Assumption

I'm not sure what you mean by cashed in, but yes, tickets for postponed events are still valid.  If a guest you have a shoot booked with can't reattend, I'd presume they will handle it the usual way with a guest that cancels and refund those tickets, but they haven't actually said.  There's no reason though to think that cancelled guests will be handled any differently than normal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 2:51 PM, ajknight1972 said:

I've always been told to never assume but entry tickets for last years event are still valid (unless cashed in?) and any photo-shoots booked that don't take place this year will be reimbursed?

Cheers,

Andy

Yes, IF a guest should cancel due to reasons like i.e. conflicting events (i.e. new TV show/movie being shot and he/she is in there or in the case of Alice Cooper that he has a tour coming up for example), then you will be reimbursed for said photo shoot, the only time a ticket will not be reimbursed, is when you have bought a ticket for the comic con itself and the con goes on and you're unable to get there. It's usually only when the con cancels that they give two options - 1) tickets will be reimbursed back to your primary source of funding i.e. bank account or paypal and 2) the tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled comic con.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
On 4/21/2021 at 11:03 PM, Namine said:

Yes, IF a guest should cancel due to reasons like i.e. conflicting events (i.e. new TV show/movie being shot and he/she is in there or in the case of Alice Cooper that he has a tour coming up for example), then you will be reimbursed for said photo shoot, the only time a ticket will not be reimbursed, is when you have bought a ticket for the comic con itself and the con goes on and you're unable to get there. It's usually only when the con cancels that they give two options - 1) tickets will be reimbursed back to your primary source of funding i.e. bank account or paypal and 2) the tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled comic con.

This is actually not correct. As per the T&Cs on the website, Showmasters Events no longer provide cash refunds automatically. The automatic form of refunds is in the way of credit notes to be used at any Showmasters event or on the online shop, anytime within 2 years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JamesyD said:

This is actually not correct. As per the T&Cs on the website, Showmasters Events no longer provide cash refunds automatically. The automatic form of refunds is in the way of credit notes to be used at any Showmasters event or on the online shop, anytime within 2 years. 

Technically it could still be correct depending on when the ticket was purchased as I think changes in terms of a contract cannot be imposed without both parties agreeing to the change - the customer needs to be officially informed that terms are changing and if they don't agree to the new terms their tickets need to be refunded.  This is why Google/Facebook/Ebay ect are always emailing about changes and you are deemed to have accepted if you continue to use the service.  As we weren't informed about the changes in the terms, I guess anyone who has a ticket that predates the new T&C's would have a good arguement .....

• Like 3