It's Good To Be Back!

20211120_152505

It's been a brief visit for me but it's good to be back. 

I had no problems getting in. But that may be because I was slightly later than usual. Once in everything seemed well organised. Quieter than I was expecting. 

Just the one photo session with Nick Frost - very funny man.

Some additions to my TARDIS book  - Sacha Dhawan, Christopher Eccleston and Bonnie Langford. All very chatty and enjoying being there. Likewise for Marina Sirtis and George Takei. They were all a real pleasure to meet. 

Big thanks to the crew for all your hard work making this happen in a safe environment. Look forward to bigger and better next year. :D

• Like 8

Just got home from a very tiring day, but looking forward to tomorrow.

Had to stay a lot longer than I thought I would as my last photoshoot wasn’t until 5:45pm! By which time, the hall was almost deserted. All the guests I saw were fantastic and really friendly and the lack of crowds meant I could spend a bit more time talking to the guests than I would normally be allowed, which was great.

Had 4 photoshoots, 2 with a plexiglass screen and 2 without. Was really pleased that the shoots with the screen were done against a black background, and the edge of the screen also had black tape down it, meaning it was basically invisible in the final photo.

Personally, I loved the smaller show. The vastly reduced crowd numbers made for a very pleasant experience, and the photoshoot areas were well organised without the massive scrum that invariably happens when there are large numbers. I pre-ordered a couple of autographs for 2 of the more popular guests, thinking it would save me rushing around trying to get everything, but in a way I regret it now as there was ample time for me to have got the autographs personally.

If I was to change one thing, it would be to get more trade stands in. The spacing between the rows was huge, and I’m sure another row could have been inserted without really affecting the social distancing.

Roll on tomorrow!

Edited by melliott1963
  • Like 1

Had a great time yesterday and looking forward to today. My only comment would be it would have been helpful to know that any plexi screen photos would be taken on a black background so I could’ve worn something different as I had a black top on! 

• Like 1