This years event

On 1/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, yellowmarlin said:

The current government target is to have offered a vaccine to every adult by the autumn. That makes it seem unlikely that an event like this, where social distancing is unfeasible, will be permitted as early as July.

i don't think that will put event organisators off. Like i said in Gen Chat i bet events can b done at reduced capacity 

Edited by shakeYourGrooveThing

On 1/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, shakeYourGrooveThing said:

Once the situation pans out more, more info will b released, but as it is its 7 months away, so no doubt it will happen but I imagine there will b condierably less people and much quieter.

I would imagine SM can do more planning at 1-2 months notice once you-know-what eases

I disagree; I think the fact that showmasters may more likely have to either cancel or postpone. Another convention (cannot name it as it's against SMs policies) has postponed until november!

I think we still have to wait and see, I'm afraid. I for one would prefer to postpone because the first event I'd like to attend would be a 'normal' one then. Without having to worry about the pandemic still...and just enjoy the event as we did before. 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:21 AM, natedammit said:

= reduced (by a lot) guests = reduced (by a lot) vendors = reduced (by a lot) experience = no grooviness.

Also a lot of them have presumably already paid. For a big event expecting a large crowd. If you then get a small event and a small crowd surely you’d expect a (partial) refund. 

Even the first postponement meant ticket holders would have been paying summer prices for a full venue then got a smaller winter event for the same price. 

there’s also the problem that anyone who bought a ticket for last summer can still decide they’d rather have the refund afterwards. If the event was limited to say 5000 and that number are sold; 1000 could still decide against going and it’s even further under capacity. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think with being optimistic, we're all gonna have to see how this goes and IF it does get cancelled, then unfortuantely it's the way it happens with the pandemic still going on. I cannot see the pandemic going away for a good couple of years tbh...maybe 2025/2026.

22 hours ago, Namine said:

I think with being optimistic, we're all gonna have to see how this goes and IF it does get cancelled, then unfortuantely it's the way it happens with the pandemic still going on. I cannot see the pandemic going away for a good couple of years tbh...maybe 2025/2026.

They won't cancel, they will just keep postponing until they finally can do convention.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, Namine said:

I think 2025/2026 is a bit extreme, 2021 is definitely not going to have a normal event if any at all. I think by summer 2022 we will see events back to normal

• Like 1

exactly. covid might b in the background for a few years but not like N has said. I wanna get my grrooiviness on the con scene ASAP-events should b back soon sooner grrovily or later-I don't need to say y but can point to my opnion^^. hopefully, and i remain grrroovilly optimistic we'll have some events this year from as early as summer-ish?

Edited by shakeYourGrooveThing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, posey1234 said:

Think they should leave it till next year at the latest tbh but would be nice if they put a post to know where we roughly stand at tge moment

My guess is that there will be no statements of any kind until they are ready to officially postpone (and there all the legal/contractual reasons that have been mentioned as to why they can't just do that straightaway). If there was some kind of statement it would probably just say they are 'waiting for official government guidelines' (true) but are 'preparing for the event as normal' (not true). 

Hopefully it won't be too long before we get something concrete (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

On 2/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, posey1234 said:

Think they should leave it till next year at the latest tbh but would be nice if they put a post to know where we roughly stand at tge moment

thats what my friend is kinda thinking, as he's not even allowed the full time off for the November dates-so might be a little difficult trying to attend in November.

And W, hold in there mate, we will get there.