Latest Guest Announcement - RYAN HURST

showmasters

Ouch.  It does happen occasionally.  Most egregious example I can remember is from several years back, when C Thomas Howell (£15) was sitting next to Ralph Macchio (£25).  Howell was clearly peeved at this 'slight' and by mid-morning his price had 'rocketed up' to £20!  So i don't think we can always blame Showmasters for this sort of thing, although of course the senior figures could always say to the actor/agent "sorry, you've been advertised as £35 and we have to put our foot down and keep prices as advertised".  But they aren't going to do that are they?  Would be embarrassing if the actor flounced out and for £15 difference, if you really want to meet someone, you're still going to.  At least photoshoot prices are bought and paid for.

22 hours ago, MVronsky78 said:

Ouch.  It does happen occasionally.  Most egregious example I can remember is from several years back, when C Thomas Howell (£15) was sitting next to Ralph Macchio (£25).  Howell was clearly peeved at this 'slight' and by mid-morning his price had 'rocketed up' to £20!  So i don't think we can always blame Showmasters for this sort of thing, although of course the senior figures could always say to the actor/agent "sorry, you've been advertised as £35 and we have to put our foot down and keep prices as advertised".  But they aren't going to do that are they?  Would be embarrassing if the actor flounced out and for £15 difference, if you really want to meet someone, you're still going to.  At least photoshoot prices are bought and paid for.

I remember that. I was actually going to get his autograph & didn't bother getting it in the end when he raised his own price.

If a guest wants to charge a higher price, they should negotiate that in advance.

I usually like to plan ahead & take out the exact money I need for autographs. The Rest of the money I carry is stalls, food etc.

Showmasters have just released this statement on social media:

We are sorry to inform you that Ryan Hurst made the decision last night not to return to LFCC as agreed and instead attend a different event. Obviously, we are extremely disappointed that he made the choice to break his promise to the fans about being here today. If you had a group Sons of Anarchy photo shoot including Ryan for Sunday, the difference will be refunded and you can use your ticket for the 3 person group shot which is still going ahead. All individual photo shoots with Ryan today will also be refunded. Please bear with us we process these.

• Like 1

Met him yesterday with my partner and friend. We thought he was very disinterested and was rather arrogant. Out of the 12 years of doing conventions he is up there with being one of the worse guest experiences I have had.

I think the overnight price increase did not help as both my partner and friend was going to get him until they found out his price had gone up, it was only until we got some refund vouchers that we decided to get him.

I can imagine a lot of people had only budgeted to spend the £35 on him to then find out he was more maybe contributed to him not being that busy at his table.