TV shows watched in 2021

Raylenth

Lucifer seasons 1-5.  Finally managed to get access to the Amazon series so I've binged watched them all and have mostly enjoyed it.  Some of the plot lines were fairly obvious (last few eps of S5, I'm looking at you) and the less said about some of them not actually being very good police officers the better.  it's amusing and enjoyable though and good on Tom Ellis for being willing to get his bum out so often.

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

good on Tom Ellis for being willing to get his bum out so often.

Disgusting objectification.

Although I guess I know what I have to do next time SM have the Wings photoshoot available. 

Edited by natedammit

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

Disgusting objectification.

Although I guess I know what I have to do next time SM have the Wings photoshoot available. 

That would be really funny and you are committed to doing it now.  May I recommend the arseless trousers for a modicum of decency?

• 2 weeks later...

The Boys.  This is a really good series, it's bizarre, childish, funny, crude and at times strange.  I've loved it though.  The chap who plays Homelander is brilliant, he can really do a good power mad psychopath and he was often really chilling to watch.  The whole cast is superb.

And I love the whole thing with The Deep and the fate of all his sea helpers.  It's tragic and down right hilarious.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Kurdamoni said:

Peaky Blinders: finally started watching it with my boyfriend. It's gritty and dark, but I like that. Great acting. We'll see how it goes.

That reminds me I need to watch the rest. I stopped in the middle of episode 2 and I can't rember why I did that.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, Kurdamoni said:

I saw all three episodes now, it's really entertaining. I like where it is going. Very mysterious.

I really enjoyed it I loved the storyline and the mystery of it 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, natedammit said:

I have mostly been watching television shows about people who are quite good at something, who compete to see who is the best at being quite good at that thing, then win nothing.

They won at life though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up on Loki's first three episodes, and I am LOVING IT!! I was initially really hesitant as to whether I'd actually enjoy it, but it's rapidly become one of my favourite entires in the MCU!! Owen Wilson is such a great choice for Mobius, and Sophia Di Martino is an excellent choice for her role (being vague to avoid spoilers). 

Tom Hiddleston is being Tom Hiddleston, with bucket loads of charm and wit, and I cannot wait for Season 2!

14 minutes ago, TheLocalWizard said:

Tom Hiddleston is being Tom Hiddleston, with bucket loads of charm and wit, and I cannot wait for Season 2!

I choose to infer from this that Tom Widdlestick as himself does not have much charm and wit, a position with which I happen to agree.

(Yes, I do realise this is a pot/kettle situation)

So many ----- in  no particular order, loved/loving all of these

Mare of Eastwood

Firefly Lane

Wandavision,  Falcon & Winter Soldier,  Loki

Sweet Tooth

Time

Penguin Town

Queens Gambit

Clarkson's Farm

The Rookie

Billions

.... i am sure i am forgetting some.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fruits basket:(s3) plot was there to an extent. Was an episode or two that were either very squashed or totally different from the manga. Still enjoyed it and to some extent may have made more sense. Plus it took away the one thing I really hated in the manga. I was also hoping for a little less yuki this season to but he was in every episode where as Kyo and tohru were in 12 out of 13.

I've mostly been watching anime but will be back to tv shows in general. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

squid_game_poster_main.jpg

SQUID GAME (2021)

4/5 (No spoilers)

I just watched all 9 episodes of Netflix's most popular show ever and although it didn't disappoint I didn't think it was the best thing ever as some have made it out to be. It is however very good and has some really great characters but I found the episodes rather inconsistent in quality and some quite dragged-out. It reminded me of The Running Man (1988), Eyes Wide Shut (1999) and 90s game-show The Crystal Maze only a lot more violent and no humor at all. It was intelligently written and touched upon many themes such as kindness, humanity, greed and survival all wrapped-up in an intriguing dystopian science-fiction bow. I still think Kingdom is the best Korean thing to come out of Netflix though.

Edited by nicky