Latest covid spread

55 minutes ago, posey1234 said:

Hi all just wondering with the latest varient spread is rising again does that mean london film and comic con should postpone until nxt year to make sure peoples heath and well being comes first

Hi Posey, they won't comment unless they have anything official to say I'm afraid, and if and when they do, they will post it as soon as they can.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Posey, they won't comment unless they have anything official to say I'm afraid, and if and when they do, they will post it as soon as they can.  

Yes very true i was just wondering if any 1 new what might happen thanks so much for the reply its pretty worrying though with a crowded building for the con

Basically it's too far out to have announce able plans as there's too many variables - either it'll be fine to go ahead relatively normally without extra precautions, extra precautions need to be taken (But that can mean many things - social distancing, masks on except in the shoots, lowered attendance figures) or it won't go ahead. Many events are postponing until next year still because of similar situations and there's just too much to plan for, but many event are still planning to go ahead.

I know it's hard and stressful but when they have a picture of what the situation is nearer the time they will update everyone with what the event will look like I'm sure.

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Basically it's too far out to have announce able plans as there's too many variables - either it'll be fine to go ahead relatively normally without extra precautions, extra precautions need to be taken (But that can mean many things - social distancing, masks on except in the shoots, lowered attendance figures) or it won't go ahead. Many events are postponing until next year still because of similar situations and there's just too much to plan for, but many event are still planning to go ahead.

I know it's hard and stressful but when they have a picture of what the situation is nearer the time they will update everyone with what the event will look like I'm sure.

Prob is though theres no way that they can do social distancing at an event like this let alone to many tickets have been sold so guess we will have to wait and see like you said but tbh i do think it should wait until nxt year so theres more chance the spread has slowed or even stopped or they have extra time to sort the distancing problem out

2 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Prob is though theres no way that they can do social distancing at an event like this let alone to many tickets have been sold so guess we will have to wait and see like you said but tbh i do think it should wait until nxt year so theres more chance the spread has slowed or even stopped or they have extra time to sort the distancing problem out

As has been said many times before in other threads on here, if the government decides that events like this can go ahead, then it will. Like many other companies in the world, SM have suffered this year with not being able to hold their shows. Insurance companies will not pay out if they decide to cancel off their own back, so they would lose even more money. If you don’t feel safe going to a con this year, that’s fine, don’t go. Trust me when I say that there are many people out there looking forward to just being able to get out there and do things again though! 

On 4/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, Wrong Name said:

As has been said many times before in other threads on here, if the government decides that events like this can go ahead, then it will. Like many other companies in the world, SM have suffered this year with not being able to hold their shows. Insurance companies will not pay out if they decide to cancel off their own back, so they would lose even more money. If you don’t feel safe going to a con this year, that’s fine, don’t go. Trust me when I say that there are many people out there looking forward to just being able to get out there and do things again though! 

Very true mate am wanting to go just nervous as if it is safe enough thats all mate and just dnt know how they will do social distancing in queues for photos and autos thats all

9 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Very true mate am wanting to go just nervous as if it is safe enough thats all mate and just dnt know how they will do social distancing in queues for photos and autos thats all

No worries, it’s all very different right now. Just know that if everything goes to plan, all social distancing rules should be removed in June. With the way they are trialing these mass events next month, people need to take a Covid test just before attending, then it will go ahead as normal. Only you can decide if you want to attend though. 

8 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

No worries, it’s all very different right now. Just know that if everything goes to plan, all social distancing rules should be removed in June. With the way they are trialing these mass events next month, people need to take a Covid test just before attending, then it will go ahead as normal. Only you can decide if you want to attend though. 

Thing is about taking covid test though is how are they going to know if you have taken it or not unless they do it at the event

3 minutes ago, posey1234 said:

Thing is about taking covid test though is how are they going to know if you have taken it or not unless they do it at the event

Whenever I see posts by you in any covid related threads I can't help but find your username ironic, what with the 'a pocketful of posies' line in 'Ring-a-ring-o'-roses', and its origin. 

23 hours ago, posey1234 said:

'how they will do social distancing in queues for photos and autos thats all'. They won't do social distancing. Either the event goes ahead with no social distancing or it can't go ahead. Wouldn't be cost effective unless they cram the place.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:17 PM, posey1234 said:

Hi all just wondering with the latest varient spread is rising again does that mean london film and comic con should postpone until nxt year to make sure peoples heath and well being comes first

No, life always had risks. Gotta start living life again sometime.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, Wrong Name said:

YES. ME. I need to get doing things again. I'd go tomorrow if it was acually a normal con - not 'new-normal'. With London how it is at the moment, getting stabbed is more of a worry for me than covid.

6 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Probably have to show you've registered a negative test on the NHS Covid app for example as part of your entrance process.

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

Probably have to show you've registered a negative test on the NHS Covid app for example as part of your entrance process.

What if people dnt have the app though i think they should test people as they queue up with the tests the kids from school have they give quick results

8 hours ago, posey1234 said:

What if people dnt have the app though i think they should test people as they queue up with the tests the kids from school have they give quick results

This is a decision made by the government. Showmasters aren’t going to spend money on it if they don’t have to. I’m not 100% sure what method of proof the government will require for these tests but if it’s something on the app, then I would strongly advise everyone gets it if they want to get in an event like this. This is the 21st century after all! 

9 hours ago, gobo1979uk said:

YES. ME. I need to get doing things again. I'd go tomorrow if it was acually a normal con - not 'new-normal'. With London how it is at the moment, getting stabbed is more of a worry for me than covid.

I’m afraid ‘new-normal’ is likely to be around in some capacity for a while. Look at history and how previous pandemics and life changing events have effected society long after they were over. This is just something we will have to accept and live with I’m afraid. 

19 hours ago, posey1234 said:

Thats 100,000 tests over the 3 days. hardly practical.

11 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

I’m afraid ‘new-normal’ is likely to be around in some capacity for a while. Look at history and how previous pandemics and life changing events have effected society long after they were over. This is just something we will have to accept and live with I’m afraid. 

No such thing as new-normal, just normal or abnormal.

If you take a Covid home test rapid flow test and register your result on the NHS website they send you the test result by email and text so I guess that may have to be shown to gain entry.

They couldn't possible test everyone on the door.
It must take me half an hour to do my own test and wait for the result so we would never all get into the building in time.

Guess we just have to be patient and see how things go over the next three months.