Guest Cancellations

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately due to work commitments we have been informed that the following guests can now no longer make London Film & Comic Con this weekend

Aaron Paul, Riz Ahmed and Guy Henry

Vouchers will be issued for Photo Shoot and Diamond Pass tickets as applicable, in the next few days.

Guests now moving to London Comic Con Spring are as follows

Anna-Louise Plowman, Jack McKenzie, Bernard Cribbins, Cinta De Oro and Mark Pellegrino

Photo Shoot tickets will automatically move to the spring event.

Just emailed shop about guest i had moved to spring which i cannot attend so requesting vouchers - auto reply from sm saying wont hear anything until 22nd nov earliest, so dont expect quick reply or to have vouchers in time to use for this weekend.

• Like 1

And now Robert's Freddy in full costume with boiler house set photo shoot is cancelled, sorry "postponed". I know this and other matters are out of Showmasters' control but I'm now down to two guests, one on Friday & one on Saturday and it all feels like a hassle, what with having to get in and out of London, early, two days on the trot. 

• Like 1

Those terms posted don't actually say they won't give a refund, just that they don't automatically give them any more, instead they have the voucher scheme. Although they don't explicitly say that they will give refunds either, they will if asked (and hopefully after things have calmed down after this weekend they'll be quicker doing so).

• Haha 1

Has anyone had any experience of "postponed" photoshoots. In the old days refunds would be processed when the cancellation came through. Now the cancellations don't come through until the eve of the event. Not complaining as what is the point "go for the con and not the guests" is the mantra. Then obviously for survival reasons they stopped doing refunds which is triggering a lot of (quite right) hostile reactions to their events. In my case I actually would like vouchers but will I just be met by volunteers who don't have a clue what I am waffling about or has anyone actually had vouchers given on the day?? 

Sidenote I laugh at the "no refund / no transfer" yet my Robert Englund shoot is transferred without my consent so they can keep the interest rate for a year! I think not good people, I really think not!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MightyM said:

Has anyone had any experience of "postponed" photoshoots. In the old days refunds would be processed when the cancellation came through. Now the cancellations don't come through until the eve of the event. Not complaining as what is the point "go for the con and not the guests" is the mantra. Then obviously for survival reasons they stopped doing refunds which is triggering a lot of (quite right) hostile reactions to their events. In my case I actually would like vouchers but will I just be met by volunteers who don't have a clue what I am waffling about or has anyone actually had vouchers given on the day?? 

Sidenote I laugh at the "no refund / no transfer" yet my Robert Englund shoot is transferred without my consent so they can keep the interest rate for a year! I think not good people, I really think not!

Photoshoot tickets will be postponed to use again next year. For any vouchers issued, these are currently to be used online on the Eventbrite shop or redeemed for cash vouchers (to be used for autographs) at the event. These can be obtained at the sales desk.

Edited by krisieeh

I can't say where as there's been too much going on the last few days, but it's worth noting that in other groups, people who seem to be speaking from an informed position have said the vouchers can be used at the sales desk, so they may want to be prepared for people having been told they could use them there.

Edited by krisieeh
Amended post.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I can't say where as there's been too much going on the last few days, but it's worth noting that in other groups, people who seem to be speaking from an informed position have said the vouchers can be used at the sales desk, so they may want to be prepared for people having been told they could use them there

Just for clarity, I have deleted our previous chain of replies to avoid any confusion for others. But I can confirm that you are correct (and I have amended my original post). Sorry about that!

The digital vouchers CAN be redeemed for cash vouchers (to be used for autographs). These can be redeemed at the sales desk.

Edited by krisieeh
  • Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Has Christpher Eccleston cancellex?   Someone told us yesterday in photo queue for Nother queat that he had but cant see anywhere to confirm?

Sorry if i am missing it.

Tia

Sorry, I don’t know who told you that. 

I’ve just double checked with the organiser’s and Mr. Eccleston is still scheduled to attend. 

Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...