TV shows watched in 2021

Raylenth

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

The Ripper (Netflix) A documentary about the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper.  Quite an interesting show and shocking, not just for the murders obviously but for the actions of the police who were seriously hampered by their prejudices and many actions they took (or didn't as it was) that probably did lead to more people dying.

Night Stalker: The Hunt For A Serial Killer (Netflix).  Another very good documentary on the hunt for another serial killer.  It was really interesting to see what the police were up against given how quickly the NS attacks took place and how varied the victims were which meant they had no victim profile to warn people against.

Both were really good and I'd definitely say to watch.

You're getting a bit dark recently. Should we be worried?

Ghost Wars (Netflix).  I can see why it was cancelled after it's first series but it's got quite a good cast so I was hoping it might still be better than it was.  Kim Coates, Vincent D'Onofrio and Meatloaf all have main parts, but the story's nothing new and feels like a rehash of a few other series.  Gave up after episode 4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WandaVision Episode 7...HOLY SMOKES THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!! I genuinely don't think I've been this invested in a show for YEARS, and I am loving it! Every single performance is top notch (seriously, Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are delivering some of the most nuanced performances I've seen in a long time, and Kathryn Hahn is just...give her ALL the awards) and the overall mystery is so brilliantly crafted!

Honestly cannot wait for the next two episodes, and cannot recommend the show highly enough!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faerie Tanith said:

You've been to a Walmart?

It basically felt like it. It was part of the tour I went on at Universal Studios in Hollywood a couple of years ago. I wasn’t massively impressed as it did just feel like being in a supermarket. But I guess that’s what they were going for! 

4 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

It basically felt like it. It was part of the tour I went on at Universal Studios in Hollywood a couple of years ago. I wasn’t massively impressed as it did just feel like being in a supermarket. But I guess that’s what they were going for! 

Guess that means they did a good job. I heard the cast and crew were often tempted to shop while on set, but all the product boxes were obviously empty. 

18 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Guess that means they did a good job. I heard the cast and crew were often tempted to shop while on set, but all the product boxes were obviously empty. 

Yup. And all the food is plastic etc. It was cool to see all the fake set extensions and behind the scenes etc. A lot of mirrors used to make the place look bigger than it is. Here’s a couple of pics I took.

B92-E19-EA-F15-A-4-A95-9883-34-F1-CC4-AD

22-DF5-BEC-31-F4-4-F42-8-F0-A-06-CC5-F93

Edited by Wrong Name

Prodigal Son - It's taken me a while to get around to watching this but it was worth the wait. The main character, Malcolm, is a criminal profiler for the NYPD. He is also the son of a jailed serial killer called The Surgeon - a suitably creepy performance from Michael Sheen. It's a slow burner but get past the first few episodes then wow. Crime solving leading to a shocking conclusion to the series. Can't wait for series 2.

11 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Prodigal Son - It's taken me a while to get around to watching this but it was worth the wait. The main character, Malcolm, is a criminal profiler for the NYPD. He is also the son of a jailed serial killer called The Surgeon - a suitably creepy performance from Michael Sheen. It's a slow burner but get past the first few episodes then wow. Crime solving leading to a shocking conclusion to the series. Can't wait for series 2.

What was Michael Sheen's character called? Hector Lannibal?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

52 minutes ago, natedammit said:

What was Michael Sheen's character called? Hector Lannibal?

I agree, it's a s***ty knock off of Hannibal that literally steals things directly from Hannibal and PCF should be ashamed of liking it.  Go and watch the real thing you traitor!

Seriously though, I gave it a try as I do like murder/cop shows but I couldn't get in to it.  I might give it another go at some point.

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I agree, it's a s***ty knock off of Hannibal that literally steals things directly from Hannibal and PCF should be ashamed of liking it.  Go and watch the real thing you traitor!

Seriously though, I gave it a try as I do like murder/cop shows but I couldn't get in to it.  I might give it another go at some point.

I did wonder if it was a cheap version of Hannibal. Gives me another incentive to watch the original (it is on my favourites list just haven't got around to it yet). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I did wonder if it was a cheap version of Hannibal. Gives me another incentive to watch the original (it is on my favourites list just haven't got around to it yet). 

Glad to hear it!  

So, WandaVision finale....

I cannot begin to explain how much I have loved every second of this show. Every twist, every line of dialogue, every last second was AMAZING!! Still not 100% on how it'll connect to Multiverse of Madness, but I can't wait to see how everyone's second favourite Doctor connects to it all!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLocalWizard said:

So, WandaVision finale....

I cannot begin to explain how much I have loved every second of this show. Every twist, every line of dialogue, every last second was AMAZING!! Still not 100% on how it'll connect to Multiverse of Madness, but I can't wait to see how everyone's second favourite Doctor connects to it all!

Likewise.  I enjoyed it very much.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

That reminds me that I have the dvd somewhere. I need to start watching that at some point. 

• Like 2