money on this one as I got a pretty good photo out of it last time and I'm not too sure what to expect this time around.

i am just thankful, he is still going. don't want to jinx, but the amount of celebs who cancel after you buy your ticket has been pretty abhorrent for me in the past.

very much looking forward to getting robert to sign my poster, dressed as freddy. Very cool.

1 hour ago, spengler said:

Not that I'm caving in to a boiler photo :laugh:, but just wondering why when you look at the Robert Englund tickets at the payment stage it doesn't show a batch number to choose.

Yesterday I also bought a boiler room photo for Saturday, but I wasn’t able to select a batch. And there’s no batch number on my ticket. So not sure what time it is?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Naboo79 said:

Yesterday I also bought a boiler room photo for Saturday, but I wasn’t able to select a batch. And there’s no batch number on my ticket. So not sure what time it is?

Odd. Its quite along time for the photo shoot too, so am guessing a lot have been sold.

13 hours ago, Naboo79 said:

Just go at the start, when there's no batch numbers they used to regard them a 0 or 1