Ernie Hudson

13 hours ago, reaper2015 said:

Cant seem to find ernie hudson on the ticket page nothing is showing to purchase 

I think they said somewhere they were adding him back in soon so keep checking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 6/23/2021 at 7:05 PM, HeartDT said:

I went to get Ernie Hudson and dont see him anywhere.    Has this still not been sorted?

As of yet, he has not reconfirmed his attendance, based on social media posts. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JamesyD said:

As of yet, he has not reconfirmed his attendance, based on social media posts. 

How about removing everyone off the website until they are reconfirmed? I think that’s what is annoying many people, the uncertainty on some guests.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mayhem said:

How about removing everyone off the website until they are reconfirmed? I think that’s what is annoying many people, the uncertainty on some guests.

unfortunately that would take time for the admins to actually do that, so it's more safer just to say on facebook or twitter that so and so guest has reconfirmed or hasn't been able to reconfirm yet. 

43 minutes ago, Namine said:

unfortunately that would take time for the admins to actually do that, so it's more safer just to say on facebook or twitter that so and so guest has reconfirmed or hasn't been able to reconfirm yet. 

Strong disagree there I'm afraid.  I have no idea how hard or easy it is to remove people already up but as the website is essentially the main store front for the show it should be prioritised to be updated.  People shouldn't have to hunt around different socials and multiple posts to find the basic info of who's attending and who isn't.  There's also the fact that technically speaking people are being advertised as attending and have tickets online to buy who haven't officially reconfirmed.    Additionally, there are currently 2 guests on the website who are also scheduled to appear at another event the same weekend.  I don't know who's actually got them booked, but they can't be doing both, and if they aren't doing LFCC they need to be removed, if they aren't doing the other event then they need to remove them.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/29/2021 at 10:22 PM, Mayhem said:

You have to remember: Showmasters are responsible for a lot of events, not just LFCC. The people who work in the office are also the people who are building and planning the National Film & Sci-Fi Museum, as well as the Pixel Bunker and the Kurtz-Joiner Archive. On top of this, they have to liaise with agents, guests, venues, management, sponsors, stakeholders, volunteers and fans. They cannot remove guests from the website without cancelling the guest, as this may cause issues with agents/sponsors etc. due to contracts. 

Just my point of view - being around and working with Showmasters staff, being in the business myself and working with major stakeholders in other business ventures. They are the hardest working and most dedicated people you could imagine, trust me. 

9 hours ago, JamesyD said:

You have to remember: Showmasters are responsible for a lot of events, not just LFCC. The people who work in the office are also the people who are building and planning the National Film & Sci-Fi Museum, as well as the Pixel Bunker and the Kurtz-Joiner Archive. On top of this, they have to liaise with agents, guests, venues, management, sponsors, stakeholders, volunteers and fans. They cannot remove guests from the website without cancelling the guest, as this may cause issues with agents/sponsors etc. due to contracts. 

Just my point of view - being around and working with Showmasters staff, being in the business myself and working with major stakeholders in other business ventures. They are the hardest working and most dedicated people you could imagine, trust me. 

I know they are busy and have a lot of events on their plate and as a long time attendee I appreciate the work they are putting in to put the shows on.  All I can really say is that other events have cleared their guest pages with no visible problems and it makes it far easier for everyone to know who's coming.  Even separating the guests into different sections for reconfirmed and still waiting would be helpful.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2