Cancellations to London Comic Con in July

LennyD92

Hi everyone, I am coming to this summers con next month fingers crossed we don't go back into another lockdown. However, some of the guests coming from the states have said on their twitter they will not be attending due to UK Covid Protocols like Ming-Na Wen who I was looking forward to seeing. However, Showmasters have yet to update this. With a month until the con starts near enough wouldn't it be responsible for Showmasters to update us on who exactly definitely can attend?

38 minutes ago, LennyD92 said:

Hi everyone, I am coming to this summers con next month fingers crossed we don't go back into another lockdown. However, some of the guests coming from the states have said on their twitter they will not be attending due to UK Covid Protocols like Ming-Na Wen who I was looking forward to seeing. However, Showmasters have yet to update this. With a month until the con starts near enough wouldn't it be responsible for Showmasters to update us on who exactly definitely can attend?

They always announce cancellations, at least as far as I can remember.  They announced John Wesley Shipp's cancellation and rescheduling a couple of days ago, and they posted today that Peter Davidson has cancelled.  With Regards to Ming-Na, she has posted it yes, but as a contract exists between her and Showmasters it all has to be done properly and SM can only announce it once it's been confirmed to them by her agents.  Additionally they will probably be trying to see if they can rearrange her so they post all the details at once.

I agree that they need to be prompt and public when letting us know that a guest can't come any more but it's hardly as if they never tell anyone ever that a  guest isn't coming.

Edited by Raylenth

Hey thanks for the response and I know those that you mentioned about their cancellations however, with Ming-Na and what I am hearing about those coming from the US are going to follow suit too which is some of the guests it would be nice if Showmasters did put some clarity to what guests are 100% going to be attending. I totally understand those like Ming-Na who won't due to the restriction of COVID in having to self-isolation for the timescale set bit in terms of my budgeting and coming from Manchester too, I think some clarity would go a long way. :lol:

2 hours ago, LennyD92 said:

Hey thanks for the response and I know those that you mentioned about their cancellations however, with Ming-Na and what I am hearing about those coming from the US are going to follow suit too which is some of the guests it would be nice if Showmasters did put some clarity to what guests are 100% going to be attending. I totally understand those like Ming-Na who won't due to the restriction of COVID in having to self-isolation for the timescale set bit in terms of my budgeting and coming from Manchester too, I think some clarity would go a long way. :lol:

Everyone is 100% attending until they aren't, no organiser is going to speculate or comment on rumours.  I understand what you mean and there won't be a single person who will be surprised if more/all/most US guests cancel, but until it's formalised between agents and organisers there's not a lot they can say, and as each guest has their own agent, they have to be dealing with them all, it's not like they are waiting to hear from just one person.  It may be that we get a statement next week, or the week after as I imagine it's likely Showmasters are waiting to see what the government says.  Unfortunately this is a unique situation and lots of people are waiting for a decision either way.  Hopefully it won't be long until we get an update.