Guest Appreciation Thread

Jhamm

Let's hear all the good stuff about the guests people met. I've missed these threads.

Natalia tena is wonderful. Was super enthusiastic about my Potter poster and made my niece's day by signing her Tonks drawing in her sketchbook.

Simon McBurney was a gent and has a fantastic beard. He signed my poster too.

Jason O'Mara was fantastic and we had a good chat about Band of Brothers. He was excited about my band of brothers poster. It's not very often I go straight onto social media after meeting a guest and follow them. I did with him.

Lance Henrikson was the highlight of my day though. WOW! Fantastic guy. Resigned a dvd cover which was a Christmas gift for a friend (after some of the showmasters crew helped me out and arranged it to be redone as it was all smudged and the ink wouldn't dry! Those guys were fantastic and I HAD to mention them. Thanks again!) Lance then told me to grab a photo (as he doesn't like signing dvd covers) and gave me a free auto as well. Absolutely wonderful man.

As usual I just want to heap loads of praise on Robert Englund. I managed to get him on Friday and had an image from Phantom of the Opera to sign. He loved it and we spent a good five minutes or so talking about the film and how he hadn't seen that still before. (Apologies to anyone for holding up the line). Consistently one of my favourites, I had another photoshoot with him and we did a non Freddy pose for the first time. Also well done to Showmasters regarding the plexiglass and black background. Probably the best example I've seen where it's virtually hidden.

Top marks also for George Takei. Knowing he was signing for a limited time I made it to first in the autograph queue yesterday. George as always was lovely, took time with each item I had (3 in total) and personalised as well as adding a couple of character names as well. Both he and his husband Brad are simply lovely.

I also want to acknowledge Joey Cramer. Such a personable person he was chatty and engaging with everyone who came to meet him and he looked like he was enjoying himself. Great bloke.

• Like 1

I have to say every guest I met this weekend was lovely, so list below not totally exhaustive.

Appreciation for....

Robert Patrick      lovely chat at autograph table and was fun and engaged in photoshoot as well.   Great fun guest

George Takei     lovely man.  Manahed to get his auto fairly easily even tho he was reduced hours and he was so sweet and a lovely chat at auto.   He was same again in photo.  Love my photo with him.

John Wesley Shipp     i was so looking forward to meeting him after he had to cancel the last time and it was worth the wait.  What a lovely lovely man both at auto and photo.  Also noticed how engaged he was with anyone at his auto table anytime i walked by.  

Sandra Dickinson    met her late Sunday and she was so sweet.  Shared some interesting stories and chatted away for ages as it was quiet.  Total sweetheart.

Ben Browder      such a nice guy.  Great chat, so approachable and friendly.  Great guest.

Marina Sirtis    lovely lady.   Even remembered me at photoshoot from first meeting at auto.   

Lastly,  Brian Blessed.     What a character.  Was really sweet at photoshoot. Managed to get his auto and although could tell he was starting to flag a bit (understandale) he was still full of fun and had me giggling and smiling and i love his dedication on my auto.

• Like 1

Mark Boone Jnr for me was amazing. Spent about 15 mins with him at the start chatting about everything SOA. I saw him around the venue about two or three times and he remembered my name each time and again at the photo. Went to say goodbye to him and got chatting again for 10 mins or so. Lovely guy.

Kim Coates - EPIC

Tommy Flanagan - Lovely but I was so starstruck by him that I just couldn’t think of anything to say! Came across shyer than I thought one on one. Still a dream to meet though! 

Staz Nair - ran over the say hi as we share the same birthday. He was lovely, very friendly and super chatty

Robert Patrick - gave me some of his haribo’s (!) and just seemed to want to talk to everyone. Surreal moment but such a nice guy! 

My favourite con so far hands down. 

• Like 1

Liam Garrigan was very nice and were the signs not up there and everywhere I'd have had a photo with him. He was very chatty about his work on 'Pillars of the Earth'. He was reminiscing quite a bit. Almost like having a cuppa tea and biscuits with someone whilst they tell their life story.

Mark Rolston was very chatty with everyone. He was one of the few willing to have a table photo with. The only downside is that I didn't have a proper camera to take a photo with, so I unfortunately passed on that. He talked to 3 of us at once before signing. Not factory line here. Very willing to interact with everyone.

Ming Na Wen, my only issue is the security with her. He said to stand back when I was having a conversation with her. I think he was somewhat feeling put out that I was conversing with her in a language other than English. Ming was nice, she was also accommodating about signing her name in Chinese characters. 

Daniel Naporous was very intrigued by a Darth Vader book I brought for him to sign. It was a jokey self help book with lots of Star Wars quotes. But he commented as did the person next to him that it was more like a 'management style' book. 

Lee Stringer was very enthusiastic talking about his work. Signed my DVD cover for nothing which I have to say was a surprise. 

John Welsey Shipp and Barry Bostwick, again cuppa tea and biscuits with them. Barry Bostwick was surprised to see on my RHPS pamphlet I have Susan Saradon. So I relayed the story to him about how I managed to meet her by coincidence and have the item on my persona when I did so. 

Harry Manfredini, I was pleased to see he brought some CD's with him. I was wanting to get one before the con, but couldn't find the OST to the first film at a reasonable price. Whilst he was signing my DVD cover he said to get the CD cover out of the packaging. He mentioned about the CD cover being 'busy' and was going to use a white pen. But then I gave him my gold one and all worked out fine. 

There were other people I went for, but these are the only ones that I felt I had a 'meaningful' interaction with.