Vouchers

10 hours ago, ajknight1972 said:

When these are eventually processed do we have to spend the amount in one go or does the Eventbrite system recognise there could be still money left on it and keep it open?

Cheers

It's a bit of a complicated system but no, you do not have to spend it all in one go. In fact, you can only buy one ticket at a time using your vouchers, then you will be issued with a new voucher. I've no idea if the new voucher will arrive straightaway or if you have to wait.

What if I don’t spend all of my voucher at once?
This is fine. You will receive a new voucher for any remaining balance not spent for use at a future date.

Here is the link with all the details:

https://londonfilmandcomiccon.com/voucher-guide/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

It's a bit of a complicated system but no, you do not have to spend it all in one go. In fact, you can only buy one ticket at a time using your vouchers, then you will be issued with a new voucher. I've no idea if the new voucher will arrive straightaway or if you have to wait.

This is fine. You will receive a new voucher for any remaining balance not spent for use at a future date.

Thanks for replying :-)

On 10/28/2021 at 8:46 AM, natedammit said:

How do I use a voucher? There doesn't  appear to be an option.

1 hour ago, ajknight1972 said:

How do I use a voucher? There doesn't  appear to be an option.

On the Voucher is a code. Then go on Showmasters website and when you are ready to buy a photo shoot ticket or on their Pre order page, you just select the item you want to buy, then once selected the Eventbrite page is shown, at the very top of this page it says Enter Promo code.. insert your code and press the Apply. You will then see the code accepted and then continue your order as you would for buying a photo / pre order, everything is done automatically.  Also to work out what this order voucher is for there should be a reference number on the ticket, you would need to match that up with your Eventbrite tickets. There is also a guide on the vouchers which shows you how to redeem them on Showmasters website.. check ticket info on their main website. Hope this helps. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, Spacecadet is here said:

On the Voucher is a code. Then go on Showmasters website and when you are ready to buy a photo shoot ticket or on their Pre order page, you just select the item you want to buy, then once selected the Eventbrite page is shown, at the very top of this page it says Enter Promo code.. insert your code and press the Apply. You will then see the code accepted and then continue your order as you would for buying a photo / pre order, everything is done automatically.  Also to work out what this order voucher is for there should be a reference number on the ticket, you would need to match that up with your Eventbrite tickets. There is also a guide on the vouchers which shows you how to redeem them on Showmasters website.. check ticket info on their main website. Hope this helps. ;)

Finally sorted it :-(

Would you know if you can use a voucher AND pay by cash if the total price is more than the voucher's worth?

Seems a bit naughty that you have to spend the exact amount or risk losing some?

5 hours ago, ajknight1972 said:

Finally sorted it :-(

Would you know if you can use a voucher AND pay by cash if the total price is more than the voucher's worth?

Seems a bit naughty that you have to spend the exact amount or risk losing some?

I doubt it will allow you to check the item out in the shop if the voucher doesn't cover the cost and you aren't going to pay the rest by card.

3 hours ago, Sooty said:

Good Afternoon I am still waiting for a voucher for the Ashley Walters and Fiona Shaw photo shoots that I ordered, can someone confirm roughly how long they take to come through.  Many thanks.

I don't think there's a set time I'm afraid.  I requested 4 vouchers, and got 3 of them in about just over a week and no comment on the 4th despite a follow up email.  I'd say give it a couple more days and then email them

18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I doubt it will allow you to check the item out in the shop if the voucher doesn't cover the cost and you aren't going to pay the rest by card.

That's just it, I am willing to pay the extra by card.

Just seems unreasonable that I have to spend the exact amount or risk losing money! Not all the photoshoots are the same price :-(

If eventbrite took a couple of quid off a lot of people, they're quids in :-(

Also, lets say I was only attending this event to meet one person in particular and they don't get rescheduled within the voucher's valid date, I'm forced to attend something I don't want to or lose MY photoshoot money :-(

Edited by ajknight1972

On 11/4/2021 at 12:31 PM, ajknight1972 said:

Yes you can do that. I've done it myself, you can use a voucher on something and pay cash to cover the rest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, ajknight1972 said:

That's just it, I am willing to pay the extra by card.

Just seems unreasonable that I have to spend the exact amount or risk losing money! Not all the photoshoots are the same price :-(

If eventbrite took a couple of quid off a lot of people, they're quids in :-(

Also, lets say I was only attending this event to meet one person in particular and they don't get rescheduled within the voucher's valid date, I'm forced to attend something I don't want to or lose MY photoshoot money :-(

I think Dalek and I are getting a bit mixed up over what you want to do exactly so I'll try and put it differently based on my understanding of what you are asking.  As Nate said, you don't have to spend your whole voucher, the remainder you can still spend another time.

For the sake of argument lets say you have £45 worth of vouchers.  There's a photo you want to buy but it's only £30.  If you buy it using your voucher, you will still have the remaining £15 to use on another item in the online shop.  In this situation, if there's nothing for £15 that you want, you should be able to buy a more expensive item, put the remaining £15 of your voucher towards it and then pay the remaining balance on your card to check out of the shop.  Showmasters/eventbrite don't keep the remaining balance, as Showmasters said the vouchers would be refunded after 2 years if they weren't used, so you'd just have to keep track and chase it after the time limit is up if you don't use it all, but it does mean you can use any remaining balance as part payment towards another item.

What you can't do though, and this is what I think you are asking, is use your voucher balance on line and cash on the day.  If you are looking to use your £45 voucher on a £60 photo, you can't check out of the online store unless you pay in full.  The system won't let you put your voucher towards the price, check out with £15 balance owing, and pay the rest at the shoot/on the day, because as with any online shopping, you can't check out if there's a balance owing.

They do have a onsite shop at the event though and you can pay be card or cash there if you want to buy photo's at the event, and I don't know if you would be able to use your vouchers and cash there.  I'd assume not, but that's one to email them and ask about.

Does anyone know....    when you have used a voucher and still have a balance left on it.. does showmasters automatically issue a new voucher for the balance?  If so, how long does it take?     Or do you just use same code again another time until balance runs out?   

On voucher info link it does state new voucher for balance but doeant confirm if automatic.

14 hours ago, HeartDT said:

Does anyone know....    when you have used a voucher and still have a balance left on it.. does showmasters automatically issue a new voucher for the balance?  If so, how long does it take?     Or do you just use same code again another time until balance runs out?   

On voucher info link it does state new voucher for balance but doeant confirm if automatic.

I've heard both to be honest, that you get a new one and that you can just use the same code until the balance runs out.  If it works like a gift card, it'll be the same code until it runs out though which makes a bit more sense to me

8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I've heard both to be honest, that you get a new one and that you can just use the same code until the balance runs out.  If it works like a gift card, it'll be the same code until it runs out though which makes a bit more sense to me

Yeah, the gift card way of working madd sense to me too but was thrown with wording in voucher section.

Just gave it a try and got the last two photos booked i wanted using the code.   Can't wait.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dle1877 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but does anyone know if you can use these to buy vouchers for autographs at the sales desk at the event? Thanks 

Honestly I'm not sure and there's no mods around to check.  I think I can only suggest that you would have to ask them at the sales desk on the day, but I'd be prepared for them to say no just in case.  I think you could use them in the Pre Order shop, so technically you can buy auto's with them, but I'm guessing the onsite sales desk might not be able to deal with it.  You never know though so it would be worth asking, just be prepared to still pay another way if they can't.

12 hours ago, Dle1877 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but does anyone know if you can use these to buy vouchers for autographs at the sales desk at the event? Thanks 

Unfortunately not. 

What can I spend my vouchers on?
You can use your voucher on any ticket within an online Showmasters Eventbrite shop. We are looking at being able to make these redeemable for other areas of our events such as for Showmasters merchandise, at the sale desk and for pre-orders. You will not be able to redeem the voucher an any non Showmasters dealer stands or venue concessions. 

• Like 1