Photoshoots & Plexiglass

LSM

Firstly apologies if this has been addressed before and I've missed the answer.

Has Showmasters announced its stance at all with regards to the professional photos and the use of a divider at all?

I've noticed that some cons are implementing a clear plexiglass divider between guest and fan and some are not. Has Showmasters announced what they plan on doing yet?

There's no point them announcing anything yet, as with two months to go and still so much uncertainty with potential Covid rules there's every chance it would change.

I'm sure SM will want photoshoots as normal as possible, but they'll have to decide what measures are appropriate nearer the time.

• Like 2

A couple of conventions at the weekend did use dividers for their photoshoots. We'll just have to wait and see.

To be honest, it annoys me when I see pictures with, because (to me) they look rubbish; but it also annoys me when I see them without because (to me) it still seems too early.

• Like 4

From how the Film Fair was run at the weekend, it was down to the discretion of the guest. Only a couple of them from what I saw used a screen. None wore masks in the shoot from what I saw (but I have seen pictures from other places where guests have. Most were happy for the shoots to be as they always have been, even with some hugs and poses!  

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for giving their opinions/updates, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for no plexiglass--I feel like if we're at the stage where we need that, we shouldn't be having the con at all. Just a personal opinion though, I'm sure others would disagree, and the guests have the right to feel safe after all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone missed the website announcement:

We will not be using screen dividers during our shoots but we ask you to be respectful of contact while having your photo taken. Those who choose to wear a mask should do so right up to the point that the photo occurs. After your photo shoot has finished you can reapply your mask. Should a guest require any alteration this policy we reserve the right to change our setup per an individual guest request, so they feel comfortable with the process but screens are not part of our planned setup for the photo areas.