This years event

On 2/14/2021 at 3:05 AM, whysoserious79 said:

There is no way this is going to go ahead, we're not even CLOSE to having mass gathering at big events. How exactly would meeting the guests work? Stay 2 metres away from them while they wear a face mask, hardly a great experience of meeting someone is it?

I reckon perspex glass separating them from fans and wearing a mask

On 2/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, CrazyHorses said:

I reckon perspex glass separating them from fans and wearing a mask

On 2/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, posey1234 said:

If that does happen then how are tgey going to do the 2 metres apart for the autograph and photograph queue thats the big question

If it's still at that stage that those measures are required, a show the size of LFCC isn't happening

As much as I miss cons, I really don't see this happening any time soon. As stated above what kind of fun would it be meeting guests but not actually being able to properly approach them for photographs or autographs and having to stay behind a screen? Then there's the issue of overcrowded venues. That's part of the charm of comic con, the packed lines and halls are all part of the experience, but there's no way to properly social distance unless the number of people allowed in is seriously limited, which would end up not being profitable surely. 

• Like 2

From Facebook:

London Film & Comic Con and London Comic Con Winter will be going ahead after the positive news from the government today that restrictions will be lifted by end of June as long as all goes to plan on the vaccine and infection rate.
This means we can now increase the build up to the events and we look forward to seeing you in July for the UK’s first big event!
All events will happen under strict guidelines of the government so that we are all safe and can enjoy the events together once again. All details of any event modifications or personal requirements will be outlined much closer to the event when guidance from the government will be most relevant.
Stay tuned for news on guest announcements and activities, and announcements on our other great events too!

3 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

From Facebook:

London Film & Comic Con and London Comic Con Winter will be going ahead after the positive news from the government today that restrictions will be lifted by end of June as long as all goes to plan on the vaccine and infection rate.
This means we can now increase the build up to the events and we look forward to seeing you in July for the UK’s first big event!
All events will happen under strict guidelines of the government so that we are all safe and can enjoy the events together once again. All details of any event modifications or personal requirements will be outlined much closer to the event when guidance from the government will be most relevant.
Stay tuned for news on guest announcements and activities, and announcements on our other great events too!

Yeah it says as long as things go all well in june but not every1 will be facinated b4 july tbh still to early to know

There are still a lot of things to consider, like guests wearing facemasks in Photo Shoot if that was the case then I would want a refund.  plus the may still be a limit on how many people are allow to mix indoors, It may be a case of having a Covid test before you can attend. What the rules on International Travel are, and if the guest is still available as a lot of shows are shooting later due to everything.

• Like 2

Had a photo shoot with Arthur Darvill at a signing last September. He was stood in the doorway of a TARDIS without a mask, we were stood next to it, so we had the required separation and weren't facing each other, and removed our masks at the last minute, just long enough for the photo to be taken.

I would think, with a little imagination, something could be found to go between punters and the guests at the various photo shoots to fill the required gap.

Edited by Geoff K
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Geoff K said:

Had a photo shoot with Arthur Darvill at a signing last September. He was stood in the doorway of a TARDIS without a mask, we were stood next to it, so we had the required separation and weren't facing each other, and removed our masks at the last minute, just long enough for the photo to be taken.

What was the ventilation like?

The photo studio was a large room at a church hall in Chiswick, with all doors and windows open, and a one-way system in operation.

In terms of attendees, there were only 60-70 of us, spread over an afternoon, and admitted in socially distanced groups of 6 for the signing part. Each guest sat at one end of a long table, wearing masks etc. and we would stand at the other end, with the helper sat in-between.

I had two Doctor Who books signed by Arthur (£15 each) and had a nice chat with him. Made a point of thanking him for coming given the situation.

Obviously, a tiny event compared to LFCC, but the key for the latter will be what regulations are in force, and if SM can come up with a plan that accommodates these, and allows enough people to attend to generate the money needed to make the event viable. I'm guessing there'll be fewer guests, and mostly UK residents, depending on travel restrictions at the time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

From Facebook:

Tbh I'm not trusting what the government say. It all comes down to whether or not people adhere to the rules like rule of six until that's finished or people who do not wear masks or socially distance themselves or even worse to say - spend all the time outside in parks having picnics with more than one person!

At the end of the day, it's down to everybody, but that's damn well fine enough with me saying it, but for me to say "wear a mask, social distance, get your vaccine when you can!", there's always gonna be a bunch more who are like "Shut up, don't tell us what to do, we don't want to wear masks, we don't want to social distance, we're fine with hanging out in a group of more than six!" etc etc.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Namine said:

Tbh I'm not trusting what the government say. It all comes down to whether or not people adhere to the rules like rule of six until that's finished or people who do not wear masks or socially distance themselves or even worse to say - spend all the time outside in parks having picnics with more than one person!

At the end of the day, it's down to everybody, but that's damn well fine enough with me saying it, but for me to say "wear a mask, social distance, get your vaccine when you can!", there's always gonna be a bunch more who are like "Shut up, don't tell us what to do, we don't want to wear masks, we don't want to social distance, we're fine with hanging out in a group of more than six!" etc etc.

You are spot on there mate to many selfish people who think this is a joke illness when its not

• Like 2

Hi guys brilliant news from Sm as you may have seen. there r three things regarding 'guidelines' my friend has pointed may apply to this con, which could grroovily happen, personally I don't moovily mind if these were to happen which i'm sure sm will b happy to work with

1)-Testing-everyone may be required on entering and exiting to be tested

2) Children under 16-it may be advised although all adults will have been offered the jab but as they haven't they won't b allowed in unless maybe they're happy wearing masks

3) masks-there is a possibility govvy may say the majority don't need to do those restrictions when step 4 comes into being but some people, such as those who have not yet been jabbed may b asked to continue to wear until they have been jabbed

I grrrrooovily look forward to July

Edited by shakeYourGrooveThing

32 minutes ago, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Hi guys brilliant news from Sm as you may have seen. there r three things regarding 'guidelines' my friend has pointed may apply to this con, which could grroovily happen, personally I don't moovily mind if these were to happen which i'm sure sm will b happy to work with

1)-Testing-everyone may be required on entering and exiting to be tested

2) Children under 16-it may be advised although all adults will have been offered the jab but as they haven't they won't b allowed in unless maybe they're happy wearing masks

3) masks-there is a possibility govvy may say the majority don't need to do those restrictions when step 4 comes into being but some people, such as those who have not yet been jabbed may b asked to continue to wear until they have been jabbed

I grrrrooovily look forward to July

Thats IF everything works out and tbh thats a big IF theres along way to go yet know need to rush it 

Silly as it may possibly sound, I don't think I'd want to go ahead with a con if all guests and attendees still needed to wear face masks and couldn't be in close proximity/touch each other in any way. I know that handshakes, hugs etc are nothing more than a bonus from very kind guests but having to stand at arm's length away from someone for a conversation or photo with them would feel very awkward and impersonal, and in my opinion really ruins a lot of the experience.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, Namine said:

The most bizarre thing is locally to me the worst offenders throughout have been those in the 65+ year old bracket. Since most of them have now been vaccinated they have got even worse!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anorak said:

The most bizarre thing is locally to me the worst offenders throughout have been those in the 65+ year old bracket. Since most of them have now been vaccinated they have got even worse!

That is definatly true expecially where i live just wondering how are the people running this show going to know whos been facinated and hasnt

I really can’t see this going ahead in July, despite what SM have said. The dates given by the government are earliest possible dates which are all subject to review depending on the current situation. The moment there is a slight relaxing of restrictions, we all know that there are stupid people who will immediately start behaving like we’re back to normal, and I can see cases rising again and the dates being pushed back.

Also, I’m guessing a lot of guests will be coming over from the States. They may not be happy coming over here at that time, and I can see lots of cancellations occurring if the event insists on going ahead in July.

Surely it would be more sensible for SM to wait until October/November time when, hopefully, things will have calmed down more? I know they are probably desperate to start earning money again, like most companies, but they have to be realistic.

I for one, don’t want to attend an event where the guests are in masks, or stuck behind glass panels and, if this is the case, I would sincerely hope that prices for autographs and photos were reduced accordingly and those of us who have already bought tickets will get partial refunds.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, melliott1963 said:

I really can’t see this going ahead in July, despite what SM have said. The dates given by the government are earliest possible dates which are all subject to review depending on the current situation. The moment there is a slight relaxing of restrictions, we all know that there are stupid people who will immediately start behaving like we’re back to normal, and I can see cases rising again and the dates being pushed back.

Also, I’m guessing a lot of guests will be coming over from the States. They may not be happy coming over here at that time, and I can see lots of cancellations occurring if the event insists on going ahead in July.

Surely it would be more sensible for SM to wait until October/November time when, hopefully, things will have calmed down more? I know they are probably desperate to start earning money again, like most companies, but they have to be realistic.

I for one, don’t want to attend an event where the guests are in masks, or stuck behind glass panels and, if this is the case, I would sincerely hope that prices for autographs and photos were reduced accordingly and those of us who have already bought tickets will get partial refunds.

It would be better at that date or in 2022 mate tbh