What you want to achieve in 2021

natedammit

A new year brings us all the chance to reflect on our lives in many a way. Sometimes we may come up with things we want to do, try or change over the next 12 months. They could be magnificent or mundane.

I thought if we put those things in textual form it may provide some motivation for us. We can keep each other updated on our successes or, more likely, failures, and at the end of the year see how we've all done.

This is definitely NOT a 'New Year's Resolution' thread. Just so you know.

*If you don't want to put something for personal (or legal) reasons, you could put it in some kind of code so only you know what it means, and still update on your progress.

*The 'new year' is just a randomly chosen point in a human created calendar and has no actual meaning or significance.

*Yes, I am aware that this is yet another natedammit thread destined for failure.

Edited by natedammit
  • Like 1

I'll go first, because I'm a big brave boy.

• Make bedroom nice. (It's incredibly untidy, and I spend a lot of time there.)
  • Drill hole, put screw in it. (I mean, I have done this before a couple of times, but it should be something I'm more comfortable with.)
  • Some, any, tiny bit of something that could technically be described as 'exercise'. (I am disgustingly lazy.)
  • Drop less 'T's and pick up more 'H's. (I've gotten a lot worse with this in the last few years. I blame the people I work with.)
  • Eat less Pringles. (Pretty self-explanatory.)

• Like 2

What a great idea for a thread! My big 'want to achieve' things for 2021 are:

• Write the book I've wanted to write for ten years
  • Get my own place 
  • Make a success of my Bookstragram (I'm one of those people who'll pick up an idea and drop it two weeks later)
  • Do more exercise 
  • Cook more often
  • Redecorate 
  • Get comfortable in my own skin
  • Spend as much time as possible with my friends
  • And finally, attend a comic con!
  • Like 2

Firstly LocWiz, thanking you for joining in, it is appreciated. Secondly, your goals are a tad more ambitious than mine, which probably says a lot more about me than it does about you.

I don't know what 'bookstagram' means (I'm really very old), but feel free to post a link when you are happy to.

20 hours ago, natedammit said:

I'll go first, because I'm a big brave boy.

• Make bedroom nice. (It's incredibly untidy, and I spend a lot of time there.)

My room Is also untidy, i'll get it a decent way clean then it just ends up untidy again. :wacko:

• Like 2

Been giving it some thought. So I think this would be the list:

*Procrastinate less. 

*Get through the dvds that I havent because of procrastination. 

*Tidy room so it actually looks tidy. 

*Order less stuff

*Start a project I've been wanting to for a while, but have no clue how I go about it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

Firstly LocWiz, thanking you for joining in, it is appreciated. Secondly, your goals are a tad more ambitious than mine, which probably says a lot more about me than it does about you.

I don't know what 'bookstagram' means (I'm really very old), but feel free to post a link when you are happy to.

I HAVE A FORUM NICKNAME!!! (Can you tell I’m pleased about it?) 

If any of you lovely people do feel like following my Bookstagram where I’ll mainly be raving about my favourite books/authors, the link is now on my profile! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I resolve to try and accidentally stab myself less with tiny crochet needles.

Hows about you resolve to crochet me a tiny blue bear that I asked you for ages ago and you said you couldn't do but you might if you could find a suitable pattern?

2 hours ago, TheLocalWizard said:

If any of you lovely people do feel like following my Bookstagram where I’ll mainly be raving about my favourite books/authors, the link is now on my profile! 

I'm not big on the ol' Insta, but I'll check it out.

Sort out a storage for my autos/photos. 

Buy a prop/piece of memorabilia. (I have always thought about it, but I've never seen anything I've wanted to commit too). 

Come up with an idea to cosplay next year at a con. I've never done it before. ( a year should be enough time to plan, right?? :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

Hows about you resolve to crochet me a tiny blue bear that I asked you for ages ago and you said you couldn't do but you might if you could find a suitable pattern?

Did I?  I probably did.  Oh well, life sucks sometimes doesn't it.

On that note, I have just found a pattern that could work, but have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, so I could possibly have it ready for you around, oh I don't know, October?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Did I?  I probably did.  Oh well, life sucks sometimes doesn't it.

On that note, I have just found a pattern that could work, but have a couple of projects on the go at the moment, so I could possibly have it ready for you around, oh I don't know, October?

Only sometimes?

I welcome your promise of October (a quiet month for me), and look forward to seeing the result with enormous anticipation.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2021 at 10:06 AM, maegurwen said:

*Procrastinate less. 

*Order less stuff

*Start a project I've been wanting to for a while, but have no clue how I go about it. 

Update: Have managed to get motivated a bit and my room looks a bit more cleaner. Not completely clean but allot better than it was.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, maegurwen said:

Update: Have managed to get motivated a bit and my room looks a bit more cleaner. Not completely clean but allot better than it was.

I think my bedroom is on a whooooole different level of untidiness to yours.

I have completed step 8 of 'Natedammit's 100 Step Programme to Bedroom Tidiness'. It doesn't look any different. 

On 2/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, natedammit said:

I think my bedroom is on a whooooole different level of untidiness to yours.

I have completed step 8 of 'Natedammit's 100 Step Programme to Bedroom Tidiness'. It doesn't look any different. 

To be honest I know the feeling. Can clean my room, but a few days later it will be messy again... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 10:06 AM, maegurwen said:

*Procrastinate less. 

*Order less stuff

Another update: Managing to motivate myself more, still having days where I'm procrastinating though. 

Starting to get through dvds as well, trying to get films out the way as well as anime. So far I have gotten through a few films, three seasons of my hero academia and am continuing through fairytail.

Room fluxuates between looking like a mess and looking a little decent. 

The last one I have not started but still want to do. 

As for ordering less stuff, I think I do order less but most of what I order is pop funko's now. 

• Like 2