Covid rules?

I've tried looking, but can't seem to find it. What are the rules for this event? Will we be required to wear face coverings at the event, whilst meeting the guests? In photoshoots? Will it be more socially distanced?

45 minutes ago, iDanziii said:

I've tried looking, but can't seem to find it. What are the rules for this event? Will we be required to wear face coverings at the event, whilst meeting the guests? In photoshoots? Will it be more socially distanced?

It's too early for them to have anything in place.  Whilst this make it really difficult for us who want to buy shoots, there's no way for them to know what the situation and law will be in July.  They are following the goverments test events and rulings and will hopefully inform everyone as soon as they can.  Working out actionable plans for most likely eventualities will be time consuming and costly unfortunately, so they can't just publish what they will do for situations A, B, C ect.

Basically we just have to wait until it's nearer the event and they have a better idea of what they will or won't be required to do.

• Like 1

The most obvious thing so far is lateral flow tests. My friend always checks the groovy news, and he pulled up a report by the Sun the other day whilst those Liverpool gig events were grroovily taken place where it was stated by the scientists events can go ahead safely without social distancing as long as there's good ventilation and everyone is proved negative. It does mention staggered entry which hasn't been mentioned in any of the trial events, but I'm not sure if this would work for events like this which attract 1000s of people? Staggered entry for events between 100-900 peeps maybe, but huge events...?

35 minutes ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

The most obvious thing so far is lateral flow tests. My friend always checks the groovy news, and he pulled up a report by the Sun the other day whilst those Liverpool gig events were grroovily taken place where it was stated by the scientists events can go ahead safely without social distancing as long as there's good ventilation and everyone is proved negative. It does mention staggered entry which hasn't been mentioned in any of the trial events, but I'm not sure if this would work for events like this which attract 1000s of people? Staggered entry for events between 100-900 peeps maybe, but huge events...?

Yeah staggered entry won't work when you have a significant number of guests because of photo shoots if nothing else.  Even if you split shoots, inc short ones so you had 2 sessions a day for each guest, you have no guarantee people in early will leave before the PM lot arrive because they might have tons of shoots and auto's to get.

43 minutes ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

How do we define good ventilation though?

I don’t think most of us that have attended Olympia at normal capacity would consider it well ventilated.

the grand hall is basically a giant greenhouse 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mayhem said:

As you say indeed, re greenhouse. Which is one reason I can't see this year's event happening unless the venue is changed for example. I await to be proven wrong...

I was thinking somewhere like tobacco Dock would be better. Its open well ventilated with sheltered areas. You could probably get a one way system going too. 

Either that or olympia would need every door and window open plus several giant wind machines.  

Edited by LadyDeTemps

I do feel that radio silence from SM isn’t ideal, but at the same time I realise they can only go off of government guidance. 
just about 2 months out from the event, and with an influx of U.K. based/British guests, says to me they fully expect to have to cancel all overseas guests? 
As it is, we don’t know how entry will work, photos and autos, the amount off attendees in the venue, nothing. 
I have a Clark Gregg photo rolled over from Spring 2020, which I am sure a good number of people do. I haven’t booked entry or any other photo ops, because we just don’t know what the situation is. 
If you said to me, yes this is going ahead, you have to wear a mask indoors at all times other than a ‘quick off and on for a photo op’, then fair enough we know where we stand. 
I just feel July is too close to the latest step on the reopening roadmap, with the majority of attendees won’t have been fully vaccinated, I can’t see many attendees or guests being 100% comfortable with the whole experience 

1 hour ago, D4vem88 said:

I just feel July is too close to the latest step on the reopening roadmap, with the majority of attendees won’t have been fully vaccinated, I can’t see many attendees or guests being 100% comfortable with the whole experience

Perhaps you underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

5 hours ago, D4vem88 said:

I do feel that radio silence from SM isn’t ideal, but at the same time I realise they can only go off of government guidance. 
just about 2 months out from the event, and with an influx of U.K. based/British guests, says to me they fully expect to have to cancel all overseas guests? 
As it is, we don’t know how entry will work, photos and autos, the amount off attendees in the venue, nothing. 
I have a Clark Gregg photo rolled over from Spring 2020, which I am sure a good number of people do. I haven’t booked entry or any other photo ops, because we just don’t know what the situation is. 
If you said to me, yes this is going ahead, you have to wear a mask indoors at all times other than a ‘quick off and on for a photo op’, then fair enough we know where we stand. 

From my friend: Current guidance on travel from the US states you have to have negative results for you-know-what and should be vaccinated. Based on the rollout in the United States the vast majority of the overseas guests should be good to go. 

I'm sure in the Downing Street briefing on Monday Boris said that the government would be issuing guidance later this month to help business to prepare for the next set of restrictions to be lifted in June.

Lets hope that all goes well with the recent test events such as the BRIT awards.

Not only are a lot of U.K. guests  being announced - but a lot of guests are only attending one day.

there could be a logistical or financial reason behind that or perhaps guests Themselves are not keen to commit to the weekend

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, benweblight said:

Not only are a lot of U.K. guests  being announced - but a lot of guests are only attending one day.

there could be a logistical or financial reason behind that or perhaps guests Themselves are not keen to commit to the weekend

I would imagine if they are prepared to do one day, 2 won't matter.  Personally I think it's so they can still have a lot of different guests, but by having them all only do one day they can spread them out more and keep the numbers lower.