Latest covid spread

On 4/21/2021 at 8:15 AM, Wrong Name said:

This is a decision made by the government. Showmasters aren’t going to spend money on it if they don’t have to. I’m not 100% sure what method of proof the government will require for these tests but if it’s something on the app, then I would strongly advise everyone gets it if they want to get in an event like this. This is the 21st century after all! 

Hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later mate and hopefully everything runs smoothly hope every1 keeps safe and make it to tge event so we can sort of try and move on from the crap year and a half weve all have been through

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, natedammit said:

Well it's normal, but different to what normal was before, so it's new.

Can we settle on 'newmal'? 

I'm not settling for anything but old normal coming back. No tests, not track and trace, no masks, no social distancing, no covid passorts/social credit scores.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:55 AM, gobo1979uk said:

I'm not settling for anything but old normal coming back. No tests, not track and trace, no masks, no social distancing, no covid passorts/social credit scores.

Unfortunately you'd be wishing until you're blue in the face. COVID stuff will be the new norm. Hell, my mom said that she wouldn't be surprised to see the UK have a covid vaccination every year IF it doesn't go away. 

IF you want to go on holiday abroad, you NEED a certification that you have been vaccinated against covid. This is pretty much the same as anywhere else that requires you to get vaccinated i.e. Egypt or anywhere that has a huge chance of catching something i.e. Yellow Fever. Masks will be mandated for at least in my rough estimation about three years at least. America is doing one where IF you have been vaccinated, you are allowed to not wear a mask UNLESS you're in a heavy populated crowd such as football/sports games, concerts, theatres, cinemas, theme parks, shopping malls etc. 

Track and Trace is the same as mask mandates, it NEEDS to be kept in check and used all the time because of clubs/pubs/restaurants being forced to close their premises down due to outbreak of COVID because someone came in, didn't bother to sign in with the track and trace who had symptoms of coronavirus. 

I KNOW you don't like it, but for gods sake, you need to understand that this is gonna be the new "normal" for years and years to come. This isn't like the flu or cold, this can have serious repercussions on your health. Think of it this way, IF a guest suddenly got a bout of coronavirus, do you think for one second that he/she would want to attend london film and comic con or collectormania or other conventions? I don't think they would. Do you think that he/she would be willing to pay £1400 to stay in a hotel for ten days to quarantine his/herself in order to make sure he/she does not have any more symptoms and then suddenly finding out that they have symptoms which means they would have to pay another £1400 AND miss london film and comic con or collectormania etc? I don't think they would.

Phew, now that's off my chest, I really do have to apologise if that sounded like a rant.

• Like 1